Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

cafc999 said:

if it happens we just have to send daisy a massive leaving card, from CARD

Or forget the constant bull shit personal attacks, Roland was the problem. She's just a symptom.
    Cobbles , you might have someone treading on your toes
  • Dazzler21 said:

cafc999 said:

Or forget the constant bull shit personal attacks, Roland was the problem. She's just a symptom.
    Should i take your comment personally or shall i just forget it?
  • Stop teasing...it hurts!
  • Any chance its the mob Varney said were interested?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2017
    I doubt very much there will be a takeover until and unless we get promoted this season
  • J BLOCK said:

Dazzler21 said:

cafc999 said:

Totally disagree. Can't be bothered to list everything's she's done and said as I'm hungover. But she is a huge problem and is in no way 'just a symptom'
    You may well be hung over but just for once in your miserable life in gods name try to list all those things she’s done......it’s very very important you simply MUST try, you cannot leave us all hanging on like this.....FOR GODS SAKE MAN!
    Don't shout. He's got a hangover.
    Whoooosh!
  • Maybe this.

• cfgs said:

Can I just say I haven't had any calls, any texts or any conversations. Not just about the takeover, but in general as nobody talks to me.

You are on this forum, say something and hundreds will read and some will answer
  • OH MY GOD!!!!!!

COME ON!!!!!!

Champagne time if this goes through... could be the best birthday present ever....
  • edited October 2017
    ross1 said:

cfgs said:

Can I just say I haven't had any calls, any texts or any conversations. Not just about the takeover, but in general as nobody talks to me.

You are on this forum, say something and hundreds will read and some will answer
    He should try the breathable ice boxer shorts thread.
  • Had a call from a mate today. He said 'Have you done your Chores' I said 'What Chores' He said 'I'll have a Red Bull' #JustSaying
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

drewman said:

drewman said:

How depressing.

Given that we are down to discussing the relative merits of our sellable youth products because there isn't the slightest sniff of a rumour or any gossip which suggests that a sale process is even possible, let alone imminent, it appears that my estrangement from my football club is likely to continue for the foreseeable future....

It feels strange. Normally, I would be eagerly poring through any possible transfer rumours in eager anticipation of a squad being assembled with the potential to bring us glory next season....but this summer, I haven't even looked at the transfer thread once, and I can't see myself doing so, either. I'm just not interested in the machinations being orchestrated (or not) by a manager and administration that I feel no affinity or affection for and I just wish would disappear and never come back.

As it stands, this is not my club anymore....it's like watching a horror movie where a familiar old friend has been transformed into a slavering, mindless zombie. As a diseased and decaying CAFC limply staggers along in search of brains (which would be profits for RD if I'm going to pursue this tortured analogy) I simply cannot recognise it as my dear, cherished, contented and proud friend that was once so full of life....not least because it stinks pretty badly - a rather off-putting, foetid stench of rot, misery and death which I (and many others it seems) find utterly repellent. Quite simply, I don't recognise it anymore.

I look forward to the day when the curse is lifted and I get my beloved friend back . Sadly, it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon...

Its a strange day when I looked forward more to the Bromley fixtures coming out than the Charlton ones and I'm jealous of Leyton Orient. Let me rephrase that. I am envious of a non league club because they have promising new ownership. Just fuck off Roland and give me my club back.
    You're jealous of Leyton Orient ? Wow.
    I know, didn't think the day would come but they are at least a club united.
    I know what you mean, but they are 17th in The National League. I wouldn't want to swap places thank-you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league
    True but as you yourself said to Meire we're similar in size to half a dozen clubs in the Premier League
    And smaller than a lot of clubs in the Championship (Leeds, Forest, Derby, Boro, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Villa, etc).

"Size" and history don't matter much these days. Gate receipts only make for a portion of income. It's TV money and whether or not you have an owner willing to pump money into the club like Bournemouth or Leicester or Watford, etc. I just worry about us thinking we have a devine right to being in the Premier League.
    Location matters a huge amount though. As does having a stadium which is ready for the Premier League. If you want to play the PL game, there are necessarily a finite number of clubs you can buy and a very limited number in London.
    A fair point regarding London, though I believe all of the aforementioned have grounds that have hosted Premier League games.

It's not that I think we're unattractive entirely, it's just I'm not convinced we're 70m pounds just for the acquisition attractive.
    Where does £70m come from though? The point about the stadium is not that, say, Derby don't have one, but that the likely to be available London clubs with PL stadiums - or stadiums tha can be improved to that level - is a short list. In fact, I'd argue we are the only club on it.
    70m was 55m asking price plus 18m in debt that I thought you mentioned earlier but I may have read that wrong, apologies.

