Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Bowyer, Taylor, Phillips...money chasers who hardly set the league above up on fire. 
    Money chasers? You mean like your namesake? 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Bowyer, Taylor, Phillips...money chasers who hardly set the league above up on fire. 
    Money chasers? You mean like your namesake? 
    Mendonca in Asda spotted in Waitrose?!
  • Options
    Bowyer needs a years rest from football.

If/when he returns, he will be a good manager 
  • Options
    I suspect that if he does go, there will be another job for him sooner or later if he wants it. He's young (in coaching terms) he's English and he's enough of a "name" that someone will take a punt.

League One/Championship also-ran is probably his ceiling as a manager but that's still fairly respectable and I doubt he's scrabbling to pay bills each month so he can afford to be out of work for a while. 
  • Options

Its like his time at the end with us where he lets snippets come out as a PR exercise for his reputation to be saved.

To be fair though if he has been promised funds/control and that has not happened you can see he would feel let down but speaking out won’t put him in a good light with other owners for another job. 

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    I suspect that if he does go, there will be another job for him sooner or later if he wants it. He's young (in coaching terms) he's English and he's enough of a "name" that someone will take a punt.

League One/Championship also-ran is probably his ceiling as a manager but that's still fairly respectable and I doubt he's scrabbling to pay bills each month so he can afford to be out of work for a while. 
    Phil Brown is still getting managerial roles, so i'm sure Bowyer won't have any trouble.

He's managed 2 clubs who are an absolute mess and has a promotion to his name.
  • Options
    He knew it was a basket case when he went there, thus onus would be put on them not him in case of failure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Being a manager when you have all the daily politics to put up with when you either have dodgy owners, eccentric owners or giant ego owners or in Chelsea case; the London fixer for Putin. Chelsea fans didn't give a flying fuck that it was dirty money as they celebrated 19 trophies.

Lee has had most of the above in his few years as Manager. Bowyer had the good luck or good scouting to have Bielik, Callan, Taylor, Aribo and the new Grant to give his team a big lift but also had shit house Southall to deal with at the end and Lee and Steve Gallen went along with the charade on that infamous last day of the transfer window.

Lee Bowyer has self inflicted baggage from his playing career but if he had more luck with injuries then that first 45 minutes against Nottingham Forest at the valley which is still one of the best passing and link up play I and many others had seen from a Charlton team in the Championship, we may have been seen more often with good finishing to go with the silky passing.

Would be interesting if Lee Bowyer got a job at a well run club to see how he would do ?

I think he may be fishing for a new job ?
  • Options

Its like his time at the end with us where he lets snippets come out as a PR exercise for his reputation to be saved.

To be fair though if he has been promised funds/control and that has not happened you can see he would feel let down but speaking out won’t put him in a good light with other owners for another job. 

Any owners scared off by someone that speaks out the truth, is not worth working for.
  • Options
    Bowyer is considering bringing Jobe Bellingham, 16 year old brother of Jude into the Brum squad this weekend
  • Options
    He's coming home, he's coming home........ 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Going back to Sevenoaks? 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Look at him trying to get the sack and pay off.
    Yes, he doesn't exactly sound like someone fighting to keep his job  :D
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No way I want him back as manager 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could he be the next Aneke for us... Tommy paying severance to Brum!
  • Options
    I think he's a bit too negative (attitude wise) for Tommy.
  • Options
    I'd have him back in a heartbeat. As a player he was everything I love to see, squeezed every last drop out of his ability by wanting it more than his peers. Talk or listen to anyone who played against or with him. 

Anyway, it went to shit but I still blame the players which are essentially the same group. His mantra is fairly simple, leave it all out there, earn the right to play, out-want your opponents. With decent backing he will propel anyone upwards and he has never had any backing in his managerial career. 

The element of his character people have pulled up is how emotional he reacts when things don't go well, I had no problem with him pulling up players for bottling tackles but in fairness he probably shouldn't have done it but the tension he was under with having gotten rid of Dushitalet he had a seemingly decent chairman who had been hamstrung by a wage cap that proved to be a load of bollocks and was lifted albeit too late. 

Anyway, whoever comes in is going to be stuck with whoever someone other than a manager that we don't have, signs. So no chance of any manager choosing players to sign or resign, so probably the wrong place for Lee Bowyer to come back to. If he has anything like a long career he will definitely become a manager who has a certain type of player 

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I don’t think Lee could work with TS as well as jumping up a division and increasing his salary, ie Ronnie S coming in from absolutely no where, he wants to have more of an input of who comes into the club.

If he did come back ( I don’t think he will) we’d have to employ at least another 4 physios given the amount of players he broke whilst he was here last time around.

Lee thrives on confrontation under difficult circumstances, that’s why I’m convinced if he does drop down a level he’s off to Derby.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Genuinely feel he’d get us promoted if he were to ever come back. However, that’s just my opinion. 
    Not so sure mate... The whole Recruitment structure has changed since he was here - Think it'll end up being a challenge for any Manager who is used to having the main say on who comes in.