Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I'm surprised people are already saying it's off, sink the thread etc

Didn't the VOTV article say the deal could be concluded by the end of next week or has something happened since then I've missed?

Didn't the VOTV article say the deal could be concluded by the end of next week or has something happened since then I've missed?

Who is saying it’s off........I’ve not got that impression from anyone other than on ‘the forum who’s name may not be mentioned’ who have predictably chosen not to believe it from the word go.
  • Would anyone have actually expected a different reply from KR? And why would he know anything? He's a manager, not a board member, and I'm sure CL has members that have worked for a company as a manager during a takeover process that had no idea of what was happening.
  • I think people are underestimating how common and mundane a tool the NDA is. It’s binding sure, but signed at company level so as info is briefed further, there is a much greater pool of people to leak individual pieces of information. Stuff leaks, even when people sign the ultimate NDA, the official secrets act.
  • "I got a phone call from someone on the board" said KR.

Well, that's one of three people isn't it? Murray is non-exec and I doubt he'd be nattering away to random staff on the phone. That leaves the Belgians. Neither of them are exactly trustworthy are they?

As there's a choice of so few people what's the point of NOT naming the caller? Whatever, would you leave your mobile phone with any of them for safekeeping while you went for a piss?

"If..you know..your history'
  • Will it be Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday before the first "its all gone quiet, what's happening Airman?" posts?

Why not Monday? Monday is new signing day.
  • seth plum said:

The bit that got me in the Robinson interview, unless I heard it wrongly, is that if there was a takeover he'd be gone...so he says. Whether that means he would walk, or he has an inkling of possible plans I don't know.
    I would leave him alone while he is winning whichever owners are in place. There are people so entrenched in antipathy towards Robinson that they don't pay attention to what he is doing. He is arguably the best manager this lot have appointed, light years better than Fraeye for example.
    There is going to be a telling week leading up to the Wimbledon game.

'The best manager this lot have appointed'. Not difficult.
    Not the best manager they've sacked.
  • I see everyone is as patient as ever.

No, a few not everyone @cafc_harry
  • Sponsored links:

• Hmmmm, its guessing time.....

4 sources, all unconnected, let me start (chronologically)...

1) Staff member at CAFC
    2) Richard Cawley
    3) Sue Parkes
    4) Keith Harris (being that the last was the most significant)

All total guesses, of course.

Am I warm, AB ?!
  • ok, lets have another go...
    1) Peter Varney
    2) Louis Mendez
    3) Richard Murray
    4) Roland

• AB there are times when "no comment" is the correct response even when it goes against the DNA, as myself and NLA found out !

The truth is out there ,but i wouldnt trust anyone with a connection (even distant) to RD and the Poodles
  • Intriguingly, I got a text message this morning which said "looks like Roland has sold the club"
  • Do you have to go through the fit and proper owners test before it can be signed on the dotted line?
  • Intriguingly, I got a text message this morning which said "looks like Roland has sold the club"

From?
  • Sponsored links:

Can you elaborate ?

Colin?
  • Robinson has done his best with a tough question for him. Interesting that he said her been told there's nothing to it. He could have just said, I don't know anything about it and I'm focused on the job. Additionally though, he gave credence to it personally with some of his comments about focussing on the pitch.

So what can we take from this. It looks like someone said nothing to It. But he doesn't feel that is necessarily true. He sort of separated himself from the denial a bit.

I guess the denial has come from someone out of the loop on this and robbo knows this.

I'll guess we'll see over the coming weeks. For me though he is doing an excellent job and any new owners shoild give him their support and do everything possible to maintain the stability he has built, which has been missing for so long.
  • stonemuse said:

Intriguingly, I got a text message this morning which said "looks like Roland has sold the club"

From?
    Colin

Price?.
  • I didn't but I now think this is Andrew Muir.
  • The word "imminent" means about to happen. I would take that as within the next few days/ couple of weeks personally.

Has it been mentioned in any other media i.e. Rich Cawley who is usually spot on with his stuff?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!