Regarding the ground, yeah, I think that's fair if being in London is the objective. And you're right, not only are we in London but we're in a good part of London.
    I wouldn't say Charlton was an especially good part of London, the transport links aren't as good as some other clubs and the location doesn't have the glamour that Fulham and Chelsea have
    Ah hem, transport links would be excellent if we had a ground at the Peninsular and the glamour also.
    Can't believe no one has started a "what if they move us away from the Valley?" Scare yet.
    Next to Sydney Opera House is my guess.

Next to Swiss Cottage tube I heard
    I have spent the last few hours trying to connect this cryptic comment to the Red Bull rumour.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

drewman said:

drewman said:

How depressing.

Given that we are down to discussing the relative merits of our sellable youth products because there isn't the slightest sniff of a rumour or any gossip which suggests that a sale process is even possible, let alone imminent, it appears that my estrangement from my football club is likely to continue for the foreseeable future....

It feels strange. Normally, I would be eagerly poring through any possible transfer rumours in eager anticipation of a squad being assembled with the potential to bring us glory next season....but this summer, I haven't even looked at the transfer thread once, and I can't see myself doing so, either. I'm just not interested in the machinations being orchestrated (or not) by a manager and administration that I feel no affinity or affection for and I just wish would disappear and never come back.

As it stands, this is not my club anymore....it's like watching a horror movie where a familiar old friend has been transformed into a slavering, mindless zombie. As a diseased and decaying CAFC limply staggers along in search of brains (which would be profits for RD if I'm going to pursue this tortured analogy) I simply cannot recognise it as my dear, cherished, contented and proud friend that was once so full of life....not least because it stinks pretty badly - a rather off-putting, foetid stench of rot, misery and death which I (and many others it seems) find utterly repellent. Quite simply, I don't recognise it anymore.

I look forward to the day when the curse is lifted and I get my beloved friend back . Sadly, it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon...

Its a strange day when I looked forward more to the Bromley fixtures coming out than the Charlton ones and I'm jealous of Leyton Orient. Let me rephrase that. I am envious of a non league club because they have promising new ownership. Just fuck off Roland and give me my club back.
    I know what you mean, but they are 17th in The National League. I wouldn't want to swap places thank-you.

True but as you yourself said to Meire we're similar in size to half a dozen clubs in the Premier League
    And smaller than a lot of clubs in the Championship (Leeds, Forest, Derby, Boro, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Villa, etc).

"Size" and history don't matter much these days. Gate receipts only make for a portion of income. It's TV money and whether or not you have an owner willing to pump money into the club like Bournemouth or Leicester or Watford, etc. I just worry about us thinking we have a devine right to being in the Premier League.
    Location matters a huge amount though. As does having a stadium which is ready for the Premier League. If you want to play the PL game, there are necessarily a finite number of clubs you can buy and a very limited number in London.
    A fair point regarding London, though I believe all of the aforementioned have grounds that have hosted Premier League games.

It's not that I think we're unattractive entirely, it's just I'm not convinced we're 70m pounds just for the acquisition attractive.
    Where does £70m come from though? The point about the stadium is not that, say, Derby don't have one, but that the likely to be available London clubs with PL stadiums - or stadiums tha can be improved to that level - is a short list. In fact, I'd argue we are the only club on it.
    70m was 55m asking price plus 18m in debt that I thought you mentioned earlier but I may have read that wrong, apologies.

Regarding the ground, yeah, I think that's fair if being in London is the objective. And you're right, not only are we in London but we're in a good part of London.
    I wouldn't say Charlton was an especially good part of London, the transport links aren't as good as some other clubs and the location doesn't have the glamour that Fulham and Chelsea have
    Ah hem, transport links would be excellent if we had a ground at the Peninsular and the glamour also.
    Can't believe no one has started a "what if they move us away from the Valley?" Scare yet.

Are you being cryptic Henners ? Very naughty.

Not at all, just a good central London location like Gerrard St.
    Also, is there a connection between Red Bull and Gerrard Street?
  • mrbligh said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

drewman said:

drewman said:

How depressing.

I have spent the last few hours trying to connect this cryptic comment to the Red Bull rumour.
    Switzerland is next to Austria

Cottaging is a gay slang term for doing the sex in a public lav. A man with a big one is often referred to as a bull

You are welcome
    I bet you can do the Times crossword in 10 mins every day.
  • mrbligh said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

drewman said:

drewman said:

How depressing.

Switzerland is next to Austria

Cottaging is a gay slang term for doing the sex in a public lav. A man with a big one is often referred to as a bull

You are welcome
    I bet you can do the Times crossword in 10 mins every day.
    I'm the author mate
  • Raland Dashitterlay.
  • seth plum said:

Maybe this.

Orange bull?
  • J BLOCK said:

Dazzler21 said:

cafc999 said:

Totally disagree. Can't be bothered to list everything's she's done and said as I'm hungover. But she is a huge problem and is in no way 'just a symptom'
    I know she's awful at her job but to an extent she is just a symptom. If we didn't have Roland, we wouldn't have Daisy.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!