Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Don’t think any of them take that seriously or you airman and crawley wouldn’t have fuck all to say

Easy nla, no need for that tone. Neither would you old boy.
    Remember, we’re all on the same side ultimately.
    You wouldn't think it judging by the posts on here!!!!!

• Options
    1905 said:

I now cant work out whether I am coming here for takeover news or a WW1 history lesson? The later is proving more useful than the former, but hey ho!

And who says blokes cant multi-task?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

The statement was not meant for the fans. We're just collateral damage. It was drawn up by the lawyers simply to reassure the football industry at large that CAFC is open for business as "normal", and this takeover malarkey is just some little local difficulty, soon to be resolved. Meanwhile the whole weary process continues at glacier speed, to the profound detriment of the club, the rage and frustration of the fans, and the customary enrichment of the briefs. IMHO.

It was initially drawn up by a couple of the Aussie consortium, but I expect it was checked and/or modified by the Roland side, but then agreed by all parties (and their lawyers) before release.
    Only a joint document would have been acceptable to all protagonists. Any fan-friendliness in the original draft has been thoroughly lawyered out in this frigid communication from the parallel universe wherein CAFC is presently marooned, slowly drifting ever more distant from us.
    I think that’ll change. They’re pretty laid back for one thing.
    We’ll see how fan friendly they are when they select me a random fan for the board.
    Laid back, are they, Jim?

Well, waking up to find this latest alleged scenario - a true Weston - I have a message for Mr Muir and his mates. It's this. Walk away. Now.

Mr M, I like the cut of your jib. It's plain that, putting business to one side, you've found something in CAFC/CACT that appeals. I think the Addicks would suit you very well, and you us. But let's face facts. We're all being played, held to ransom by our feelings for this grand old club. The Owner will never understand that while there's a hole in his arse, except to use our loyalty as leverage for his own foul purposes.

Oh, you can summon up advisers, brokers, middlemen and bankers to fight your corner, but what you need is a real Negotiator. Someone who doesn't give a hoot, except to get a result. That's where you and we go wrong, see, because we all DO care. We care an awful lot. I'll bet that none of your mob has ever had to do business before with someone like you-know-who.

Well, as of now don't feel you need to speak for me. Call it a day. I've got 64 seasons of memories to keep me going. In that time there have been several Charltons but never one like this. Let the Owner wallow in the God-awful mess he's created, the monumental losses he's piled up - and growing every single week, of course - and instead of clearing off at least with your decent offer he'll have to kiss that good money goodbye as well. How d'yer like THEM eggs, Roly boy?

So let him keep The Valley and Sparrows Lane. What are they worth without us? Buttons. I'd rather see The Valley become another Mountsfield Park than continue like this. And give the players (and staff) their freedom, instead of having their careers blighted by this tin-eared despot and his hapless commissar. To matey they're not people, they're just contracts on legs.

So, just let the Owner stew. In the meantime you'll know where to find me and I guess thousands like me - just whistle and we'll be back, ok? Only, don't leave it too long.

Blimey mate, the tears were starting to well up as I read you post. You may well be bang on the nail here. The Aussies have to either piss or get off the pot; it's all or nothing, the club, the ground and the training ground cannot be separated.
  • Options

_MrDick said:

Can I make a suggestion ... that everyone chills out, enjoys the World Cup, enjoys the sun, go on holiday and celebrate WIOTOS. There’s absolutely nothing we can do to get this pushed over the line any quicker

then how will we get to 1000 pages? that's all the excitement we have these days...
    Well I’ve still got my weekly pot noodle club.
  • Options

How does Muir raise the extra cash required?

Primarily he's looking for a couple of punters to chuck in about five million quid into the pot. In return for this they get a junior directors role, tickets to every game, the glamour of the English third tier and quite probably all the chips they can eat.

OK I'm being facetious, but it is a genuine question. What is there to sell to additional investors?

Buying into one of the most wonderful football clubs in the world.
    And yes, I’m being serious.

• Options
    Scoham said:

Being reported on BBC breakfast London news this morning

What did they say?
    It's good news week
    Someone's dropped a bomb somewhere
    Contaminating atmosphere
    And blackening the sky

It's good news week
    Someone's found a way to give
    The rotting dead a will to live
    Go on and never die

Have you heard the news
    What did it say?
    Who's won that race?
    What's the weather like today?

It's good news week
    Families shake the need for gold
    By stimulating birth control
    We're wanting less to eat

It's good news week
    Doctors finding many ways
    Of wrapping brains on metal trays
    To keep us from the heat

It's good news week
    Someone's dropped a bomb somewhere
    Contaminating atmosphere
    And blackening the sky

It's good news week
    Someone's found a way to give
    The rotting dead a will to live
    Go on and never die

Have you heard the news
    What did it say?
    Who's won that race?

