Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Celebrities That Are Still Alive

Comments

• Prunella Scales. Actress born 22 June 1932.

Best known, arguably, for playing Sybil Fawlty in Fawlty Towers.
  • Dartford lad Peter Blake turned 90 on Saturday. 
  • Paul Hogan, Mick "Crocadile" Dundee 

He was 90, 90! The other week 

Some great lines he had in those films 
  • Murray Melvin Actor, Author, Director

Born 10 August 1932.

Best known possibly for playing Geoffrey Ingham in the film version of Shelagh Delaney's Taste of Honey (alongside Rita Tushingham and Dora Bryan amongst others) back in 1961. The original play and film were ground breaking  as Geoffrey was an openly gay character, certainly by the standards of the time, and both the play and film were deemed controversial.
  • Carter said:
    Paul Hogan, Mick "Crocadile" Dundee 

He was 90, 90! The other week 

Some great lines he had in those films 
    Just looked him up as couldn't believe he was 90. Turns out he's 82. 
  • After the signing today of Terry Thomas and the confusion of catchphrases with him and Leslie Phillips, had a Google of the pair of them. 

Leslie is 98 years young and still with us. Got married again to his third wife at the age of 89. 
  • Mickey Stewart, former Charlton footballer, Surrey and England cricketer and Manager for both, is currently sitting at The Oval watching the Test. He will be 90 next Friday and I'm sure that the person who started this thread would accept Mickey into the fold once he reaches that landmark.   
  • Have memories of Mickey Stewart fielding at silly mid on for Surrey.  Brilliant fielder.  Had no idea he played for Charlton.
  • LenGlover said:
    Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Born 7 October1931

Famous for having a classification of degree named after him but, more seriously and importantly, also for his distinguished work campaigning against apartheid and for the United Nations.
    ……and for having a bit of garden named after him in Chinbrook Meadows. 
  • Mickey Stewart, former Charlton footballer, Surrey and England cricketer and Manager for both, is currently sitting at The Oval watching the Test. He will be 90 next Friday and I'm sure that the person who started this thread would accept Mickey into the fold once he reaches that landmark.   
    90 today. Congratulations Mickey!
  • Sponsored links:

• See him quite often around Bromley 
  • Ray Reardon.

Snooker player born 8 October 1932 and ranks highly amongst the greats of the game.

Six time world champion and highly rated coach especially by Ronnie O' Sullivan.

A few minutes early I know (UK time) but past midnight in Switzerland so I'm posting.
  • Norman Burtenshaw well known football referee of yester year, who was 'coined' by our friendly neighbours back in the sixties if memory serves me right, born February 1926.
  • Most celebrities are still alive aren't they?
  • Read the first post for details...  
  • Mitzi Gaynor born 4 September 1931.

Singer, Dancer and Actress in fifties musicals such as 'There's No Business Like Show Business' and 'South Pacific' which were massive hits at the time and have been performed  subsequently often too. 
  • Bit late with that one Len.  South Pacific time?
  • This must have been taken a few years ago because it stated he's 90 when he will be 97 in December. But even so it is a rather impressive performance.

• Sponsored links:

• Terry Medwin

born 25 September 1932

Last Welsh footballer to score a goal at a world cup finals in Sweden back in 1958.

Also a Spurs legend as @JohnBoyUK will confirm.
  • Petula Clark

Singer born 15 November 1932.

A few hours early but in the absence of Chirpy hopefully permissible as circumstances dictate that I probably won't have internet access tomorrow.
  • Damn you Len Glover - I waited until today only to find you had cheated the system!  :D
  • LenGlover said:
    Petula Clark

Singer born 15 November 1932.

A few hours early but in the absence of Chirpy hopefully permissible as circumstances dictate that I probably won't have internet access tomorrow.
    When we got our first record player a neighbour gave us a bunch of records to get us started, it included Petula Clark's 'Sailor' - which I thought was marvellous at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k8fzE7UHu8
  • Damn you Len Glover - I waited until today only to find you had cheated the system!  :D
    Sorry! Was at a funeral yesterday with little or no internet access so 'cheated.'
  • John Anderson

Born 28 November 1931

Best known as the referee on the TV show Gladiators but also a distinguished athletics coach over many years.
  • LenGlover said:
    John Anderson

Born 28 November 1931

Best known as the referee on the TV show Gladiators but also a distinguished athletics coach over many years.
    A celebrity Len……Mmmmm….I don’t think so.🤔
    Personally, I’ve never heard of him.
  • SoundAsa£ said:I
    LenGlover said:
    John Anderson

Born 28 November 1931

Fight, fight, fight……….. “Gladiators Ready” 😉
  • LenGlover said:
    John Anderson

Born 28 November 1931

Gladiators was prime Saturday night viewing when my girls were young. John Fashanu presented it and John Anderson was the referee and regularly referred to during the programme.

I'd wager most on here know who he is if I was a gambling man.
  • Sat in the row behind him at one of the 2 international athletic comps we attended in the 1980's after the 1984 Olympics.

So, either Stuttgart 1986 , European Championships or Rome 1987, World Athletic Championships. 

He was then coaching at least one of our GB athletes.