Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options

Credit where credit is due. Corbyn is getting better at this. He is currently delivering an excellent speech. Measured in tone, skilfully delivered and full of relevant and pertinent content setting out the new Labour policy (in contrast to the ridiculous shouty and childish references to Spanish civil war 80 years ago by Emily Thornbury). It is a real shame that he and the Labour leadership have such a blind spot about Brexit and don't seem to realise that after Brexit there will be no scope to finance any of their new policies and they won't be able to protect the working classes who will be most affected by it.

Just don’t ask him about anything he’s done in the past or people and organisations he’s supported.

• Options
    Around the 49s mark he clearly says 'no' yet people still doubt he's a wrongun.
  • Options

Credit where credit is due. Corbyn is getting better at this. He is currently delivering an excellent speech. Measured in tone, skilfully delivered and full of relevant and pertinent content setting out the new Labour policy (in contrast to the ridiculous shouty and childish references to Spanish civil war 80 years ago by Emily Thornbury). It is a real shame that he and the Labour leadership have such a blind spot about Brexit and don't seem to realise that after Brexit there will be no scope to finance any of their new policies and they won't be able to protect the working classes who will be most affected by it.

Just don’t ask him about anything he’s done in the past or people and organisations he’s supported.

Many Brexit Tory politicians actively colluded with Russia during the referendum so I find this line of criticism a bit rich.
  • Options

Around the 49s mark he clearly says 'no' yet people still doubt he's a wrongun.

A man of principles, just absolutely terrible ones.
  • Options

Many Brexit Tory politicians actively colluded with Russia during the referendum so I find this line of criticism a bit rich.
    Do you have a source for that? Aaron Banks is not a Tory MP.
  • Options
    The promise to end the 'greed-is-good' culture was a curious promise to make, if not only because it is completely impossible to end a compensatory human behaviour borne from experiences.

Plenty of other wishy-washy, impossible to implement/deliver on promises. Sounds good, no doubt, though.
  • Options

Do you have a source for that? Aaron Banks is not a Tory MP.
    No, but he is more or less a Russian double agent.
  • Options
    So it wasn't "Many Brexit Tory politicians" who actively colluded with Russia during the referendum?
  • Options

The promise to end the 'greed-is-good' culture was a curious promise to make, if not only because it is completely impossible to end a compensatory human behaviour borne from experiences.

Plenty of other wishy-washy, impossible to implement/deliver on promises. Sounds good, no doubt, though.

I tend to agree - just a soundbite. Perhaps this is another way of saying it:

To secure for the workers by hand or by brain the full fruits of their industry and the most equitable distribution thereof that may be possible upon the basis of the common ownership of the means of production, distribution and exchange, and the best obtainable system of popular administration and control of each industry or service.

• Options

So it wasn't "Many Brexit Tory politicians" who actively colluded with Russia during the referendum?

Keep 'em honest Robert Mueller
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If the Daily Mail and the rest of the right wing press in the U.K. can print dodgy fake headlines about Corby why can't I do the same about Brexit Tory politicians?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    bobmunro said:

I tend to agree - just a soundbite. Perhaps this is another way of saying it:

To secure for the workers by hand or by brain the full fruits of their industry and the most equitable distribution thereof that may be possible upon the basis of the common ownership of the means of production, distribution and exchange, and the best obtainable system of popular administration and control of each industry or service.

Sounds very similar (identical, in fact) to Clause IV of the Labour Constitution of 1918 :smile:

Also, very soshulist.
  • Options

If the Daily Mail and the rest of the right wing press in the U.K. can print dodgy fake headlines about Corby why can't I do the same about Brexit Tory politicians?
    Is it multiple choice?
  • Options
    You can tell when Corbyn delivers another of his one size fits all, generic, not really saying much speeches as the most vociferous activists clamour to claim any criticism of his utterances is nothing but virulence from 'attack dogs'.

How did I do?
  • Options

You can tell when Corbyn delivers another of his one size fits all, generic, not really saying much speeches as the most vociferous activists clamour to claim any criticism of his utterances is nothing but virulence from 'attack dogs'.

