Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Redhenry said:

The bidder I got the info from wasn't Muir. I don't think the winning bid is from the party i referred to.

@Redhenry,are the party you referred to the 2nd of the 'interested' parties that RM alluded to earlier in the week? Do you know anything of the winning bid? Many thanks.
    If its been done, i don't think its the bidder i was told about.
  • Options
    What time does the Aussie Express leave to get to home games?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

The bidder I got the info from wasn't Muir. I don't think the winning bid is from the party i referred to.

@Redhenry,are the party you referred to the 2nd of the 'interested' parties that RM alluded to earlier in the week? Do you know anything of the winning bid? Many thanks.
    If its been done, i don't think its the bidder i was told about.
    Ok. Thank you.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Why not go simple:

Charlton Athletic
    The Customers GOT ROLAND OUT!
    Surely : - )

But seriously, I think simple is better. Up to Mutley as he's paying for it

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Who the F are MORI?

The syrupped up Jewish bloke in Goodfellas. Got chivved in the back of his Gregory by Joe Pesci.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I'll always be uneasy about the club while the people who called for the Jimmy Seed Stand to be renamed (because I wouldn't promote the refurbishment of the sign) still have a seat at the top table.

It might sound like I'm being over-sensitive, but that was quite a difficult episode for me. My decision was based on the fact that I felt I was being used by the management team to show they were engaging with the fans, and I withdrew accordingly. Of course I'm proud of JS and want his legacy to be celebrated, and I would enjoy being a link to the club's past, but not at any expense.

You'd think a fresh start is what the club needs, but there are people around who detested the protests, and who blame 'certain people' (a phrase borrowed from a certain Facebook page) for running a campaign against an owner they clearly still feel has been unfairly wronged.

@JamesSeed care to name names
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

I'll always be uneasy about the club while the people who called for the Jimmy Seed Stand to be renamed (because I wouldn't promote the refurbishment of the sign) still have a seat at the top table.

It might sound like I'm being over-sensitive, but that was quite a difficult episode for me. My decision was based on the fact that I felt I was being used by the management team to show they were engaging with the fans, and I withdrew accordingly. Of course I'm proud of JS and want his legacy to be celebrated, and I would enjoy being a link to the club's past, but not at any expense.

You'd think a fresh start is what the club needs, but there are people around who detested the protests, and who blame 'certain people' (a phrase borrowed from a certain Facebook page) for running a campaign against an owner they clearly still feel has been unfairly wronged.

Don't think your being over-sensitive at all. Should be a true fresh start and all associated with the poisonous regime should leave
  • Options

bobmunro said:

From his website:

From his desire to act on Australia’s growing obesity program, Andrew Muir established The Good Foundation, a not-for-profit organisation that develops and runs programs and projects that promote good health and nutrition and with the assistance of The Good Guys, brought Jamie’s Ministry of Food to Australia.

Vol-au-vents are off the menu!

Clear soup ( hot water with a dash of lemon) accompanied by Ryvita - starter.

Braised lettuce on a bed of lettuce leaves, cucumber gravy with a reduced celery dressing - main course

Unsweetened water ice with a hint of melon - dessert.

Green tea to round off the gourmet meal.

POTY menu for those that are interested .....

( Might be worth keeping Sunday 6th May free.......More later)

:smile:

Sounds delish. Put me down for two tickets :smiley:

• Options
    421. Marley's out.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I wouldn’t like to see a witch hunt, there’s one possibly two, I’d like not to see again. One of which due to his incompetence is likely to be out on his ear whether he likes it or not with descent owners in place.
    Lets get back to being a football club.
  • Options

I’m confused as to why a “done deal” is not now a completed deal. The fit and proper person test can’t be an issue surely. It’s a non process.

Does anyone know how the FPPT is conducted by the Football League? Do they have a panel of representatives from their member clubs that adjudicate on such things?

Knowing our luck the Massives' CEO would be on the panel and they're still waiting for that person to show up.
    I believe its a self declaration. I.e. Are you a criminal?

Are you currently being investigated for any financial misconduct?

If you answer no to both you're in.
    Pretty much, also to have proof of funds of 18 months of running costs for the club. That’s it apparently.
  • Options

I’m confused as to why a “done deal” is not now a completed deal. The fit and proper person test can’t be an issue surely. It’s a non process.

Does anyone know how the FPPT is conducted by the Football League? Do they have a panel of representatives from their member clubs that adjudicate on such things?

Knowing our luck the Massives' CEO would be on the panel and they're still waiting for that person to show up.
    I believe its a self declaration. I.e. Are you a criminal?

Are you currently being investigated for any financial misconduct?

