Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    I did the Stormont one in Belfast the Saturday before last and it was great. 
  • Options
    Can't wait for Saturday.  Parkrun and getting a coffee after is one of the most simple pleasures in life.
  • Options
    Daughter did it on Sunday. I'm interested, but on holiday next weekend, might need a tune up run first. Probably not the safest idea but as @RodneyCharltonTrotta said it's a joy to do
  • Options
    Anyone running in the standard chartered city race tonight?  

Rain might just lower the temperature enough to make a real go of this as it doesn’t start till 7pm.  Expecting 22:50ish, hoping for 22:30 but due to the euros (too much boozing) the build up to this been a bit staggered for me.
  • Options
    147 people at Dartford’s Central Park ParkRun this morning.

Only done one run since April off my own back so was great to be running with a crowd again.

Stumbled around in 25.21 which is way off what I can do but good to get back out there.
  • Options
    Great to be back! 100s at Worthing this morning. Not done any speed work for over a year so happy to get round in 22:10. Hope you all had a good one!
  • Options
    WSS said:
    147 people at Dartford’s Central Park ParkRun this morning.

Only done one run since April off my own back so was great to be running with a crowd again.

Stumbled around in 25.21 which is way off what I can do but good to get back out there.
    Was anything done differently @WSS or was it the normal Parkrun set up?
  • Options
    A little shift to the starting line so people aren’t bunched up but that was it.
  • Options
    Just back from Dartford. First one in 2 and a half years nearly. Dying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really enjoyed it today.  Great to be back in some semblance of normality.
  • Options
    Numbers look around 60% compared to ‘normal’
  • Options
    158 at mine. More than usual
  • Options
    Hope to start this soon. Haven’t been running for years so it’ll be walk, stagger, walk, walk, wonder wtf I’m doing, lean against fence, walk, stagger, heave, stagger the last bit. That’s the first 100m then style out the rest. 
    🏃‍♂️ 
  • Options
    Great to be back, new course in Ross on Wye ❤️
  • Options
    Can imagine a large part may have been because of the prospect of thunderstorms.

Had a camera crew at Dartford as well.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    A little shift to the starting line so people aren’t bunched up but that was it.
    What you choose to wear is your own business
  • Options
    Great to be back, new course in Ross on Wye ❤️
    Bad luck, Jonathan, but great effort.  Just a bit more training and maybe you'll manage the full 5km next time. 

;) 
  • Options
    I didn’t do it today as I was riding a new bike instead but I did ride over the start line of the Wimbledon common one and the chalk was still very obvious an hour after the last stragglers had finished, it’s usually pretty much gone by the time we start our second lap so I assume numbers were low there this morning (or they have bought some less environmentally friendly chalk). I’d already ridden past the Richmond Park one whilst the runners were having their briefing and although I’ve not done that one yet I’d say it looked like very low turnout from what I imagine would be the normal case. 
    But we had downpours here between 4-6am which might’ve put a few off, granted….
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Can imagine a large part may have been because of the prospect of thunderstorms.

Had a camera crew at Dartford as well.
    If you see a big fat bloke in a grey Charlton shirt on the Tele that's me dad.

If you see a big fat bloke in the blue Charlton shirt that's me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I may have given you a “come on Charlton” after I finished…
  • Options
    WSS said:
    I may have given you a “come on Charlton” after I finished…
    Was you the bloke who shouted from Darenth Road then?
  • Options
    Yep. :-)
  • Options
    Haha. Nice one.
  • Options
    Anyone else doing the ASICS London 10k today? 

Completely forgot I'd even signed up for it until about a week ago. Haven't run more than a KM since May so just going to try and enjoy the first real mass participation event in Central!
  • Options
    On holiday but looking forward to doing this next weekend. Might get a run in during the week, bit donned the running shoes for a few months!
  • Options
    Good work @Hex you’ll have a couple of mins off that within a month if you stick with it. Under 30 is a very realistic goal 
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2021
    189 down at Dartford Central Park today so 40 or so more than last week.

35 secs off my time from last week to do 24.49 - still some going to get to PB levels.

Really look forward to them, so glad it’s back.
  • Options
    Good work @Hex you’ll have a couple of mins off that within a month if you stick with it. Under 30 is a very realistic goal 
    My time was 1.5 mins faster than I have run before.  Got to catch Mrs Hex first !