How did I do?

I'm not really clear who you would hold up as an example of great political oratory at present? Boris? Moggy?
  • Options
    Hilary Benn when he bravely suggested bombing the shit out of Syria
  • Options

How did I do?

I'm not really clear who you would hold up as an example of great political oratory at present? Boris? Moggy?
    That's because I haven't alluded to anyone falling in to that category. Strange that you took that from my post.

Curious.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Bombing the shit out of Isis, which if you’ve noticed, has worked.

Hilary benn is a quality orator and politician. The guy had major cajones to speak the way he did, his father would be incredibly proud of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018

When we race to the bottom, every one loses.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Nah. I'm more of a Geert Wilders man, obviously, you absolute weirdo.
  • Options

When we race to the bottom, every one loses.
    Except in the case of one of those weird Miss Bum Bum competitions in South America, naturally....
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I would agree with that choice - a chip off the old block when it comes to oratory (although not a patch on his old man).
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You can tell when Corbyn's done a good speech, because the attack dogs on here suddenly get much more virulent

Tony Blair was brilliant at making good speeches.

Just sayin'

And, for all that some will believe that what he has said about a possible Brexit outcome today, the EU27 will still only agree to a political statement on a future trading relationship if that recognises the constitutional, legal foundations on which the EU is constructed.

Just as with the Government approach, it is difficult to see how the Labour policy on immigration (as I understand from Diane Abbott's comments this week) would be compatible with the sort of relationship that they say that they want.

I don't want Brexit, naturally, but I also don't want the country governed by political parties that seem utterly incapable of understanding the most basic criteria of the EU when seeking to negotiate the most important Agreement/Treaty in our lifetimes. Anyone would think that the UK had never been a member of the organisation.

A bespoke trade deal (because every trade deal is tailored to the needs of the parties) is available, but the EU will not tear itself apart to achieve one.
  • Options

Leuth said:

You can tell when Corbyn's done a good speech, because the attack dogs on here suddenly get much more virulent

Tony Blair was brilliant at making good speeches.

Just sayin'

And, for all that some will believe that what he has said about a possible Brexit outcome today, the EU27 will still only agree to a political statement on a future trading relationship if that recognises the constitutional, legal foundations on which the EU is constructed.

Just as with the Government approach, it is difficult to see how the Labour policy on immigration (as I understand from Diane Abbott's comments this week) would be compatible with the sort of relationship that they say that they want.

I don't want Brexit, naturally, but I also don't want the country governed by political parties that seem utterly incapable of understanding the most basic criteria of the EU when seeking to negotiate the most important Agreement/Treaty in our lifetimes. Anyone would think that the UK had never been a member of the organisation.

A bespoke trade deal (because every trade deal is tailored to the needs of the parties) is available, but the EU will not tear itself apart to achieve one.
    Ignore foreign policy, what was exactly bad about blair’s Reign?
  • Options

How did I do?

That's because I haven't alluded to anyone falling in to that category. Strange that you took that from my post.

Curious.
    Not really that curious but obviously I'll have to make it simple for you. You seem to be critical of Corbyn as far as I can see so I was just asking who you think is a good political orator? I'm assuming the question is clear?
  • Options

How did I do?

Curious.
    Not really that curious but obviously I'll have to make it simple for you. You seem to be critical of Corbyn as far as I can see so I was just asking who you think is a good political orator? I'm assuming the question is clear?
    I'll attempt to make it simple for you. Criticising Corbyns speech does not then automatically mean I have a preference or predilection for another political orator.

Again, it's a bit strange that you think the two are mutually exclusive.
  • Options

You mean like the promises that Tory politicians like Johnson, Gove, Rees-Mogg and Grayling made and even had painted onto the side of a bus ?

• Options

You mean like the promises that Tory politicians like Johnson, Gove, Rees-Mogg and Grayling made and even had painted onto the side of a bus ?

Absolutely.

Unfortunately, it seems you're mistaking me for someone who agreed with them.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!