Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

From the BBC

Australian film producer Bruce Davey has held talks with Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish about buying a stake in the club. (Times - subscription required)
    What is it with Australians?

Some are good, some are bad just like everyone else.
  • Options

Not off again is it?

Now wouldn’t that be the most charlton thing ever
    It would I suppose mate.

That's if u think it was ever on in the first place!

Something is or was happening that I am certain how close how imminent how far they are going with it is open for interpretation,

I know that it’s not always a good thing to let the info out that has reached and I def don’t think it’s a good thing to mention things like who and how many potential sources there are

Imo it shows a great deal of miss trust and I would question the reasons why it was leaked to AB knowing it would go in the votv

I hope that it’s not trouble making by the person leaking
    If it's multiple sources I'm struggling to see how it could be mischief making. It would be virtually impossible to keep something like this completely under wraps and I think we are seeing the proximity of a deal having to involve enough people for it to seep out.

• Options

Not off again is it?

It would I suppose mate.

Something is or was happening that I am certain how close how imminent how far they are going with it is open for interpretation,

I know that it’s not always a good thing to let the info out that has reached and I def don’t think it’s a good thing to mention things like who and how many potential sources there are

Imo it shows a great deal of miss trust and I would question the reasons why it was leaked to AB knowing it would go in the votv

That makes you the fifth source : - )

I always wonder why something leaks. Could be a negative or devious reason or just that football is a tiny village where everyone knows everyone and so interesting gossip gets passed on.

I believe it when @Redhenry confirms it :-)
  • Options

Not off again is it?

It would I suppose mate.

If it's multiple sources I'm struggling to see how it could be mischief making. It would be virtually impossible to keep something like this completely under wraps and I think we are seeing the proximity of a deal having to involve enough people for it to seep out.

Multiple sources is a great way of trying to disguise one source isn’t it don’t always believe what you read mate

• Options
    Perfect timing if a deal can be done soon!
    Fingers crossed!!
  • Options

DA9 said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

drewman said:

drewman said:

How depressing.

Given that we are down to discussing the relative merits of our sellable youth products because there isn't the slightest sniff of a rumour or any gossip which suggests that a sale process is even possible, let alone imminent, it appears that my estrangement from my football club is likely to continue for the foreseeable future....

It feels strange. Normally, I would be eagerly poring through any possible transfer rumours in eager anticipation of a squad being assembled with the potential to bring us glory next season....but this summer, I haven't even looked at the transfer thread once, and I can't see myself doing so, either. I'm just not interested in the machinations being orchestrated (or not) by a manager and administration that I feel no affinity or affection for and I just wish would disappear and never come back.

As it stands, this is not my club anymore....it's like watching a horror movie where a familiar old friend has been transformed into a slavering, mindless zombie. As a diseased and decaying CAFC limply staggers along in search of brains (which would be profits for RD if I'm going to pursue this tortured analogy) I simply cannot recognise it as my dear, cherished, contented and proud friend that was once so full of life....not least because it stinks pretty badly - a rather off-putting, foetid stench of rot, misery and death which I (and many others it seems) find utterly repellent. Quite simply, I don't recognise it anymore.

I look forward to the day when the curse is lifted and I get my beloved friend back . Sadly, it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon...

Its a strange day when I looked forward more to the Bromley fixtures coming out than the Charlton ones and I'm jealous of Leyton Orient. Let me rephrase that. I am envious of a non league club because they have promising new ownership. Just fuck off Roland and give me my club back.
    You're jealous of Leyton Orient ? Wow.
    I know, didn't think the day would come but they are at least a club united.
    I know what you mean, but they are 17th in The National League. I wouldn't want to swap places thank-you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league
    True but as you yourself said to Meire we're similar in size to half a dozen clubs in the Premier League
    And smaller than a lot of clubs in the Championship (Leeds, Forest, Derby, Boro, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Villa, etc).

"Size" and history don't matter much these days. Gate receipts only make for a portion of income. It's TV money and whether or not you have an owner willing to pump money into the club like Bournemouth or Leicester or Watford, etc. I just worry about us thinking we have a devine right to being in the Premier League.
    Location matters a huge amount though. As does having a stadium which is ready for the Premier League. If you want to play the PL game, there are necessarily a finite number of clubs you can buy and a very limited number in London.
    A fair point regarding London, though I believe all of the aforementioned have grounds that have hosted Premier League games.

