Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fat Sam incoming

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W31aA4o1API

Big Sam after hearing he will get the chance to work with Our Defenders......

Sue will have real competition now to win the race to the buffet.
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    I always wondered where Gobby caught his case of verbal diarrhoea from - now I know,
  • Options
    This is a "he MIGHT do a one off clinic"

He's not coming in as a full time coach.
  • Options
    Would be great. Knows his stuff, swooped in for Diego Poyet in 2014.
  • Options
    Do we know how much time Fat Sam was actually spending on the training ground? He’s always pictured in suit’n’tie, not a tracksuit manager? Established his rep at Bolton getting in good older players for low fees and increasingly for liking the wheeling and dealing aspects - which ultimately finished him. Dunno how long gobbinson worked with fatso, cos little if any of his playing style has rubbed off but the youngster certainly shares the elder’s thirst. Maybe if fatso can keep gobby shitfaced in the pub for a coupla weeks, the talent at Sparrows Lane can get on with what they’re all good at without relentless scouse blather to distract them! Fatso sure won’t be cheap tho...
  • Options
    great idea .. what's not to like .. (but I see there is already a long list of not to likes)
  • Options

Help the defense by parking his gargantuan canister in front of the goal

Unless you are on a windup, you are an imbecile
  • Options
    sm said:

Just on the day when our "old" player Eni Aluko was making me proud of Charlton, the current regime goes out to establish links with someone even the FA found to be disreputable in the end.

BTW doesn't Eni knock spots off our current CEO in practically every respect

Articulate
    Coherent
    Qualified professional
    Knowledge and experience of football
    Knowledge and experience of Charlton
    Prepared to stand up to dominating men
    Principled
    The sort of person who should be on the FA Council

I wonder if Katrien might show some sisterly solidarity and threaten to resign from the FA Council unless the current FA chair takes his share of responsibility and resigns?

You are an idiot too. If you can't see the benefits of having a successful manager coming in to lend a hand then you are a tit! He's more successful than Curbishley (there I said it) and you would take him back in a heartbeat... regardless of the England mishap I am sure most other less pessimistic supporters in the Premier League would snap up his services
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The SMT have probably got confused and offered a job to that bloke from Twitter @the_BigSam
  • Options

The club haven't splashed "Promotion guaranteed now we have a new messiah" across the o/s. Nor has it been stated he is coming on to be club ambassador, in charge of the petty cash tin or parachuted into our children's schools as Head of Ethics.

From the limited info seems a very sensible move by a young manager identifying weaknesses and efficiently using his network of contacts to improve them and thereby our chances of success in the pitch.

People don't half get their knickers in a twist over trivial stuff and find negativity in everything.

Messi would sign for us in a modern day Simonsen freak transfer and first comment on here would be a snooty, folded armed "''Ope he's gonna pay his tax" followed up by a "He's too short too fit our system, we need clogger-types to move us forward".

spot on

Can't see anything at all to be negative about this 'possibly' happening.
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:

sm said:

Just on the day when our "old" player Eni Aluko was making me proud of Charlton, the current regime goes out to establish links with someone even the FA found to be disreputable in the end.

Articulate
    Coherent
    Qualified professional
    Principled

I wonder if Katrien might show some sisterly solidarity and threaten to resign from the FA Council unless the current FA chair takes his share of responsibility and resigns?

You are an idiot too. If you can't see the benefits of having a successful manager coming in to lend a hand then you are a tit! He's more successful than Curbishley (there I said it) and you would take him back in a heartbeat... regardless of the England mishap I am sure most other less pessimistic supporters in the Premier League would snap up his services
    I may be an idiot but at least I am a principled one.
  • Options
    sm said:

tgarrat1 said:

sm said:

Articulate
    Coherent
    Qualified professional
    Principled

I may be an idiot but at least I am a principled one.
    we've all got principles, but that is pure pettiness
  • Options
    Allardyce was sacked because he couldn't separate his own self interest and dodgy dealing from the job he was being paid to do. Why do you think he would behave any differently if he was employed by us? He is a moral pygmy compared to Alan Curbishley - who has demonstrated by his action against WHU that he is prepared to stand up for decent principles, even though it has led to his subsequent blackballing by other football clubs directors.

Some believe that the ends justify the means I don't. I think history justifies my position time and time again. If you do business with a chimney sweep you are bound to get dirty.
  • Options
    I should add that there are plenty of honest and decent defensive coaches out there.
  • Options

Cash in hand?
  • Options
    sm said:

I should add that there are plenty of honest and decent defensive coaches out there.

who ?
  • Options
    He might come in to run a defensive clinic, he’s not being appointed CFO!
  • Options
    he's coming in for a coaching 'clinic' so likely a one-off. If KR thinks there is a problem why not hire a permanent defensive coach?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can we get the ladies to coach the forwards while we're at it.

corrected for you

• Options
    sm said:

got a list of names ?
  • Options

he's coming in for a coaching 'clinic' so likely a one-off. If KR thinks there is a problem why not hire a permanent defensive coach?

Spot on
  • Options

yes, reading it again it says he 'may' come in so he actually hasn't agreed yet. Like saying Messi 'may' come in and coach the forwards.
  • Options

££££'s
  • Options

sm said:

who ?
    Take you pick http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2810767/Club-club-guide-defensive-coaches-Premier-League.html - given the nature of football I sure some are available and have better morals than Allardyce.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

I'd settle for promotion if it means the Belgian sells up.

I'd still settle for relegation if it means the Belgians selling up.
    I seem to recall people saying 2 years ago that relegation from the Championship didn't matter, as it meant that Roland would be far more likely to sell. That worked out well...
  • Options

Some slightly confusing comments here, all Big Sam will do is come in for a couple of (presumably unpaid) training session and give a bit of defensive advice. I'm sure the players will appreciate it, and a different pair of eyes can't do any harm.

And it's not even confirmed he'll do that.

He "may" come in is all that was said.
  • Options
    Ex Palace and Millwall...on a serious note, this is a good move.