Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:

JamesSeed said:

I am surprised so many rely on the so called insider knowledge of the takeover from some posters, even though every prediction up til know has either been way off on timing, entirely wrong, common knowledge already in the press or tidbits so nebulous that, whether right or wrong, they cannot be evaluated after the fact.

It's like the clock being right twice a day. Just because the claim of two o'clock is eventually correct does not mean the prediction was correct. And just because the clock struck two, does not mean the person who made the prediction deserves credit, especially when it comes literally months after the predictions were made.

The fact is, the predictions have all been wrong. And here we are almost half a year later and no one still has much of an idea wtf is going to happen or when.

Whose predictions? I've been careful not to predict anything. Just passed on what I was told, and normally added a caveat.
    Plenty of people are guessing, but where's the harm in that?
    Correct. You have not predicted anything, but you have passed on what one member of the consortium has asked you to. If it has been true or false does not matter as at least we had an insight as to one parties view.
    To be strictly accurate our first conversation
    was pretty random, and I certainly didn’t get the impression that they were trying to get a message out there or anything. In fact he was a bit pissed off how the news spread, even though I asked him if it was ok to share it.
    Since then it’s been very, very limited, and just a response to me asking if they were pulling out or something. NDAs etc.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

JamesSeed said:

I am surprised so many rely on the so called insider knowledge of the takeover from some posters, even though every prediction up til know has either been way off on timing, entirely wrong, common knowledge already in the press or tidbits so nebulous that, whether right or wrong, they cannot be evaluated after the fact.

It's like the clock being right twice a day. Just because the claim of two o'clock is eventually correct does not mean the prediction was correct. And just because the clock struck two, does not mean the person who made the prediction deserves credit, especially when it comes literally months after the predictions were made.

The fact is, the predictions have all been wrong. And here we are almost half a year later and no one still has much of an idea wtf is going to happen or when.

Whose predictions? I've been careful not to predict anything. Just passed on what I was told, and normally added a caveat.
    Plenty of people are guessing, but where's the harm in that?
    Correct. You have not predicted anything, but you have passed on what one member of the consortium has asked you to. If it has been true or false does not matter as at least we had an insight as to one parties view.
    To be strictly accurate our first conversation
    was pretty random, and I certainly didn’t get the impression that they were trying to get a message out there or anything. In fact he was a bit pissed off how the news spread, even though I asked him if it was ok to share it.
    Since then it’s been very, very limited, and just a response to me asking if they were pulling out or something. NDAs etc.
    Or as they used to say at work, “played like a fiddle”. :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Back in the cafc and Aussie consortium negotiation table things take a big backward step

After establishing that NLA was right and they haven’t got the money that RD wants currently

The discussions continue on how hard they are trying to rectify the situation

But currently they would be open to buying the club

Minus

Wait for it it’s a corker

The ground and the training ground

So as I keep saying

The aussies have no money

And we are back at cafc del Amitri day

Because this shit storm was definitely spoke about months ago

What an absolute shit fucking scenario we will face now should the inevitable happen and the Aussies fucked up attempt to find an investor or investors

We won’t be rid of RD

Fucking shambles running the club

Fucking shambles buying the club

The Aussies have no money. Hmm.

Edit. Tbh I have no idea about whether they have or not.
  • Options

Back in the cafc and Aussie consortium negotiation table things take a big backward step

After establishing that NLA was right and they haven’t got the money that RD wants currently

Minus

So as I keep saying

What an absolute shit fucking scenario we will face now should the inevitable happen and the Aussies fucked up attempt to find an investor or investors

We won’t be rid of RD

So what the hell would they be buying then? The few players we have left? That would cost about 5 mil. What would they be buying without the ground / training ground? Can't see it myself.
  • Options
    Buying the so called playing side with no debt , also no ground or training ground it’s that simple , fucking circus of a club .
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Minus

