Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I think it's fair to say we are not going up in 2019 but just hope we find the right investors as the long term future of the club is always a threat under Roland so 1 more season won't be the end of the world
  • Options
    Mentioning what?
  • Options

Chizz said:

It's going to reach 1,000 pages. Isn't it?

It may well not.

Just to add an additional band of excitement to this, but we can't find any other site that uses the same platform software carrying a thread beyond 3 digit pages. So your guess is as good as ours.

Should CL spontaneously combust. It was nice knowing you all :-)
    Booooooooo
  • Options

Chizz said:

It may well not.

Just to add an additional band of excitement to this, but we can't find any other site that uses the same platform software carrying a thread beyond 3 digit pages. So your guess is as good as ours.

It's like the 'millennium bug' all over again
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

The statement was not meant for the fans. We're just collateral damage. It was drawn up by the lawyers simply to reassure the football industry at large that CAFC is open for business as "normal", and this takeover malarkey is just some little local difficulty, soon to be resolved. Meanwhile the whole weary process continues at glacier speed, to the profound detriment of the club, the rage and frustration of the fans, and the customary enrichment of the briefs. IMHO.

It was initially drawn up by a couple of the Aussie consortium, but I expect it was checked and/or modified by the Roland side, but then agreed by all parties (and their lawyers) before release.
    Only a joint document would have been acceptable to all protagonists. Any fan-friendliness in the original draft has been thoroughly lawyered out in this frigid communication from the parallel universe wherein CAFC is presently marooned, slowly drifting ever more distant from us.
    I think that’ll change. They’re pretty laid back for one thing.
    We’ll see how fan friendly they are when they select me a random fan for the board.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The only Marx that made any sense !

What, you mean the worker don’t control the means of production!?
  • Options

With RD having a fire sale, since last month we have gone from the play offs to the lay offs

I don't think the sale of Konsa for £2.3M constitutes a fire sale does it ?
  • Options

Chizz said:

It may well not.

I genuinely don't know what's sadder, the fact that you've spent time looking for that or the fact that we've ostensibly made you do it.
  • Options

Chizz said:

It may well not.

Who started the thread? If whoever it is kills off Charlton Life that's worthy of a demote.
    Henry’s revenge for not getting a promote? Sweet huh.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

DOUCHER said:

I am surprised that DD is still being mentioned as one of the reasons for the delay. That really should have been completed some time ago.

Probably explains what the 'legal' people have been doing since around february time when it was announced that the price had been agreed with 2 separate consortiums and it was now with the solicitors or words to that affect.
    You know very well that Murray said due diligence was already complete at that point. You can’t rely on his statements on the one hand and dismiss them on the other, just because it happens to suit you.
    You know very well that there can be a difference between the dd process being completed and any issues resulting from it being satisfactorily resolved.
    Correct which is why I said that earlier.

Beardy is trying to make it look like his unreliable source's "fact" that nothing was happening back end of last year was correct when even his ultimate source IE Murray has said DD has long been done.

DD is done. The argument now is what did it reveal that impacts on the price.

WIOTOS
    Does Beardy mean the same as Jimmy Hill itchy chin?
    DD is brown nose's name for me - he's still splitting hairs now when its clear that the proper 2 way process of dd has been ongoing since february
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    A couple thoughts:
    1) I think we sometimes read too much into PR statements. The joint release is very bland, but that tends to be how those things are. It seems to confirm there is still a serious attempt for a deal to go through. Beyond that, I think we can pick it apart all day but it was almost certainly written by a PR person then reviewed by lawyers who may not have a ton of insight anyway.

2) The biggest question I keep coming back to is why has the deal stalled now? This is pure speculation, but I doubt much has changed on Roland's end, which leads me to think it's something to do with the Australians, and to me that means a problem with money and/or investors. I did a lengthier process of elimination post yesterday, but to me that's the only one that really makes sense.

3) This is the controversial one. IF the EFL has scuppered this deal because they are somehow concerned about the Australian bid, then I think we need to give them some credit. For as bad as things are under Roland, the club is not in administration. And if owners with not enough money take over, given our losses that becomes a very real concern.

The other piece of that is, how bad are things if the EFL is worried about your ownership? This is of course speculation, that might not be the hurdle.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

It may well not.

Booooooooo
    Remember the millennium bug? No, because there wasn’t one. I’m looking forward to page 2000 ;-(
    What about 10,000?
  • Options

Chizz said:

It may well not.

If it does reach 1000 pages, do NLA and I get some sort of award?
  • Options

With RD having a fire sale, since last month we have gone from the play offs to the lay offs

I don't think the sale of Konsa for £2.3M constitutes a fire sale does it ?
    Agreed unless Konsa is simply the tip of the iceberg.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

A couple thoughts:
    1) I think we sometimes read too much into PR statements. The joint release is very bland, but that tends to be how those things are. It seems to confirm there is still a serious attempt for a deal to go through. Beyond that, I think we can pick it apart all day but it was almost certainly written by a PR person then reviewed by lawyers who may not have a ton of insight anyway.

2) The biggest question I keep coming back to is why has the deal stalled now? This is pure speculation, but I doubt much has changed on Roland's end, which leads me to think it's something to do with the Australians, and to me that means a problem with money and/or investors. I did a lengthier process of elimination post yesterday, but to me that's the only one that really makes sense.

3) This is the controversial one. IF the EFL has scuppered this deal because they are somehow concerned about the Australian bid, then I think we need to give them some credit. For as bad as things are under Roland, the club is not in administration. And if owners with not enough money take over, given our losses that becomes a very real concern.

The other piece of that is, how bad are things if the EFL is worried about your ownership? This is of course speculation, that might not be the hurdle.

Ref point 2) For 4 and a bit years, the septic old liar kept a tiny management team and sanctioned most of the club's business himself, of this we're sure. It follows then that very little can have changed structurally, legally, financially without his direct involvement. The fact that there remains an "... enormous amount of due diligence that goes on behind the scenes..." suggests he's not been able to answer all the questions posed by the incoming new guys and their advisers. Nothing has changed in his tenure that he doesn't know about, therefore he took on CAFC without appraising himself of the facts. The decrepit cur doesn't know now cos he never asked before. Whatever shady smoke'n'mirrors deliberately veiled mechanism the spivs and their 'money man' (hollow laugh) used to acquire CAFC now has to be unpicked and that's what's taking the time. Hopefully that means the odious crackpot is ever further out of pocket. Sadly though, it puts back further and further any prospect of real planning for the coming season and with it the chances of on field success before January at best.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

It may well not.

Booooooooo
    Remember the millennium bug? No, because there wasn’t one. ;-(
    Yes there was, we fixed it
  • Options
    Is Varney involved in the British consortium interest?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Is Varney involved in the British consortium interest?

There is no such thing as a British consortium.
  • Options
    I swear I read an article saying it would be "this week" last week by Cawley in the SLP or whatever it is he writes for.

So much fatigue from this now. It will happen, people writing sensational articles every other day for the past 6 months to boost their readership in a culture of dying news media are not really worth getting excited about, the sources on here seem a lot more "In the know" in a lot of cases.

WIOTOS, and until then, enjoy the world cup.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!