If you answer no to both you're in.
    Pretty much, also to have proof of funds of 18 months of running costs for the club. That’s it apparently.
    I think its more a case of not replying on letter headed note paper marked. HMP Belmarsh and you in........... ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2018

JamesSeed said:

It was a classic example of Meire et al wanting to claim credit for little (they were trying to claim credit before the sign was even up, remember) and then getting upset when people saw through their sham.

In the end the sign was replaced but as you know @JamesSeed it took a long time to convince the then board (who were Charlton fans) to re-dedicate the Jimmy Seed stand back in the 1990s.

Compare to the Sam Bartram gate sign which was replaced this season and I don't think it was even mentioned by the OS or cafctwitter when it should have been. That was a shame as it was a good piece of work, well done.

But I would say a wife is not the husband and one is doing a good job for the club and has done so for many years. The other should have realised the damage they were doing to the club and their partner and shut up but they couldn't/wouldn't. So one must reap what they sowed. The other should be allowed to get on with their job.
    Spot on. I can't remember who's idea it was have a Jimmy Seed Stand originally, back in '81, but you were the driving force behind the re-dedication in the August '96 - I remember it well. It cost me a very rare book if memory serves me!
    We drew 1-1 with West Brom (Leaburn). The crowd was 9,642 just below the season average.
    When my mum did the unveiling at half time the West Brom fans all applauded. Have had a soft spot for The Baggies ever since. We also both have obscure nicknames.

Sorry to take this thread off course. It's been straight as an arrow up to now.image
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    I'm going to try to get a high res or vectorised version of the Covered End Choir and add to attached. We can all change this or that, but I think trying to add everything made it far too cluttered.

If anybody can help me get a decent version of this badge - the one on the protest shirt with the robin on a beach ball - please let me know.
  • Options

Sorry to put a downer on all your enthusiasm but am I the only one who is still a bit apprehensive to the news announced yesterday?

Apart form 3 or 4 tweeted messages suggesting we have a "done deal" we have nothing else to go on apart from what we have always had in this thread i.e. speculation, jokes and piss taking.

Surely if a deal was "done" yesterday, by that I mean a hand shake between all parties then we would have heard more. As with all deals like this nobody is interested when the lawyers get the paperwork signed, all we what we want to see is the new owner with a Charlton scarf round his neck.

I am sure a lot of us have heard of, or experienced the sale of a house falling through on the day the new buyer was supposed to move in or a business deal collapsing at the last minute.

I get the feeling we are not as close as some people think and looking at the excitement those tweets have generated on here some people seem to be getting ahead of themselves.

I hope I am way off the mark and scarfy is paraded soon, however as a boycotter I refuse to consider what game I will be attending next until the sale of the club is signed, sealed and the new owner has revealed him/herself.

In any event the FL have to approve the deal. You could argue it isn't done until that has happened but what I am taking about is the point at which a buyer and seller reach agreement. We have not been here before.

One insurance against the deal failing to reach completion is that there are clearly two potential buyers here and consequently I don't think there's much chance of both walking away/falling through.
    Knowing our luck there's every chance both will fall through.

• Options

I'm going to try to get a high res or vectorised version of the Covered End Choir and add to attached. We can all change this or that, but I think trying to add everything made it far too cluttered.

If anybody can help me get a decent version of this badge - the one on the protest shirt with the robin on a beach ball - please let me know.

Just messaged you
  • Options

Can we put this up at the top of the covered end?
  • Options
    Tim Cahill was pictured watching the Spanners a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if he’s involved ...
  • Options

Sorry to put a downer on all your enthusiasm but am I the only one who is still a bit apprehensive to the news announced yesterday?

Apart form 3 or 4 tweeted messages suggesting we have a "done deal" we have nothing else to go on apart from what we have always had in this thread i.e. speculation, jokes and piss taking.

Surely if a deal was "done" yesterday, by that I mean a hand shake between all parties then we would have heard more. As with all deals like this nobody is interested when the lawyers get the paperwork signed, all we what we want to see is the new owner with a Charlton scarf round his neck.

I am sure a lot of us have heard of, or experienced the sale of a house falling through on the day the new buyer was supposed to move in or a business deal collapsing at the last minute.

I get the feeling we are not as close as some people think and looking at the excitement those tweets have generated on here some people seem to be getting ahead of themselves.

I hope I am way off the mark and scarfy is paraded soon, however as a boycotter I refuse to consider what game I will be attending next until the sale of the club is signed, sealed and the new owner has revealed him/herself.

In any event the FL have to approve the deal. You could argue it isn't done until that has happened but what I am taking about is the point at which a buyer and seller reach agreement. We have not been here before.

One insurance against the deal failing to reach completion is that there are clearly two potential buyers here and consequently I don't think there's much chance of both walking away/falling through.
    Fascinating: who's actually buying the club, or are you not in a position to say as usual?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Tim Cahill was pictured watching the Spanners a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if he’s involved ...

Because he was about to re-sign for them. Which he did

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!