So as I keep saying

We won’t be rid of RD

The Aussies have no money. Hmm.
    Watch this space if the deal is to be done and if it gets done at all the Aussies need to find the investors fast

If not the deal they are now discussing is without the ground and training ground

This is a cast iron fact there ain’t no bullshit here James
  • Options

Minus

So as I keep saying

We won’t be rid of RD

Roly been on the blower again giving you the inside info?
  • Options
    Not far from the truth it’s definitely come from the sellers side

But hey you don’t have to believe my 100% track record
  • Options
    Not being a billionaire I don't know quite how it works, but couldn't Muir just say, 'Don't worry lads. I've got this', and put his hand in his pocket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is it only the Aussies who have signed an NDA?
  • Options

But, RD apart, just who is on the seller's side, nla ?

• Options
    Where the fook is @Redhenry?
  • Options
    @nth london addick if that’s true that they buying the club but not the valley or the training ground, we are doomed.
  • Options
    Quick, ring the Prince, email him, text him, fookin pigeon mail him, we need him and his dough!
  • Options
    Without the ground and training ground, isn't the club basically worthless? You still cover the losses, seems a bad deal all round.
  • Options
    Copied on not606 already I see.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

But, RD apart, just who is on the seller's side, nla ?

I won’t reveal that Jean but I have to believe what I have been told as all the way along it’s been bang on the money

They including the Belgian coach who gets it direct from Belgium
  • Options

Don’t think any of them take that seriously or you airman and crawley wouldn’t have fuck all to say

Easy nla, no need for that tone. Neither would you old boy.
    Remember, we’re all on the same side ultimately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018

Minus

So as I keep saying

We won’t be rid of RD

Can I be the first to say oh fuck.

Also Muir must have the money, he just doesn't want to spend it or he doesn't have enough of his assets in cash.

Nb if true we may well be better off under RD, because if the Aussies can't afford to buy us they can't afford to run us and then we actually could end up in administration.
  • Options

If this reaches 1000 pages I can pretty much guarantee the last 30 odd posts on page 999 will be posters just writing ‘1,000’ on the hope they are the one to write the first post on that page.

This always annoys me when people try it. Like can't you count. There are 30 posts per page not all that difficult to work out.
  • Options

Minus

So as I keep saying

We won’t be rid of RD

Also Muir must have the money, he just doesn't want to spend it or he doesn't have enough of his assets in cash.
    The one thing I have learned in my 40 odd years on the planet is that those with hardly anything will give you everything

Those with everything will give you hardly anything

We are losing 13 mil a season in this league will cost a fair few to get us out

The loses in the champ are approx 5-8

To get out will cost a fair few more

Maybe he only wants a % of the risk and why not he has earned his money its only right he watches it carefully
  • Options

Minus

So as I keep saying

We won’t be rid of RD

The one thing I have learned in my 40 odd years on the planet is that those with hardly anything will give you everything

Those with everything will give you hardly anything

We are losing 13 mil a season in this league will cost a fair few to get us out

The loses in the champ are approx 5-8

To get out will cost a fair few more

Maybe he only wants a % of the risk and why not he has earned his money its only right he watches it carefully
    Yes, it's been obvious for a long time that Muir only wants a % of the risk.
    I reckon the additional investors they went off to talk to a few weeks back didn't stump up.
    Baring in mind there has always be a question mark over whether they had the funding, I don't understand why the Scots, Saudis et al were allowed to walk away.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    1 million spend is a significant amount to spend and shouldn’t be sniffed at but

We also know that atleast two others also done DD

Let’s just say I am certain none of us know all the answers and that there has been a lot of false dawns and info

But if the Aussies don’t find the investors before a given date the next move they make is a buy the name and players and rent the ground and training ground until such a time they have the cash or they sell up to some other punter and he buys it back

Alternatively a second club could be sold we have RD till then and then we get a proper take over
  • Options
    I really shouldn't have read this before I went to bed. I'm going to have nightmares now!
  • Options
    FFS,when is this misery going to end??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!