Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    How in fucking gods name did they think they was ever going to be able to buy a new player or even pay for a 2 year contract if they can't raise the funds for the basics of buying a club.

Let's haggle for a club and stick with the same players or less that they couldn't get out of this league with for the past 2 years?

This is gonna go tits up royally.
  • Options
    The way I see it is the Aussies know that there paying over the odds for the club if this gives them extra funds to push us up the league and into the championship then is it a bad thing and say in 2-3 years when extra funds are in the club then buy it off him
  • Options
    It seems we get good news followed by bad news each week.
    We hear takeover is very close THEN Roland comes to town
    We hear Aussies are still in it THEN NLA shares the above.

This has been the whole story regarding the takeover and it's hard to keep track of all the different sources and stories as they consistently contradict each other (not saying any are wrong, I'm sure they have been told in good faith) it's just hard to keep up.

I have moved into Team WIOTOS's camp though because of all the mis-information out there. (However the state of this week's statement on the official site has also made me wonder about that too)

#TeamWIOTOS
  • Options
    Where's @Airman Brown when you want his input.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

JamesSeed said:

I am surprised so many rely on the so called insider knowledge of the takeover from some posters, even though every prediction up til know has either been way off on timing, entirely wrong, common knowledge already in the press or tidbits so nebulous that, whether right or wrong, they cannot be evaluated after the fact.

It's like the clock being right twice a day. Just because the claim of two o'clock is eventually correct does not mean the prediction was correct. And just because the clock struck two, does not mean the person who made the prediction deserves credit, especially when it comes literally months after the predictions were made.

The fact is, the predictions have all been wrong. And here we are almost half a year later and no one still has much of an idea wtf is going to happen or when.

Whose predictions? I've been careful not to predict anything. Just passed on what I was told, and normally added a caveat.
    Plenty of people are guessing, but where's the harm in that?
    Correct. You have not predicted anything, but you have passed on what one member of the consortium has asked you to. If it has been true or false does not matter as at least we had an insight as to one parties view.
    To be strictly accurate our first conversation
    was pretty random, and I certainly didn’t get the impression that they were trying to get a message out there or anything. In fact he was a bit pissed off how the news spread, even though I asked him if it was ok to share it.
    Since then it’s been very, very limited, and just a response to me asking if they were pulling out or something. NDAs etc.
    To be fair, you did set up a blog after going for a beer with him. All appreciated though.
    No the blog's been going for ages @The Red Robin .
  • Options
    If all this talk of the Aussies buying the club but Roland keeping hold of the valley and sparrows lane are true I would rather nothing happens.
    If the Aussies and Roland can't come to an agreement that means that the Aussies buy the lot I would hope they just walk away.
    That would leave Roland losing potentially 10 million over the next year and force him to lower his asking price to a more realistic price.
    In the meantime it appears we may be stuck with him for next season.
  • Options

Beats me why Roland doesn’t just join the consortium if they are an investor short...

Only one Lol so far but I have high hopes of sending the thread hurtling towards 1,000 pages and into meltdown...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely all this came up ages ago - when this thread started - about retention of the ground. It's possible that the Aussies won't or can't raise enough to pay RD what he demands. Pay him a lump sum as a down payment and structure the deal that the Valley and training ground are rented until certain conditions (promotion to prem, whatever?) are met - this must be part of the T's and C's that the right to the other assets are included. That way the deal can progress. As ever, the devil will be in the fine detail of the deal. Can't jump to conclusions. There is another complexity - as @Airman Brown has pointed out on many occasions - that the 7 debenture holder's have a say on the assets and ALL must agree to any arrangement. All this, and other things, are probably causing the delays.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Calm down everybody, my understanding is that a lease of the ground can't be granted without the former directors' approval / consent as that is the main part of their security under their debentures.

Agree and I thought that they recently didn't give permission for this to happen...
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

It seems we get good news followed by bad news each week.
    We hear takeover is very close THEN Roland comes to town
    We hear Aussies are still in it THEN NLA shares the above.

This has been the whole story regarding the takeover and it's hard to keep track of all the different sources and stories as they consistently contradict each other (not saying any are wrong, I'm sure they have been told in good faith) it's just hard to keep up.

