Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

120 more posts needed
  • Options
    This happens on Football Manager in the first few seasons. Rumours of a takeover, heightens around the transfer window resulting in a transfer embargo. Transfer window ends, takeover collapses. The takeover merry-go-round.
  • Options
    MarkyE83 said:

This happens on Football Manager in the first few seasons. Rumours of a takeover, heightens around the transfer window resulting in a transfer embargo. Transfer window ends, takeover collapses. The takeover merry-go-round.

Bloody hell, @Scoham is really Tommy Driesen
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

The most optimistic spin I can put on this is that there is a temporary shortage of funds, (i.e. new investors have funds, but theyre not instantly accessible, as is often the case with wealthy people).

Perhaps the funds are there to buy the club without the land etc, but new funding will arrive say in two months time. So in order to complete the sale, a temporary fix is being put in place, meaning they could at least get on with the day to day business that needs to be done before the season starts. And yes, I'm clutching at straws here.

But after the talk of funding a long term bid to get us back the the premier league this is all very worrying. Am hoping for a message asap.

This is the one thing that I have been thinking all the way through is this to just get the sale done have the ownership of where the club can be pointed and how it can get there whilst paying rent effectively while the foundations are built

That would be my last business model not my first second or third

However we must all be realistic every club in the country is always for sale all the time with the exception of man city I would say

Cafc is a viable and saleable commodity that will increase with value based on success

For that reason I hope Newcastle get sold and Ashley becomes available because in. Heart beat I’d take a man like that to lead us forward maybe this is the delay in funds ? That’s based on rumour and nothing else but hope
  • Options
    WIOTOS

Remind me to never to stand next to some of you when the order to go over the top is given.

I would have been in the senior service but you know what I mean
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

120 more posts needed

Is 964 pages the cue for a series of “it’s happened” gifs?
  • Options

120 more posts needed

Is 964 pages the cue for a series of “it’s happened” gifs?
    Yes
  • Options
    edited June 2018

WIOTOS

Remind me to never to stand next to some of you when the order to go over the top is given.

Beside? I would be last in line to go up those ladders, brains are far more important and far more life enhancing than courage.
  • Options
    MarkyE83 said:

I wrote an article on that and it's as true as ever
    https://www.gamespew.com/2018/01/football-manager-2018s-realism-makes-me-despair/
  • Options
    cfgs said:

WIOTOS

Beside? I would be last in line to go up those ladders, brains are far more important and far more life enhancing than courage.
    But we know that's no true as you put yourself at risk for the greater good on a regular basis.

For which I, at least, am very grateful.
  • Options

cfgs said:

WIOTOS

But we know that's no true as you put yourself at risk for the greater good on a regular basis.

For which I, at least, am very grateful.
    :blush:
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Not doubting what NLA has been told but ask yourselves what's the main thing that would cause a sh1t storm to get at the fans anti Aussies? Yep tell em after gloriously getting the Valley back you are now going loose it from the club.again. Nah as I said the other day brinkmanship to the max. Try it on someome else you mad old scrote I ain't playing anymore :smirk: .

RedChaser said:

Not doubting what NLA has been told but ask yourselves what's the main thing that would cause a sh1t storm to get at the fans anti Aussies? Yep tell em after gloriously getting the Valley back you are now going loose it from the club.again. Nah as I said the other day brinkmanship to the max. Try it on someome else you mad old scrote I ain't playing anymore :smirk: .

I don’t see any value in RD making shit for the Aussies
    What about RM?
  • Options

WIOTOS

#TeamWIOTOS
  • Options
    This thread will last for the annals of time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've got a horrible feeling that even when we reach the magic 1000 pages , it still wont be a done deal !
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Not sure I believe anyone but JamesSeed regarding the Aussies. Not sure I believe anyone about anything else takeover related.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

The most optimistic spin I can put on this is that there is a temporary shortage of funds, (i.e. new investors have funds, but theyre not instantly accessible, as is often the case with wealthy people).

Perhaps the funds are there to buy the club without the land etc, but new funding will arrive say in two months time. So in order to complete the sale, a temporary fix is being put in place, meaning they could at least get on with the day to day business that needs to be done before the season starts. And yes, I'm clutching at straws here.

But after the talk of funding a long term bid to get us back the the premier league this is all very worrying. Am hoping for a message asap.

Then what’s the point ? We don’t want new owners who have no money and have to go cap in hand when we need a player . It’s been total shit under RD but at least we know he’s not skint . Seriously why would these people want to buy a club when it loses millions and not have the money themselves??
    This whole situation stinks.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I've heard from a source within the club the takeover could go through tomorrow or next week.

Bowyer has appeared to at least suggest he could get handed the job with a permanent tag if Roland Duchatelet still owns the club when the League One season is about to start.

“I don’t know what is going to happen,” said Bowyer. “Roland said to me that the takeover again has been put off for a little bit – it could happen tomorrow, it could happen next week.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-on-his-caretaker-tag-at-charlton-athletic-and-could-that-change-in-august/
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Being reported on BBC breakfast London news this morning
  • Options

What did they say?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

What did they say?
    Basically just a rehash of the statement released the other day with some archive film of The Valley. Nothing we dont already know,i was just surprised it made the news.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!