Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Not sure I believe anyone but JamesSeed regarding the Aussies. Not sure I believe anyone else about anything.

It's not about believing or not believing anyone.

All sources are biased, all give their take on things, some people swallow what they are told uncritically hook, line and "nothing is happening".

Some news is mangled in the telling (Bexley Boy) and some is on a time lag. Most people just pass on what they are told and then it is up to each of us to weigh that in the light of other views.

Others over-react to each new bit of news so they are either as high as a kite or in a pit of depression.

That's why I'm just waiting for 1000 pages and joining #teamWIOTOS
  • Options
    This is all very exciting huh?
  • Options
    I just don't get this new piece of news, not that I'm doubting NLA, but I've been thinking about the potential proposition - RD sells the CAFC name, players, the few staff left. Aussies pay for what? Then unless there are very strict T&C's, RD could simply kick them out of Sparrows La and The Valley. If, and I don't doubt he is, Muir is such an astute businessman, there is no way on earth he would even think about buying a name, some average players and a few members of staff, for the amount of money being bandied about!! Something doesn't add up, so are we getting 'false' information from the RD side? If so for what reason? Trying to discredit the buyers before they signed the paperwork? I know RD is somewhat mad, but surely he wouldn't do that and jeopardize the sale!! So what can be the reason for giving out negative propaganda? Maybe RD is hoping that by spreading false info he will 'chivvy' along the sale, but if that is his reason he is playing a dangerous game, what happens if the Aussies say they had enough and walk away? Donald Muir's lot have gone, Saudi's gone, British group mentioned by RM, I think is a figment of RM's imagination, unless it is him personally, and that would be bad if he got hold of the club again, in my opinion, as he is part of the damage currently being done.
    I wish I had the answers, but I do think the end game is upon us, I just dont know what way its going to go. I reckon it'll be over within the next few days...good or bad.
  • Options

Been told Aussies buying the lot.

Are you ITK? I can't remember who is or isn't anymore.
    I’m beginning to think even the Aussies and RD aren’t ITK.
    That’s what I’ve been saying all the way along. The Aussies ‘thought’ the sales would happen by the end of May. But things happen.
    They’ve never been wrong because they’ve always said should or may or we hope.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I get a message or call saying we’re still working on it.

But totally understandable that tempers are fraying and fans are getting impatient.
    Horrible situation.
  • Options

120 more posts needed

Forget 1,000 @Henry Irving I think we all know we’re heading for 2,000.

Dream big.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

The most optimistic spin I can put on this is that there is a temporary shortage of funds, (i.e. new investors have funds, but theyre not instantly accessible, as is often the case with wealthy people).

Perhaps the funds are there to buy the club without the land etc, but new funding will arrive say in two months time. So in order to complete the sale, a temporary fix is being put in place, meaning they could at least get on with the day to day business that needs to be done before the season starts. And yes, I'm clutching at straws here.

But after the talk of funding a long term bid to get us back the the premier league this is all very worrying. Am hoping for a message asap.

I had thought this back when the Aussie were first mentioned and the ground and training ground being separated was first mooted. It would make sense but you'd have to put in a clause that Roland couldn't do anything with it during this time period (sell the actual seats, build a hotel in the middle of the centre circle etc).

Unfortunately it is still just rumour until it is on the official site

#TeamWIOTOS
  • Options

NLA gets his news indirectly from RD. RD wants out. In the meantime if things are dragging and with clear evidence of fake stories having been put out by RD previously, it would not surprise me if RD is spreading junk like this to wind up fans he is annoyed with. Ignore for me.

(Sorry, to be clear, not a dig at NLA who is just passing on news. I just don’t trust the source).

What fake stories?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Incorrect that RD is keeping the ground and training ground?
  • Options
    If - everyone ITK was to be believed, we would all be grey now, opps, I am already grey, but no matter, there's been more stories told here than ever I'd seen or heard on Jackanory.

No offence to anyone, but there are only a few people who would make me sit up and listen, that's Airman, Jimmy, and Crawley, without mentioning names, there are some on this thread who I feel are intent on giving knowingly false news, only they know why, but I will stick by those I do trust who have our club at heart.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Incorrect that RD is keeping the ground and training ground?

All incorrect must mean that, yes
  • Options

Scoham said:

Being reported on BBC breakfast London news this morning

What did they say?
    they just repeated everything Doucher has said on here
    So no specifics then?
  • Options
    You get the impression that this Aussie consortium do not have pot to piss when it comes to paying for the purchase and running costs of a football club, or like Roland they want to run it on shoe string as not willing to splash the cash to run a competative football club. If so we would no better off under them than Roland. If they do purchase the club which I strongly doubt, the protest groups willl have a problem, it is 10,000 miles to Australia.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

This thread is so powerful it’s even killed the annual ‘when’s the new Kit being released’ thread.
    That is serious power.

I don't like the new kit.
  • Options
    I have thought for along time the NEWS suggested by NLA would be one way that RD could get near his daft valuation of the club. All numbers aprox;

*Sells the playing side for £20 mill
    * Leaseses The Valley and Sparrows Lane for £1 mill a year for 5 years .
    * Sells to the original buyers of the playing side for £7-10 mill

Total £32 --£42 mill

Im thinking that The Aussies lost two people and cant reach RDs figure. RD wants out big time and the lease of The Valley and Sparrows Lane gives The Aussies time to get other investors in place. It also means RD gets cash and gets rid of the running cost.

It would also explain why the "legals" are taking so long as they are completely different from the original scenario.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    "NLA gets his news direct from RD" that did make me smile
  • Options
    Doesn’t tally with @JamesSeed latest text @Goonerhater
  • Options
    My wife heard the BBC news item while i was in bed.
    Come running down stairs, fire up computer and find..... FALSE ALARM.

Just a rehash of the recent joint statement i understand.

Told the wife she is sleeping in the dog kennel tonight :wink:
  • Options
    I’ve heard there’s going to be another statement at 2pm
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Not 2pm this week though
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

hope its about the new kit
  • Options
    There was a guy in my office wearing a cork hat for some reason. Fingers crossed it's a sign :smile:
  • Options
    What’s the latest “goss” from Sue Parkes website/blog?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!