Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer

Comments

• DA9 said:
    Filled my car up over the road from St.Andrew’s yesterday and then saw Josh McGuinness at the services with the Wigan squad on the way home from Birmingham, it’s a sign I tell ya 
    Do you mean Magennis? 
  • Birmingham are a mess off the pitch too, as they have 2 stands which are "going down". It's rumoured that the lower tiers of the Kop and Tilton, which have been closed all season, will have to be rebuilt, due to structural failings
    They're the two new stands as well, albeit probably 20 + years old now.
    Did they just slap some seats over the old terracing?
  • Birmingham are a mess off the pitch too, as they have 2 stands which are "going down". It's rumoured that the lower tiers of the Kop and Tilton, which have been closed all season, will have to be rebuilt, due to structural failings
    I thought they were going to move to the Commonwealth Games Stadium. 
    They built new structures over the rubble of the old terrace.
  • Richard J said:
    Birmingham are a mess off the pitch too, as they have 2 stands which are "going down". It's rumoured that the lower tiers of the Kop and Tilton, which have been closed all season, will have to be rebuilt, due to structural failings
    Shame always liked going to St Andrews, a bit on the rough side but better then an athletics stadium.
  • Leuth said:
    Oh Christ, I knew he wouldn't last at Brum but did he have to time it for when we might be looking for a new manager? 
    Dread it, Run from it, Destiny still arrives

You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    DA9 said:
    Filled my car up over the road from St.Andrew’s yesterday and then saw Josh McGuinness at the services with the Wigan squad on the way home from Birmingham, it’s a sign I tell ya 
    Do you mean Magennis? 
    Yes
  • Richard J said:
    Birmingham are a mess off the pitch too, as they have 2 stands which are "going down". It's rumoured that the lower tiers of the Kop and Tilton, which have been closed all season, will have to be rebuilt, due to structural failings
    There are no plans to do that
  • Bowyer, Taylor, Phillips...money chasers who hardly set the league above up on fire. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:u
    mendonca said:
    Bowyer, Taylor, Phillips...money chasers who hardly set the league above up on fire. 
    Because no one else in any other walk of life takes another job because it pays more.  I assume we are all still doing our student weekend jobs? 
    Oi! 

Paper rounds.
    Like the lower North at the Valley?
    AKA The Covered End.... B)
  • Out of the fat and into the frying pan, surely everyone in football knew Birmingham were a basket case at the time, surely it’s down to due diligence on the managers part?
  • “Maybe I'm gullible, but the reason I say when I leave this club, whenever I leave this club, is that I know I have done everything I said I would do.

“I can honestly say I have done that.”

I don't think anyone would accuse Bowyer of being "gullible". He's as streetwise as anyone. Which is why nothing that ever happens untoward at any club he's managed has ever been his fault including the fact that Birmingham have won less games than any team in the division bar two. The likes of Derby, Hull, Blackpool, Reading, Bristol City etc etc have all done better in that respect and they haven't got a bean to rub together between them either.

• Sponsored links:

• If Birmingham are genuinely brassic, then he’s trying to jump ship, rather than having another relegation on his hands next season.
  • Do hope Taylor has trouble getting paid for the last couple of games!
    I should imagine Forest are paying the most part of his wages 
  • I didn't realise that Birmingham are only outside the relegation places is because both reading and derby have had points deducted. 

Second full season as a championship manager and he has got lucky 
  • He'll be back in League One next season if he goes
  • He'll be back in League One next season if he goes
    hope he brings Lyle back with him !!!