It's good news week
    Families shake the need for gold
    By stimulating birth control
    We're wanting less to eat

It's good news week
    Doctors finding many ways
    Of wrapping brains on metal trays
    To keep us from the heat
    To keep us from the heat
    To keep us from the heat
  • Options
    37 to go.
  • Options

It's like the clock being right twice a day. Just because the claim of two o'clock is eventually correct does not mean the prediction was correct. And just because the clock struck two, does not mean the person who made the prediction deserves credit, especially when it comes literally months after the predictions were made.

If nothing else from this thread, at least I've been told what the phrase "like the clock being right twice a day" meant. Had no idea....

:-)
    actually the expression is "even a broken clock is right twice a day" : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is everyone seriously getting their knickers in a twist over someone suggesting that there is the option to buy the club minus the training ground & Valley?

It may be true but it doesn't mean the Aussies have to accept the deal!

Calm down people. Jeez.

It’s the Aussies looking in to that deal not the other way around
  • Options
    Simple fact is all clues lead to the concluson , the Aussies dont seem to enough money somehow..

Why would they need so many investors?
    Why would they consider thr purchase without buying the bricks and mortar?
    Why have taken so long?
    Why hasn't muir invested more of his own money?

• Options

Is everyone seriously getting their knickers in a twist over someone suggesting that there is the option to buy the club minus the training ground & Valley?

Calm down people. Jeez.

And do you think Roland is likely to agree to it?
  • Options

It's like the clock being right twice a day. Just because the claim of two o'clock is eventually correct does not mean the prediction was correct. And just because the clock struck two, does not mean the person who made the prediction deserves credit, especially when it comes literally months after the predictions were made.

If nothing else from this thread, at least I've been told what the phrase "like the clock being right twice a day" meant. Had no idea....

actually the expression is "even a broken clock is right twice a day" : - )
    Actually, the expression is 'even a stopped clock is right twice a day'.
  • Options

The only thing other than the broken clock analogy that I have learned, is that its easier to sell a flat, a house and a corner shop than buying a third rate football club. Im also mightily impressed at the amount of property owned by my fellow addicks.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Calm down people. Jeez.

And do you think Roland is likely to agree to it?
    whether he does or not it would still need the approval of all the ex-directors and we know from ROT's recent 'chat' with Roland that three of the seven will not agree to that. That's not to say that Roland can't repay those loans and then be free to do as he wishes.

• Options
    Update from "the dark side": Colin's suggested NLA made it up. He' claiming the deal includes everything and talk that the Aussies not having the money is very wide of the mark.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

Scoham said:

Update from "the dark side": Colin's suggested NLA made it up. He' claiming the deal includes everything and talk that the Aussies not having the money is very wide of the mark.

I trust Colin over NLA every day of the week.
    Don't we all?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

he's also saying its a different group of investors than last year.. despite the fact the official statement from the club explicitly named AFC as the buyers and Gerard Murphy has been involved since we knew of their involvement a year or so ago.
  • Options

Jimmy it’s not incorrect the difference is I have no bias in what I share all I want is RD gone your source does not want to release the info that has dogged them from the start ref funds

I assure you the pup lines being told from within are not the ones I speak

Be careful who you believe mate is all i say

I could say exactly the same as you nth, with all due respect. They’ve certainly told me no lies up to now. The fact that they don’t want to tell me all about their financing is hardly a surprise is it? Why the hell would they tell me?

They’ve said ‘all incorrect’, and I hope we’ll find out if this is itself correct very soon. I believe it will be, but that’s just my opinion, as I’m not ITK.

• Options

Scoham said:

he's also saying its a different group of investors than last year.. despite the fact the official statement from the club explicitly named AFC as the buyers and Gerard Murphy has been involved since we knew of their involvement a year or so ago.
    not entirely correct as it said 'Charlton Athletic can confirm that it is expecting a takeover of the club to be completed by a select group of investors linked to The Australian Football Consortium'
  • Options

Scoham said:

Not saying I believe him but that could be true - who is involved in AFC could have changed, for example wasn't there talk of a Greek investor that is no longer involved? And at what point did Muir join?
  • Options

The best way to understand this takeover is to imagine you're selling a house with a broken clock...

Belgian cock?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Not saying I believe him but that could be true - who is involved in AFC could have changed, for example wasn't there talk of a Greek investor that is no longer involved? And at what point did Muir join?
    Muir wasn't involved initially, a Greek guy was so hence the statement saying .... 'Charlton Athletic can confirm that it is expecting a takeover of the club to be completed by a select group of investors linked to The Australian Football Consortium'
  • Options
    West and Large have nailed it. ACL have the vision not Muir. Muir is contributing as an interested party and may have a bigger % than others involved, but I believe it is the commitment to the annual investment needed, not the asking price. RD is just stirring.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!