I have moved into Team WIOTOS's camp though because of all the mis-information out there. (However the state of this week's statement on the official site has also made me wonder about that too)

#TeamWIOTOS

This is absolutely spot on. A clear pattern is emerging of spin and manipulation. It can't go on.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    If RD wants to get us out of his hair totally, he has to sell the club AND The Valley AND Sparrows Lane. If not, I have a feeling the protests against him will continue if progress on the pitch fails to materialise / the buyers run out of cash and we go even further backwards.
  • Options
    IF it is true then it is only acceptable if it is a deal with an agreement to purchase the outstanding assets at a set time, although having said that what happens say in two years if they still lack the funds to do so?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Calm down everybody, my understanding is that a lease of the ground can't be granted without the former directors' approval / consent as that is the main part of their security under their debentures.

Unless they are no longer in that position and have been paid up

Maybe the sale of konsa has assisted in this eh ??
  • Options
    cfgs said:

IF it is true then it is only acceptable if it is a deal with an agreement to purchase the outstanding assets at a set time, although having said that what happens say in two years if they still lack the funds to do so?

Brilliant question
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Not doubting what NLA has been told but ask yourselves what's the main thing that would cause a sh1t storm to get the fans anti Aussies to chivvy them along? Yep tell em after gloriously getting the Valley back you are now going lose it from the club.again. Nah as I said the other day brinkmanship to the max. Try it on someome else you mad old scrote I ain't playing anymore :smirk: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chill yer beans.

Richard Murray said all interested parties would be buying the club lock,stock and barrel.

;-)

Your feelings on him are the same as mine

I think that adds more credibility to what I heard than doubt it
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    RedChaser said:

Not doubting what NLA has been told but ask yourselves what's the main thing that would cause a sh1t storm to get at the fans anti Aussies? Yep tell em after gloriously getting the Valley back you are now going loose it from the club.again. Nah as I said the other day brinkmanship to the max. Try it on someome else you mad old scrote I ain't playing anymore :smirk: .

RedChaser said:

Not doubting what NLA has been told but ask yourselves what's the main thing that would cause a sh1t storm to get at the fans anti Aussies? Yep tell em after gloriously getting the Valley back you are now going loose it from the club.again. Nah as I said the other day brinkmanship to the max. Try it on someome else you mad old scrote I ain't playing anymore :smirk: .

I don’t see any value in RD making shit for the Aussies
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I really hope this is true and that former directors save us from what would be a seriously terrible plan. Severing the ownership of the Valley from the Club would be a travesty, if this is even in their thoughts then the Aussies have no place at our club.
  • Options
    Good news, bad news! Everyday something changes. Getting ridiculous now. This takeover saga is just punishing!
  • Options

RedChaser said:

In that case Konsa’s sale wouldn’t cover a month or two’s losses and RD will also have to spend money on that.
  • Options
    Its got to the point where i will just wait for any official statement, bad or good, too much of the "he says, she says" cobblers.

I do appreciate the attempts to provide information to us but the information is at different ends of the spectrum and in the end, its frustrating to read. Not to mention the fact the roller coaster of emotions that tag along with it!!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

RedChaser said:

In that case Konsa’s sale wouldn’t cover a month or two’s losses and RD will also have to spend money on that.
    Not if he dont own us he won’t
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Can’t believe we wouldn’t have heard from at least one if this was the case.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    se9addick said:

RedChaser said:

I really hope this is true and that former directors save us from what would be a seriously terrible plan. Severing the ownership of the Valley from the Club would be a travesty, if this is even in their thoughts then the Aussies have no place at our club.
    I think it’s a lot to ask of people to write off money ( however we do know they are fans)

So what if that caused the collapse of the deal and the word that the deal fell through due to no sale from directors or that they acted in a way that jeopardised the deal was released

Remember RD wants out of the club and the day to day running of it

And the majority of fans want rid

If unfavorable statements came out blaming the directors and RD just pulled the funding out and we spiralled into league two would the feelings of hope that those people acted in the way you mention soon turn in to angst disappointment and anger

This is very much more than just a bit of negotiation tactics and brinkmanship imo it’s a critical time in our future

The takeover is in the balance totally and it’s dependent on the decision made by those guys and what sort of offer they are made and their feelings on recovering the money they are deserved and owed
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!