Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I feel that #TeamWIOTOS will be gaining a few more members soon after today's back and forth :-)
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

I feel that #TeamWIOTOS will be gaining a few more members soon after today's back and forth :-)

Say it again, brother
  • Options

cafcwill said:

Say it again, brother
    I remember when NLA rightly broke the news that the spivs never had a pot to piss in.

Never made its way to the OS...ever.
  • Options

I only deal in facts nothing else

• Options

Some don’t I have even had some prick called Colin call me a liar who the fuck is Colin

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Update from "the dark side": Colin's suggested NLA made it up. He' claiming the deal includes everything and talk that the Aussies not having the money is very wide of the mark.

he's also saying its a different group of investors than last year.. despite the fact the official statement from the club explicitly named AFC as the buyers and Gerard Murphy has been involved since we knew of their involvement a year or so ago.
    Not saying I believe him but that could be true - who is involved in AFC could have changed, for example wasn't there talk of a Greek investor that is no longer involved? And at what point did Muir join?
    Muir wasn't involved initially, a Greek guy was so hence the statement saying .... 'Charlton Athletic can confirm that it is expecting a takeover of the club to be completed by a select group of investors linked to The Australian Football Consortium'

I think there is evidence RD may be raising cash within the business to buy out the former directors and obviously he will try to do that as cheaply as possible. He is certainly trying to do cash deals.

However, it’s a stretch from there to say he is doing it because the Aussies want to lease the land, particularly if they say not.

There are other possible reasons why buying out the ex-directors might be desirable to make a deal work. And if he sells assets that are not on the balance sheet (youth players) to pay down third party debt he is not reducing the value of the business, presumably.
    This is correct and what I posted after the konsa sale and has been the case since Tuesday RD reducing the debt not the sale price hence making a reduction more in line with the Aussie shortage of funds

On weds this changed a bit more all the way up to yesterday eve when the negotiations returned to where they were around 8 - 12 weeks ago pre the investors that were found that led to the earlier leaks that things could be concluded quickly

Who subsequently failed a section of the EFL tests and meant they had joint interests and couldn’t invest

And the this resulted in issue of purchasing without the ground and training ground as part of the deal (unsure how long term that view is ) hence the Aussies do want to buy lock stock and barrel but may not be able to outright at the same time as the rest of the purchase

Releasing RD from the monthly running costs and keeping him content till he gets his full amount or the assets purchased separately later on

How the hell did the Aussies not realise this would be a problem?
  • Options
    WSS said:

I only deal in facts nothing else

Cheers Rafa.
    beat me to it.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Chizz said:

It's going to reach 1,000 pages. Isn't it?

It may well not.

Just to add an additional band of excitement to this, but we can't find any other site that uses the same platform software carrying a thread beyond 3 digit pages. So your guess is as good as ours.

Should CL spontaneously combust. It was nice knowing you all :-)
    If it does reach 1000 pages, do NLA and I get some sort of award?
    Douche, what accolade could possibly brighten your existence there in the depths of your orgy of self-congratulation?
    It ruins your eyesight, you know?
    Don't try and get me back on side now - I've owned this thread, smashed it, made it my own? Nailed it? made it relevant? - if Simon cowell were judging I would be in boot camp by now about to go global
    Ruined his eyesight already it seems, either that or English not his first language.
    (speaks slowly and loudly) Would you like me to say it again but with fewer long difficult words?
    I have no flemish but I could have a go at french if that helps?
  • Options

Whats in the books is irrelevant in terms of the value that's placed on the business. Having less liabilities as a result of selling assets (on the books or otherwise) is a zero sum game, unless you realise more for the player than the other party thought, which could have been the case with Ezri I suppose.

Most likely scenario in removing the liabilities of the old directors is to either allow first charge on the assets of the business for any new loans (from Rolly or anyone else) or to allow the football business and the property business to be split, with only one of these sold.

Or if you can buy out the loans at a discount, by pressuring the lenders, one way or another.

But I agree the point is likely to be to get rid of the charge - we just can’t be sure why that is suddenly such a priority, if it is.

It has always been a priority for both buyers.
    How do you pressurise the lenders? If they dont want to do a deal they just sit tight.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

We will see the clock is ticking the deadline looming for this to be concluded

If the Aussies find investors then it won’t happen

If the club is sold and the ground and training ground is not sold with it then we will see

But the Aussies ascot 1327 today do not have the money available to buy us FACT

It's not a FACT if it's just something you've been told, and you haven't seen proof yourself.

What is this deadline?
    The Aussies are saying your post is 100% incorrect, it's not a third party saying it, so are you being used by someone? An ex director?
    Nope the Aussies are not telling you the truth

And it is a fact
    For the final time mate, you don't know, you're just repeating what you've heard. Which is fine if you'd say that, but you don't.
    This
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

addick05 said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

The statement was not meant for the fans. We're just collateral damage. It was drawn up by the lawyers simply to reassure the football industry at large that CAFC is open for business as "normal", and this takeover malarkey is just some little local difficulty, soon to be resolved. Meanwhile the whole weary process continues at glacier speed, to the profound detriment of the club, the rage and frustration of the fans, and the customary enrichment of the briefs. IMHO.

