Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The cats out of the bag Henry. If it doesn't happen now it's all your fault.

"Buying a football club is like making love to a beautiful woman"
    What do you mean you can only dream of it?
    “Buying a football club is like romancing a beautiful woman - you need a lot of money to piss up the wall”
  • ^ i have signed many an NDA in my job and most definitely would not then talk about the deal afterwards, having said that I would not do so even without an NDA.

Could help that if i talked about my job to my mates down the pub they would all leave as it is not that interesting ! Lol.
  • edited October 2017

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

drewman said:

drewman said:

How depressing.

Given that we are down to discussing the relative merits of our sellable youth products because there isn't the slightest sniff of a rumour or any gossip which suggests that a sale process is even possible, let alone imminent, it appears that my estrangement from my football club is likely to continue for the foreseeable future....

It feels strange. Normally, I would be eagerly poring through any possible transfer rumours in eager anticipation of a squad being assembled with the potential to bring us glory next season....but this summer, I haven't even looked at the transfer thread once, and I can't see myself doing so, either. I'm just not interested in the machinations being orchestrated (or not) by a manager and administration that I feel no affinity or affection for and I just wish would disappear and never come back.

As it stands, this is not my club anymore....it's like watching a horror movie where a familiar old friend has been transformed into a slavering, mindless zombie. As a diseased and decaying CAFC limply staggers along in search of brains (which would be profits for RD if I'm going to pursue this tortured analogy) I simply cannot recognise it as my dear, cherished, contented and proud friend that was once so full of life....not least because it stinks pretty badly - a rather off-putting, foetid stench of rot, misery and death which I (and many others it seems) find utterly repellent. Quite simply, I don't recognise it anymore.

I look forward to the day when the curse is lifted and I get my beloved friend back . Sadly, it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon...

Its a strange day when I looked forward more to the Bromley fixtures coming out than the Charlton ones and I'm jealous of Leyton Orient. Let me rephrase that. I am envious of a non league club because they have promising new ownership. Just fuck off Roland and give me my club back.
    You're jealous of Leyton Orient ? Wow.
    I know, didn't think the day would come but they are at least a club united.
    I know what you mean, but they are 17th in The National League. I wouldn't want to swap places thank-you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league
    True but as you yourself said to Meire we're similar in size to half a dozen clubs in the Premier League
    And smaller than a lot of clubs in the Championship (Leeds, Forest, Derby, Boro, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Villa, etc).

"Size" and history don't matter much these days. Gate receipts only make for a portion of income. It's TV money and whether or not you have an owner willing to pump money into the club like Bournemouth or Leicester or Watford, etc. I just worry about us thinking we have a devine right to being in the Premier League.
    Location matters a huge amount though. As does having a stadium which is ready for the Premier League. If you want to play the PL game, there are necessarily a finite number of clubs you can buy and a very limited number in London.
    A fair point regarding London, though I believe all of the aforementioned have grounds that have hosted Premier League games.

It's not that I think we're unattractive entirely, it's just I'm not convinced we're 70m pounds just for the acquisition attractive.
    Where does £70m come from though? The point about the stadium is not that, say, Derby don't have one, but that the likely to be available London clubs with PL stadiums - or stadiums tha can be improved to that level - is a short list. In fact, I'd argue we are the only club on it.
    70m was 55m asking price plus 18m in debt that I thought you mentioned earlier but I may have read that wrong, apologies.

Regarding the ground, yeah, I think that's fair if being in London is the objective. And you're right, not only are we in London but we're in a good part of London.
    Sorry to labour this point but it's important. The £55m (at June 2016) includes the £18.6m. The money he's put in is £55m less that £18.6m, because that's what he paid for the assets, so adding it is double counting.
    What about the Lookman money?.
    The Lookman money went to offset last season's operating loss, as the 16/17 accounts will no doubt show.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

drewman said:

drewman said:

How depressing.

Given that we are down to discussing the relative merits of our sellable youth products because there isn't the slightest sniff of a rumour or any gossip which suggests that a sale process is even possible, let alone imminent, it appears that my estrangement from my football club is likely to continue for the foreseeable future....

It feels strange. Normally, I would be eagerly poring through any possible transfer rumours in eager anticipation of a squad being assembled with the potential to bring us glory next season....but this summer, I haven't even looked at the transfer thread once, and I can't see myself doing so, either. I'm just not interested in the machinations being orchestrated (or not) by a manager and administration that I feel no affinity or affection for and I just wish would disappear and never come back.

As it stands, this is not my club anymore....it's like watching a horror movie where a familiar old friend has been transformed into a slavering, mindless zombie. As a diseased and decaying CAFC limply staggers along in search of brains (which would be profits for RD if I'm going to pursue this tortured analogy) I simply cannot recognise it as my dear, cherished, contented and proud friend that was once so full of life....not least because it stinks pretty badly - a rather off-putting, foetid stench of rot, misery and death which I (and many others it seems) find utterly repellent. Quite simply, I don't recognise it anymore.

I look forward to the day when the curse is lifted and I get my beloved friend back . Sadly, it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon...

Its a strange day when I looked forward more to the Bromley fixtures coming out than the Charlton ones and I'm jealous of Leyton Orient. Let me rephrase that. I am envious of a non league club because they have promising new ownership. Just fuck off Roland and give me my club back.
    You're jealous of Leyton Orient ? Wow.
    I know, didn't think the day would come but they are at least a club united.
    I know what you mean, but they are 17th in The National League. I wouldn't want to swap places thank-you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league
    True but as you yourself said to Meire we're similar in size to half a dozen clubs in the Premier League
    And smaller than a lot of clubs in the Championship (Leeds, Forest, Derby, Boro, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Villa, etc).

