Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I'm convinced that we have another season with Roland and squirrel.
    I'm going to leave it as late as possible see what sort of players we will bring in, if I'm not happy with this transfer window i shall buy a season ticket at Bromley and not come back until Roland sells.
  • Although the Aussie thing is the approach that came out publicly, via the Mail, it was never the only or main interest, or the basis of the club being for sale. Information on that has come from a number of directions, but the question has remained as posed on the front of the Voice - who will pay Duchatelet's price? At the moment there is no answer to that, but I am quite clear that he is willing to sell.

So I wonder if Peter Varney has been in contact with RD, assuming the party he was representing are still interested.
  • Although the Aussie thing is the approach that came out publicly, via the Mail, it was never the only or main interest, or the basis of the club being for sale. Information on that has come from a number of directions, but the question has remained as posed on the front of the Voice - who will pay Duchatelet's price? At the moment there is no answer to that, but I am quite clear that he is willing to sell.

Apart from anything else, he will lose another £10m in 17/18 and another £10m in 18/19, whatever division we are in. The longer that goes on, the greater the incentive to reach a deal. He can mitigate those year-on-year losses but he will never turn them around.

Any word on anyone getting closer to a deal rick?
  • J BLOCK said:

Although the Aussie thing is the approach that came out publicly, via the Mail, it was never the only or main interest, or the basis of the club being for sale. Information on that has come from a number of directions, but the question has remained as posed on the front of the Voice - who will pay Duchatelet's price? At the moment there is no answer to that, but I am quite clear that he is willing to sell.

Apart from anything else, he will lose another £10m in 17/18 and another £10m in 18/19, whatever division we are in. The longer that goes on, the greater the incentive to reach a deal. He can mitigate those year-on-year losses but he will never turn them around.

The opposite, from what I have heard, although AFAIK the recent interest had nothing to do with Varney. I spent some time with him earlier this week and he Isn't in contact with RD.
  • Great so the lunatics are still staying in the asylum
  • Great so the lunatics are still staying in the asylum

No surprise. The signs, as I have assumed on previous threads, is that change is still a season away.
  • Sponsored links:

• The last two time we were taken over were mid season weren't they?
  • Well if we are to have another non-competing season with Roland and Daisy I take a small amount of comfort knowing the club will worth less this time next year. Unless they have learnt from their 3 years of previous mistakes, which is highly unlikely.
  • edited May 2017

J BLOCK said:

Although the Aussie thing is the approach that came out publicly, via the Mail, it was never the only or main interest, or the basis of the club being for sale. Information on that has come from a number of directions, but the question has remained as posed on the front of the Voice - who will pay Duchatelet's price? At the moment there is no answer to that, but I am quite clear that he is willing to sell.

The opposite, from what I have heard, although AFAIK the recent interest had nothing to do with Varney. I spent some time with him earlier this week and he Isn't in contact with RD.
    Is that 'getting less likely of a deal' altogether or just with the aussies?

Has Roly changed his mind again...
    Either way, it's so disheartening
  • I reckon at around January when we are again I'm mid table or worse and they realise we have no way of going up he will decide it's not worth carrying on. He will drastically cut costs even further but he was also drop his price
  • So no interested buyers at the moment then? Have the Aussies completely disappeared?

The trouble is any new owner won't be in a vastly different situation & some clubs lose a lot more.

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/national/146216-championship-club-club
  • edited May 2017

The trouble is any new owner won't be in a vastly different situation & some clubs lose a lot more.

in my opinion the club will only be sold to someone with realistic ambitions of getting into the Premier League - it's the only way the circle can be squared. Duchatelet will never make that commitment and consequently he'll have to do a deal with someone who will or burn more and more money until he dies.

I think the Mail overstated the Australian interest, because they failed to uncover what else was going on. Hence they saw some of the signs but attributed them all to the one party.

in my opinion the club will only be sold to someone with realistic ambitions of getting into the Premier League - it's the only way the circle can be squared. Duchatelet will never make that commitment and consequently he'll have to do a deal with someone who will or burn more and more money until he dies.

I think the Mail overstated the Australian interest, because they failed to uncover what else was going on. Hence they saw some of the signs but attributed them all to the one party.
    what @Airman Brown ? Are you accusing that reputable establishment the Daily Mail of shoddy journalism? I'm shocked. Shocked.
  • Got me all excited when this reappeared, although it's a great opportunity for someone to repost that great It's Happening gif of Sue Parkes. Surely one of the posts of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Still firmly on the cards as of this morning... Roland wants to keep the ground but the good news is Aussie's "questioning this and trying to come to a compromise". Deal looks likely.

Nice one, good source?
  • Please God let it happen
  • Fuck a compromise, just get the old git out!
    He take take Katrien and her 'Baby-GAP' clobber with him!
  • Thanks cafc sayer, hope is still there.
  • Fingers, arms, legs crossed.
  • Can't take much more of this stuff . . . just don't see it happening. I propose we close this bloody thread unless or until there is something factual to report instead of all this hot air.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!