Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited May 2017

CAFCsayer said:

FAVADDICK said:

Would like to know where you have herd this from please just don't get people's hopes up what more do you know ??

Don't know anything else other than the fact that they are actively appointing London-based firms
    Actively appointing London based firms to do what exactly ?
    Still waiting for the answer to this question.
  • CAFCsayer said:

FAVADDICK said:

Would like to know where you have herd this from please just don't get people's hopes up what more do you know ??

Don't know anything else other than the fact that they are actively appointing London-based firms
    Actively appointing London based firms to do what exactly ?
    Still waiting for the answer to this question.
    Are you serious. Have you seen the car park pot holes ?

• edited May 2017
    http://www.australianfc.com.au/

I don't know if this has changed recently but it reads as if it is actually aimed at us.

Has anyone actually emailed henslow? Did the Trust? I wonder how much you'd have to invest to get involved?
  • http://www.australianfc.com.au/

I don't know if this has changed recently but it reads as if it is actually aimed at us.

Has anyone actually emailed henslow? Did the Trust? I wonder how much you'd have to invest to get involved?

It does. It also sounds like a deal could be close.
  • Only a fool would want to buy Charlton at the moment. Thanks to KM we have a number of players on ridiculous contracts , who wants to take them on ? The club is worth about £1 with the ongoing losses any new owners will be saddled with. Have a good summer but don't have any expectations for next season unless we can fill the subs bench with You tubers
  • http://www.australianfc.com.au/

It changed a while ago some point after the article linking us. Looked like it was changed based on the reaction of our fans.
  • Scoham said:

http://www.australianfc.com.au/

It changed a while ago some point after the article linking us. Looked like it was changed based on the reaction of our fans.</blockquot

Better react again then to ensure the Valley is part of any deal !
  • edited May 2017
    The statement does seem to go out of its way to address the exact issues we have faced with RD/KM in charge here. Doesnt mean theyre buying us, but it it might be a way to get supporters onside. This paragraph sounds great:
    "It is also important to note that AFC is keenly aware and understands the importance of the fans in English football. We are committed to our responsibility to honour and respect the history and tradition of the club and ensure that the fans are respected as key stakeholders in the process."
    ....let hope they stay true to this.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

The statement does seem to go out of its way to address the exact issues we have faced with RD/KM in charge here. Doesnt mean theyre buying us, but it it might be a way to get supporters onside. This paragraph sounds great:

"It is also important to note that AFC is keenly aware and understands the importance of the fans in English football. We are committed to our responsibility to honour and respect the history and tradition of the club and ensure that the fans are respected as key stakeholders in the process."

Is this paragraph new? or has it always been there
  • 100 posts because someone said it's still on. Some of you lot need to grow up.
  • CAFCTrev said:

It almost as if they have thought about the fans before they buy a club

I assume RD has some sort of autistic traits.
  • J BLOCK said:

CAFCTrev said:

Is this paragraph new? or has it always been there

I'm unsure if it's changed again, but when I read it a few weeks ago, I thought it was the perfect description of Charlton.

However, is it also the perfect description of other clubs ?
  • CAFCTrev said:

colthe3rd said:

100 posts because someone said it's still on. Some of you lot need to grow up.

Someones a grumpysocks??
    Piss off Trev.
  • colthe3rd said:

CAFCTrev said:

colthe3rd said:

Someones a grumpysocks??
    Piss off Trev.
    I cant tell if youre serious.....
  • CAFCTrev said:

colthe3rd said:

CAFCTrev said:

colthe3rd said:

Someones a grumpysocks??
    Piss off Trev.
    Don't call me Shirley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing new here !
  • colthe3rd said:

CAFCTrev said:

colthe3rd said:

CAFCTrev said:

colthe3rd said:

Someones a grumpysocks??
    Piss off Trev.
    Don't call me Shirley.
    Miss Temple it is then
  • edited May 2017
    Lots of Kings Of Wishful Thinking here.

If, and it's a big if, the club got back to the Premier League it would be necessary to add seats to the ground to maximise profits. Not only would this cost a lot of money it would be vital to own the ground to finance the investment.

The scope to extend the east stand is limited by the housing development recently completed.
  • If the ground was ever extended it would be The Jimmy Seed Stand.
  • edited May 2017

If the ground was ever extended it would be The Jimmy Seed Stand.

As I understand it (probably way off) the plans that were previously submitted included plans for the East. I believe it involved making the current stand just seating (so removing the current corporate boxes) and adding a second smaller tier with just corporate boxes. Much more and better boxes than we currently have. From what I am led to believe our corporate boxes etc. are what we lackbwheb compared to other clubs of our size. The development also involved filling in the corners of the Jimmy seed end and a new Jimmy seed stand.

Edited because since my phone updated autocorrect seems unable to cancel out my day thumbs...
  • If the ground was ever extended it would be The Jimmy Seed Stand.

As I understand it (probably way off) tge plans thatvwere previously submitted included please for the East. I believe it involved making the current stand just seating (so removing the current corporate boxes) and adding a second smaller tier with just corporate boxes. Much more and better boxes than we currently have. From what I am led to believe our corporate boxes etc. are what we lackbwheb compared to other clubs of our size. The development also involved filling in the corners of the Jimmy seed end and a new Jimmy seed stand.
    I'm sure you could extend the East Stand backwards by using the space currently being used as the concourse, and then housing any new concourse within the new stand (or, simply put, making a roof over the concourse) - a bit like the Kop (if you've ever been to Anfield), which has the top tier extending out so far over the road outside. You then make the South (sorry, The Jimmy Seed Stand) larger & fill in the corners ala the North. I reckon you could make an extra 7-10k seats this way & I don't think we need much more than 35-40k capacity anyway.
  • Best option for the east stand imo is to go for terraced safe standing in a lower tier with a second tier above which extends back to the perimeter. Would need to keep the concourse the same size as now for the increased capacity but would be Undercover.

Could reduce the very high take angle on both upper and lower tiers
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!