Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fat Sam incoming

Comments

• Options
    This thing about some fans not wanting us to win is something of a myth.
    It first reared it’s head a year or two back with one or two kind of saying it tongue in cheek without really deep down meaning it.....some were simply saying if it helped to get rid of the regime it could ‘possibly’ be a price worth paying, not altogether unreasonable one has to say as they were really saying that they didn’t mind us losing as opposed to come out and say they actually ‘wanted’ us to lose.....it’s a very subtle but significant difference.
    I would NEVER want us to lose but it did cross my mind at one time that if we lost a few games on the spin it might not be so bad if it in some way encouraged Goldfinger to fuck off.
    It never happened that way.......so it’s really a dead issue as things are are at present wouldn’t you say.
  • Options
    I'd settle for promotion if it means the Belgian sells up.
  • Options
    I didn’t want us to win against Southend last season

due to the bigger picture of the result inadvertently leading to promotion for the scum , still there’s nowt as blinkered as a Charlton fan
  • Options
    Shrewd move if Robinson can get him in to work with the team.
  • Options
    Am I going mad or are there those that think this is a bad idea?
  • Options
    Could any of those who think this is a bad idea please explain as I'm struggling to see a single negative to this idea
  • Options
    Can we just make him manager? We'd be promoted by January.
  • Options
    Am not sure how Allardyce coming here on a very temporary basis is going to benefit us. All short term measures by the clowns again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is a fantastic move he will in still confidence into that back line and is great for the younger players to work with a man who is a natural born winner. I don't give a crap people moaned about his style of football 3 points is 3 points and there are no bonus points on offer for style.

Also one of the criticisms of Robinson is that he surrounds himself with inexperienced coaches so to have big Sam with him,about shortly, can only be a positive thing. Robinson final sure will benefit as much this as the players will.
  • Options
    Can we get the ladies to coach the forwards while we're at it.
  • Options
    Dream Team.

Robbo and Allardyceo.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Dream Team.

Robbo and Allardyceo

Something you know that we don't?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I thought he was after the vacant USA coaching job long term, no?

I think it's a one off or temporary arrangement, as it says a "clinic".

We must have a higher percentage of supporters than most clubs, who actually don't want the team to win.
    I find it unbelievably frustrating.
    I understand where you're coming from mate and even though this site is by far the largest of the fans forums it is still only a small percentage of the total fan base so the messages can be misleading with only a small minority actually wanting the team to fail.

I am pretty sure most fans still want the team to win every game but some will also have the morale dilema of Alardyce being employed by / connected with the club following his sacking by the FA as others did with Bowyer given his past misdemeanours.

It's each to their own but no major drama for me and if he can help tighten the defence then what's not to like. He will no doubt preach that defending starts from the front and I can't recall any of his teams playing as expansively as KR favours, some improvement however will be better than nothing.

Thank you for taking a deep breath and replying in such measured terms to @Covered End . He's got his own personal "bad language watershed" on here (you can't swear before 09.00 or something) and would have been very upset by how I felt like responding before I had even finished my morning cuppa.

Personally I don't believe the story, and not so much because I can't imagine our lot having the ambition, but because I can't see Allardyce lowering himself. He surely doesn't need a short term job like this. It's like a sacked Tesco CEO taking the job of store manage at Eltham Sainsbury's.

But in football the absurd is commonplace

• Options

Am not sure how Allardyce coming here on a very temporary basis is going to benefit us. All short term measures by the clowns again.

We have conceded too many goals this season, bringing in one of the best defence Managers/Coaches of recent times can only be a good thing.

Short termism has always been a major fault of this owners reign but let's realistic Big Sam was never going to agree to anything else.

Let's take this opportunity
  • Options
    I really don't like Allardyce, I never have, but like KR's use of outside coaches. It may help so why not.
  • Options

Can we just make him manager? We'd be promoted by January.

Dunno about that but guaranteed to stay up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw him in the west stand executive bar Saturday after the game, stopped and said hello etc nice fella, said what you doing here just said come to watch a good game of football!
  • Options
    Doesnt actually sound like he's going to be a coach at the club... More sounds like he's going to come in and do a few sessions and thats it

Its like when your workplace put on a few workshop days in the office with an outsider coming in to offer tips on how the team can work together etc.
  • Options
    Should be fine, just as long as David Joyes remembers to lock the chequebook away in the safe every night, (and stops using "passw0rd" as the password for the on-line banking).

And checks that the safe is still there every morning.
  • Options
    Great idea . We would be stupid not to use his experience and expertise if it was available.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

It’s a no from me.

Ha ha, might as well get Rhino Stevens or Pat Van den Hauwe in for a session then to add a bit of steel to the back line :smiley: .
  • Options
    More wishful thinking from Robinson as far as I am concerned. As someone has already said, the word 'clinic' was mentioned. Maybe Allardyce has agreed to do a training session with the defence (big deal). I'd take him as permanent manager though just to piss Palace off and to stop having to listen to Robinson's hogwash.