It's not that I think we're unattractive entirely, it's just I'm not convinced we're 70m pounds just for the acquisition attractive.
    Where does £70m come from though? The point about the stadium is not that, say, Derby don't have one, but that the likely to be available London clubs with PL stadiums - or stadiums tha can be improved to that level - is a short list. In fact, I'd argue we are the only club on it.
    70m was 55m asking price plus 18m in debt that I thought you mentioned earlier but I may have read that wrong, apologies.

Regarding the ground, yeah, I think that's fair if being in London is the objective. And you're right, not only are we in London but we're in a good part of London.
    I wouldn't say Charlton was an especially good part of London, the transport links aren't as good as some other clubs and the location doesn't have the glamour that Fulham and Chelsea have
    20-30 minutes drive from city airport, 20-30 minutes from central London and the west end by train, 10 minutes from one of Londons major tourist areas, Greenwich, prime location near all further housing regeneration along the Thames estuary out towards Kent & Essex, including the planned theme park in Swanscombe/Ebbsfleet.
    I think only Chelsea, Fulham & Arsenal (at a push) have better or more glamorous locations.
    ... and Crossrail coming soon. (from Abbey Wood).

Charlton's catchment area is huge and the multitude of new housing blocks alongside the Thames just a stones throw from the club must be a marketing opportunity. There must be some executive sales in them thar buildings.
    I'm good friends with a former Chairman of Ebbsfleet (or Gravesend and Northfleet as it was then) and he's said pretty much the same as that in the past when we've been talking about Charlton mate.
  • Options
    There is still not a hint of takeover rumours in a single news outlet, local or national. Is this because there is no substance to the rumours or because Charlton have simply now dropped completely below the radar of traditional news media outlets?
  • Options
    No longer a sticky?!? Worrying. ;)
  • Options
    if the multiple sources are all Fed by the same person then it’s irrelevant how many tell you AB I don’t doubt a thing you wrote I don’t doubt you were given the information in good faith what I doubt is why it was leaked and the reasons behind it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

if the multiple sources are all Fed by the same person then it’s irrelevant how many tell you AB I don’t doubt a thing you wrote I don’t doubt you were given the information in good faith what I doubt is why it was leaked and the reasons behind it

Not every leak is done for malicious reasons. There are plenty of people who get to see or hear things for all sorts of organisations involved in a takeover. All it takes is some indescite words after a few glasses.

• Options
    thats not what NLA is saying. If a party dosnt want the deal going ahead and there is a NDA then they arnt going to be stupid enough to do the dark side work themselves they are going to use trustworthy third parties who are doing the dark side unknowingly etc. Think of this ---- if it goes wrong and they pull out of the deal Pitch PR could lay the blame on CARD---Back to The Valley---Charlton Life the main players against RD-----lets not say they wont do it we have seen how low they play
  • Options

thats not what NLA is saying. If a party dosnt want the deal going ahead and there is a NDA then they arnt going to be stupid enough to do the dark side work themselves they are going to use trustworthy third parties who are doing the dark side unknowingly etc. Think of this ---- if it goes wrong and they pull out of the deal Pitch PR could lay the blame on CARD---Back to The Valley---Charlton Life the main players against RD-----lets not say they wont do it we have seen how low they play

Thing is. It's not really gone public has it?
    If you wanted to increase the chances of it failing due to a broken NDA then you'd go straight to the Daily Mail
  • Options
    during DD things could be found which could stop the deal ,happens all the time.Wouldnt it convenient to have scape goats who are ainty RD andThe Poodles ?
  • Options
    Hmmm. 'As you were' could easily be 'something's happening but don't lose focus on what you're doing Karl'.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Hmmm. 'As you were' could easily be 'something's happening but don't lose focus on what you're doing Karl'.

Thought similar , especially as he doesn’t back up the “I’ve been told there’s no takeover” with any quotes!

Notice he’s quick to play the scare tactic of “if it happens I’ll be gone”!
  • Options
    Well Robinson sounds pretty convincing when he says he's been told there's nothing in it.

Curiouser and curiouser.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robinson will say what he's told. He's not going to toe the party line and says yes.
  • Options
    Will it be Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday before the first "its all gone quiet, what's happening Airman?" posts?
  • Options

Will it be Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday before the first "its all gone quiet, what's happening Airman?" posts?

Sunday
  • Options

You are being far too generous in your estimate of our patience.
  • Options
    NDA's are all well and good, but as some one who's signed NDA's i have then gone down the pub and told some close mates what i'm doing to do with work which technically breaks the NDA i guess, also my family. It's the way it is.

Airman clearly has sources all over the club (not surprised after he has worked there for years), plus journalistic integrety requires multiple sources or one source with crystal clear rock solid evidence.

Otherwise the club could take legal action. I'm sure Katrien would absolutely love to do that to Rick.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!