Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fat Sam incoming

123457»

Comments

• Options

RedChaser said:

I thought he was after the vacant USA coaching job long term, no?

I think it's a one off or temporary arrangement, as it says a "clinic".

We must have a higher percentage of supporters than most clubs, who actually don't want the team to win.
    I find it unbelievably frustrating.
    Seriously? I thought you were better than this?

You know that argument/statement is 100% crap.

Genuinely surprised that you would come out with that.
    Canters, for possibly the first time, I'll have to disagree with you.

There is a possibility that a manager/coach, with one of the best track record in The Prem, (considering where his teams should end up and where they do) may run a clinic for our defence.

We now have 6 pages of discussions as to whether we would like him to help out, with some negative comments ranging from "FFS", "to think I used to be proud that the word integrity was associated with CAFC", "I'd settle for relegation if it means the Belgians sell up".

These are hardly ringing endorsements of a possible attempt to produce more winning performances, even if the majority are in favour.

Which you promptly translated into, 'Some of our fans want us to lose'.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Happy Birthday you lovable big fat crook.

FFS!!
    Oh sorry.

Tried to be nice, then it just went wrong...
  • Options

It’s a no from me.

Did Allarydyce use to do the Hellman's mayo ads?
  • Options

It’s a no from me.

Did Allarydyce use to do the Hellman's mayo ads?
    Yeah with spit the dog
  • Options
    Before you know it, Sarr will be 25stone, drinking pints of wine and have a great big gold chain hanging around his neck.
  • Options
    I'd be over the moon with him having any involvement, so, so underrated. He was one of the most forward thinking managers and especially for an English manager in terms of preparation and whilst I don't think statistics are the be all and end all he managed to find their place.

And his side's are nothing if not well organised
  • Options

RedChaser said:

We must have a higher percentage of supporters than most clubs, who actually don't want the team to win.

There is a possibility that a manager/coach, with one of the best track record in The Prem, (considering where his teams should end up and where they do) may run a clinic for our defence.

We now have 6 pages of discussions as to whether we would like him to help out, with some negative comments ranging from "FFS", "to think I used to be proud that the word integrity was associated with CAFC", "I'd settle for relegation if it means the Belgians sell up".

These are hardly ringing endorsements of a possible attempt to produce more winning performances, even if the majority are in favour.

CE indeed. We usually see things in pretty much the same way.

I agree this move is being done in an attempt to improve the team.

There is however no guarantee that this move will bring us any more wins than we would have got or in fact any way if knowing as we have no counterfactual.

People's objection to this move isn't down to questions over Sam's ability as a coach. We all know what he can do. Their doubts are about his character and whether he is someone who we want associated with our club. Personally I think those doubts are well founded.

If Robbo thinks there is a need for this and it will help then I'll back him. That doesn't mean fans aren't allowed to question the decision. That is completely different from wanting the team to lose. Particularly as there is no evidence that not taking this move or getting someone else to do it will cause us to lose.

In an ideal world we wouldn't have Sam doing it, we would have someone with similar experience but of a much better character. I admit that an ideal world doesnt exist and am willing to accept Sam.

Those saying "I'd settle for relegation if it means the Belgians sell up" are also not saying they want the team to lose. Being willing to accept losses to rid ourselves of this poison is a fairly extreme but valid point of view, and one I myself have shared at points of despair during the last 3 years.

They do not want the team to lose they want the team to win. But the reasoning has been to accept whatever it takes to remove them as quickly as possible so we can get on with rebuilding our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We’ve got a clip of KR talking about oversized Samuel in the latest Charlton Live podcast.

• Options

RedChaser said:

Who are these people who want the team to fail? Anyone on here actually know one?
    We'll look into it
    Could be a long and fruitless search.
  • Options

It’s a no from me.

Many players have a dark secret which they'd like to hide...

That's two very impressive sets of Hounslows.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

It is possible to be in favour of attempts to produce more winning performances without having to support ALL and ANY attempts to produce more willing performances.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Who are these people who want the team to fail? Anyone on here actually know one?

IdleHans said:

I'd settle for promotion if it means the Belgian sells up.

I'd still settle for relegation if it means the Belgians selling up.

Right on cue!
    Apologist.

Head in sand.

Relegation.

You carry on with your blinkered cobblers.

"Just sell the club".
    As much as it is a scenario that you would love, we do happen to be 5th in the table. I respectfully suggest my little friend that the only one of us spouting blinkered cobblers is yourself whilst living in your time warp!

Love

Al x
    Allardyce is not suitable for the job, bring back the master tactician Karel.
    I notice that you "both" have the same initials. Has anyone ever seen them together?

No. I thought not.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

IdleHans said:

Right on cue!
    Apologist.

Head in sand.

Relegation.

"Just sell the club".
    As much as it is a scenario that you would love, we do happen to be 5th in the table. I respectfully suggest my little friend that the only one of us spouting blinkered cobblers is yourself whilst living in your time warp!

Love

Al x
    I notice that you "both" have the same initials. Has anyone ever seen them together?

No. I thought not.
    Excuse me for asking, but did you once say that you lived on a boat/barge ?
    I only enquire as recently someone on here was asking for advice.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

IdleHans said:

Right on cue!
    Apologist.

Head in sand.

Relegation.

"Just sell the club".

Love

Al x

No. I thought not.
    Excuse me for asking, but did you once say that you lived on a boat/barge ?
    I only enquire as recently someone on here was asking for advice.
    Yeh...I didn't offer any advice as it was nearly 30 years ago and things have changed.
  • Options
    More good news!

Is this really Charlton Life?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    https://talksport.com/football/479220/sam-allardyce-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-everton-arsenal/

Bloody stupid saying this, oh I wanted to sign someone but they cost to much

I am sure Bowyer wants to sign Messi but knows he cant
  • Options
    The former toffees boss Sam Allardyce leaves in 2018 and is now trying to remind struggling premiership teams that he is still around and happy to help out for a decent discloses and larger brown bag fee?