"Size" and history don't matter much these days. Gate receipts only make for a portion of income. It's TV money and whether or not you have an owner willing to pump money into the club like Bournemouth or Leicester or Watford, etc. I just worry about us thinking we have a devine right to being in the Premier League.
    Location matters a huge amount though. As does having a stadium which is ready for the Premier League. If you want to play the PL game, there are necessarily a finite number of clubs you can buy and a very limited number in London.
    A fair point regarding London, though I believe all of the aforementioned have grounds that have hosted Premier League games.

It's not that I think we're unattractive entirely, it's just I'm not convinced we're 70m pounds just for the acquisition attractive.
    Where does £70m come from though? The point about the stadium is not that, say, Derby don't have one, but that the likely to be available London clubs with PL stadiums - or stadiums tha can be improved to that level - is a short list. In fact, I'd argue we are the only club on it.
    70m was 55m asking price plus 18m in debt that I thought you mentioned earlier but I may have read that wrong, apologies.

Regarding the ground, yeah, I think that's fair if being in London is the objective. And you're right, not only are we in London but we're in a good part of London.
    Sorry to labour this point but it's important. The £55m (at June 2016) includes the £18.6m. The money he's put in is £55m less that £18.6m, because that's what he paid for the assets, so adding it is double counting.
    What about the Lookman money?.
    The Lookman money went to offset last season's operating loss, as the 16/17 accounts will no doubt show.
    OK so if it never paid for last season's lost Rd total outlay would be close to £65m?.
  • Maybe "as you were" means he ain't going.

If they are intelligent they would leave well alone and, just maybe, they wanted him to merely get on with what he is doing very well at the moment.

Obviously been discussed with him though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will it be Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday before the first "its all gone quiet, what's happening Airman?" posts?

Anymore negative posts like that and cuddles will be looking to overthrow you :)
  • He's probably been told the new owners want to bring in their own team.
  • Addickted said:

He's probably been told the new owners want to bring in their own team.

The article said he "joked" about being sacked.

But KR knows, as do we all, the new owners sacking an existing manager is nothing new. He has every right to be concerned despite his good results this season.

You never know maybe KR is one of Airman's sources :wink:
  • Addickted said:

But KR knows, as do we all, the new owners sacking an existing manager is nothing new. He has every right to be concerned despite his good results this season.

What article is being referred too?
  • T.C.E said:

Addickted said:

What article is being referred too?
    Louis Mendez SLP report. It's linked a dozen posts up
  • edited October 2017
  • Sponsored links:

• If they want to bring in their own manager I think we should boycott The Valley & protest in Oz.
  • Ok so I have studied the interview and King Robinson has given us all a pretty damn clear subliminal message here....I cannot believe no one else has commented on this.

See the below bold words quoted verbatim from Robinson's interview with Louis...

“As far as we know, no,” explained the Addicks boss.
    “If it happens, it’ll be happening behind my back as I’ve been told no. My job is to make people proud.

I got a phone call yesterday from somebody from the board, just to say there’s rumours going around.

“If the club ever gets sold or is not sold, my job is just to win. I want to detach myself from that and I want my players to detach themselves from that. Some people will be happy with it, some people will question the turbulent times. But I’ve been told it’s as you were.

I don’t think anybody can do much more than what we’re doing. We’ve disconnected ourselves from that very well. From the club that I walked into twelve months ago to the club that I stand here very proud to be associated with.”

Robinson, who was celebrating his side’s fine 1-0 away win at Bradford City, joked that any hypothetical takeover of the club could mean his immediate exit – with new owners often keen to bring their own man in.

“Well I’d be gone, simple as that! I’m just proud to be associated with the club for this period of time. If we can bring stability, desire and application, that’s all I’m here to do.

Now isolate the words I have bolded and put them together and this is what you get. The Takeover Da Vinci Code...it's all there!!!

we know

it happens, I’ve been told

I got a phone call yesterday from somebody from the board,

the club gets sold , is sold,

happy with it,

I think anybody From the club that I walked into twelve months ago was celebrating

new owners

a u ss i e s period

https://youtu.be/K5hy5XDL-r4
  • Isn’t it about time we sunk this thread? To many false dawns to beleive a takeover will happen anytime soon.
  • It’s not a disservice I am trying to say against AB that’s why I said I don’t doubt his intentions or his sources

Just that people should be aware that sometimes if it suits a certain objective there are those willing to be as sneaky as you like and shit on long term friendships or relationships if it benefits them

For us to be in DD and have someone like Harris working with us then something is going on

That I do not doubt or question

It’s how and why that info is out there when knowing how these things work from a first hand football scenario all of it would have been within the NDA and In fact at this stage I’d expect a bloody good NDA in place and as such whoever is passing the info may not want it to go through

• I would guess the January transfer window will focus the minds of both buyer and seller to get s deal sorted in advance.
  • The only thing Karl Robinson's comment illuminates to me is timing and I don't know what else the bloke is supposed to say even when if he knows anything, which he may not. But Louis is quite entitled to ask him. It doesn't change the fact there is a live due diligence process involving the club's lawyers or the fact that Keith Harris is acting on behalf of the club to broker a sale.

As he has been since at least April.

I feel a ' nothing to see here' might be an appropriate line.
  • So does that mean it's all off and we should be protesting louder than ever?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!