It was initially drawn up by a couple of the Aussie consortium, but I expect it was checked and/or modified by the Roland side, but then agreed by all parties (and their lawyers) before release.
    Only a joint document would have been acceptable to all protagonists. Any fan-friendliness in the original draft has been thoroughly lawyered out in this frigid communication from the parallel universe wherein CAFC is presently marooned, slowly drifting ever more distant from us.
    I think that’ll change. They’re pretty laid back for one thing.
    We’ll see how fan friendly they are when they select me a random fan for the board.
    Laid back, are they, Jim?

Well, waking up to find this latest alleged scenario - a true Weston - I have a message for Mr Muir and his mates. It's this. Walk away. Now.

Mr M, I like the cut of your jib. It's plain that, putting business to one side, you've found something in CAFC/CACT that appeals. I think the Addicks would suit you very well, and you us. But let's face facts. We're all being played, held to ransom by our feelings for this grand old club. The Owner will never understand that while there's a hole in his arse, except to use our loyalty as leverage for his own foul purposes.

Oh, you can summon up advisers, brokers, middlemen and bankers to fight your corner, but what you need is a real Negotiator. Someone who doesn't give a hoot, except to get a result. That's where you and we go wrong, see, because we all DO care. We care an awful lot. I'll bet that none of your mob has ever had to do business before with someone like you-know-who.

Well, as of now don't feel you need to speak for me. Call it a day. I've got 64 seasons of memories to keep me going. In that time there have been several Charltons but never one like this. Let the Owner wallow in the God-awful mess he's created, the monumental losses he's piled up - and growing every single week, of course - and instead of clearing off at least with your decent offer he'll have to kiss that good money goodbye as well. How d'yer like THEM eggs, Roly boy?

So let him keep The Valley and Sparrows Lane. What are they worth without us? Buttons. I'd rather see The Valley become another Mountsfield Park than continue like this. And give the players (and staff) their freedom, instead of having their careers blighted by this tin-eared despot and his hapless commissar. To matey they're not people, they're just contracts on legs.

So, just let the Owner stew. In the meantime you'll know where to find me and I guess thousands like me - just whistle and we'll be back, ok? Only, don't leave it too long.

Blimey mate, the tears were starting to well up as I read you post. You may well be bang on the nail here. The Aussies have to either piss or get off the pot; it's all or nothing, the club, the ground and the training ground cannot be separated.
    But why are you assuming this rumour is true? The source is a highly disgruntled former director with a major axe to grind. The other source is a group who have already spend a million Pounds to just clear up legal issues. I'd stick with the latter unless there's proof that they've done something wrong.

I think I might join #TeamWIOTOS and keep away from all of the nonsense.
    Who is the former director?
  • Options

Whats in the books is irrelevant in terms of the value that's placed on the business. Having less liabilities as a result of selling assets (on the books or otherwise) is a zero sum game, unless you realise more for the player than the other party thought, which could have been the case with Ezri I suppose.

Most likely scenario in removing the liabilities of the old directors is to either allow first charge on the assets of the business for any new loans (from Rolly or anyone else) or to allow the football business and the property business to be split, with only one of these sold.

Or if you can buy out the loans at a discount, by pressuring the lenders, one way or another.

But I agree the point is likely to be to get rid of the charge - we just can’t be sure why that is suddenly such a priority, if it is.
    How do you pressurise the lenders? If they dont want to do a deal they just sit tight.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

The only obvious weapon is bad publicity (see above). I agree it’s an empty threat. Doesn’t mean he won’t use it.

• Options

The only obvious weapon is bad publicity (see above). I agree it’s an empty threat. Doesn’t mean he won’t use it.

What bad publicity? Do you think they give a toss?
    He is the one who bought the Club without understanding what those Loans were.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I really don't have a clue any more regarding all this malarkey. I wonder however if hidden in all this milieu are one of two quite heroic ex directors who won't get involved with anything that separates the club from the ground.
    If am anywhere near right there are unsung heroes about.

I think from previous comments on here it is fair to say there are 3 ,but if Roland pays them off in full there is nothing they can do to stop him. But he has had that option for a long while,and chosen not to.
    It is in his power to get deal done,but he needs to clear those charges.
  • Options
    It's all got a bit big willy syleee today, is it the weather?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

I really don't have a clue any more regarding all this malarkey. I wonder however if hidden in all this milieu are one of two quite heroic ex directors who won't get involved with anything that separates the club from the ground.

I think from previous comments on here it is fair to say there are 3 ,but if Roland pays them off in full there is nothing they can do to stop him. But he has had that option for a long while,and chosen not to.
    To get which deal done @Davidsmith? Australian or British (who you said you believe exist)?
  • Options

seth plum said:

If Duchatelet offers to settle with the ex-directors, do we know if they are bound to accept?
  • Options
    I feel a poll is in order
  • Options

seth plum said:

Exactly.

Not the Aussies, not the Ex Directors, just the #BelgianBastard.

Paying off three ex directors - probably what he's just received for Konsa and Lennon. Deal done. Sign on the dotted line.

Naff off to Limburg to buy a crate of duct tape.
  • Options

I feel a poll is in order

I cant keep up with this, first Aussies now the Polish.
  • Options

If they do would it be viewed as for the best interest of the club and fans it is a pivotal time for this whole charde to come to a conclusion
  • Options
    With the temperature hitting 30 next week, this thread has all the potential for going as nasty as the Croatia v Argentina game last night
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!