Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lewis Page

Comments

• Does anyone know if it was caused by a foul or if he just pulled up?
    Someone in the crowd blew their nose and he collapsed. 
  • Absolutely gutted for him. It’s enough to be injured to be taken off 3 minutes before half time.

Really hope this doesn’t push him back too much again, he really needs some proper luck. Suppose all we can do is hope he will be okay and can push to be ready as soon as he can. It’s just been a horrible, horrible time for him.
  • I don’t think it is luck..... I think there is a core issue in that he isn’t physically strong enough for competitive football. His body is breaking down and he will also be mentally suffering to the point where he won’t have that side for playing.... riding challenges, playing through the pain barrier etc.

This is only gonna end one way I fear 
  • Been saying for a while I reckon his injuries are in his head. I think Bowyer's lack of sympathy in interviews could be alluding to this too.
  • Didn't people say that about Youga and Ambrose? 
  • edited November 2019
    Poor bloke. I’d be distraught.

He needs to start working on his coaching badges because he’s going to have a hard time getting picked up when his playing contract expires.
  • Poor bloke. I’d be distraught.

He needs to start working on his coaching badges because he’s going to have a hard time getting picked up when his playing contract expires.
    I agree. Sadly even if he gets a run of fitness now, it's going to take a brave manager to take a risk on that lasting. Feel for the lad. The new Danny Haynes!
  • The omens were there from his first game at The Valley, when he lasted about 20 minutes before going off (playing for Coventry)
  • Poor bloke. I’d be distraught.

Sadly true.

At best he's going to get a 1 year deal from a league 1 or 2 club whenever his contract with us is over. He might even have to accept a pay as you play deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• I feel sorry for the bloke, but we are wasting a wage paying him. Enough is enough, no point him being at the club and sitting in the stands every week. 
  • There’s a reason a premier league academy product was affordable on roly’s pissy budget. West Ham kept quiet as to what that reason was. Sold as seen. 
    Maybe there’s a footballer in LP but he’s got to take responsibility for getting properly into shape. His condition ain’t all bad luck. Sadly the chances of him being in shape in a Charlton shirt look to have gone. Let’s hope for his sake he’s learned his lessons 
  • edited November 2019
    He's only 23. His career is far from over. 

Would be interested to know whether he's following advice on how to get back up to fitness and how his mental health is being managed as part of his return.
  • Age is irrelevant really, if the injuries keep coming what club will want him.
  • LenGlover said:
    Let's hope it was precautionary more than anything.
    Hamstring
  • Ferryman said:
    LenGlover said:
    Hamstring
    this .. according to Louis Mend on CharltonLive .. probably 6 weeks out at least .. is he still being paid or is he down to basic SSP ? .. no laughing matter really though
  • edited November 2019
    Ferryman said:
    LenGlover said:
    Hamstring
    this .. according to Louis Mend on CharltonLive .. probably 6 weeks out at least .. is he still being paid or is he down to basic SSP ? .. no laughing matter really though
    He is on a contract to be paid per week, no footballer will be on SSP unless they are on pay as you play contracts which are far rarer than people think.
  • Pay him up front and get rid. Without playing he's costing us points. I know it's not his fault but the club must come first.
  • Ferryman said:
    LenGlover said:
    Hamstring
    He is on a contract to be paid per week, no footballer will be on SSP unless they are on pay as you play contracts which are far rarer than people think.
    I wrote that in jest
  • Pay him up front and get rid. Without playing he's costing us points. I know it's not his fault but the club must come first.
    In an ideal world that’s what should happen. It’s probably not a nice thing to do, but we all know that when he gets back after this injury he will pick another one up straight away. 
    One thing is for sure, he won’t be getting a contract when his current one expires. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking on wiki i see that he played 26 times on loan at Coventry in the first half of the 16-17 season. 

In almost 3 years for us he has managed 27 games.

What on earth were Coventry doing with him that we can't?
  • Looking on wiki i see that he played 26 times on loan at Coventry in the first half of the 16-17 season. 

most likely it was there that he transmogrified from Footballer into Glassman 
  • edited November 2019
    Looking on wiki i see that he played 26 times on loan at Coventry in the first half of the 16-17 season. 

They probably told him that if he played 26 games he would get a gold plated orthopaedic shoe. 
  • Can we claim anything on insurance?

Definition of Charltonised.
  • This decades winner of the Cory Gibbs Trophy 
  • edited November 2019
    Someone needs to rewrite the job spec for new signings that it is no longer necessary to spend copious amounts of time on the sidelines with injuries to be a CAFC 1st team member.
  • If he is out for 6 weeks, that is awful for everybody.

His Insta profile and stories seem to suggest he's a popular chap and lives a happy life, so that's good to see.
  • mendonca said:
    If he is out for 6 weeks, that is awful for everybody.

His Insta profile and stories seem to suggest he's a popular chap and lives a happy life, so that's good to see.
    Well he has plenty of time on his hands to cultivate relationships.
  • edited November 2019
    To rescue his Professional career hasn't Lewis Page had a full body scan to see if the top doctors can pin point a weakness say in his back which affects the various different Injuries he constantly picks up.

When Lewis is released at the end of this season, the only way he would get a contract is on a pay as you play basis in the lower leagues. Which going by the last 3 seasons will put him on the bread line.

It's such a shame for the lad as he has talent. I wish him well.