Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    robroy said:

Redhenry said:

Heard that no one is getting near RD's asking price.

That is the best news I've heard for days.

The more potential buyers who say "You're having a laugh, mate, it ain't worth that in a million years" (or whatever the South African, Aussie, Middle-Eastern, Swiss equivalent is) the closer we get to Roland realising that he can't play one party off against another or wait for a better offer.

OK, this is Roland and he doesn't do logic but he clearly expected to have had the deal done by now or he would have replaced Meire.

Repeated knock backs hitting him square in the face might just wake him up to the reality of the situation.
    We are only 1% of his assets though, so I doubt he will be losing any sleep over us. He look's at us fans with contempt, so will want to stitch us up as revenge.

Well that's my take on it.
    Agreed - and anyone viewing the news that those interested aren't getting anywhere near the price as good, are more interested in Roly losing money than Charlton progressing.

BTW - Mcleish appears to have morphed into a cross between Anne Robinson and Elton John and the Muir bloke (the Scot not the tenuously linked Aussie behind the tenuously evidenced DD last year) looks like he's been over doing the sauce.
  • Options

RD has definitely got that Belgium / Dutch attitude that he thinks he knows f$ckin everything and won't be told by anyone and I worry that that rubs people (potential buyers) up the wrong way before they even start talking about what day the binmen come etc..

True enough. My old boss was Dutch and he was a Fukwit of the highest order.

Didn't take too well to being told that though.
    My experience with both the Belgian and Dutch is completely the opposite. They’re some of the kindest and warmest people I’ve ever met.
    I worked for an Anglo Dutch company for many years. The normal everyday people,shop floor types were as good as gold and a great laugh. Anyone with any sort of authority however was belligerent and more often than not mad as a box of frogs.
    I used to put it down to the Amsterdam air blowing down wind. Crazy people
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

i believe he wants 50mill

Insanity
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Stupid, Stupid old man! What planet does he live on? Does he want to go or not? If he was that desperate to go he would cut and run!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Maybe he should send Daisy an invoice. She's the one who wasted most of that 50mill on new shoes and third rate strikers!
  • Options
    I thought he was looking at £44m? Or does this not include the ex Directors Debentures?
  • Options
    Its either a very tough negotiating stance or he must believe that he got the club on the cheap due to the distressed nature of the sale / lack of selling nouse?
  • Options
    If your thinking of buying the club, and see RD is selling yet more players, why would you try and push it through this season? no hope of promotion, its just dead wages. Drag it out till May and then start a fresh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If your thinking of buying the club, and see RD is selling yet more players, why would you try and push it through this season? no hope of promotion, its just dead wages. Drag it out till May and then start a fresh.

because if you want to be signing players in the summer the leg work starts now.

• Options
    Roland is to football what Jedward are to popular music.

Hope this helps and contributes to the thread.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

so have the people you have said are interested walked away now or are they still interested
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Heard that no one is getting near RD's asking price.

Is that a surprise?
  • Options
    He won't sell unless he gets the price he wants. We are gonna be stuck with this clown for a while yet. No one is going to pay over the odds for a League One club no matter how good the academy or the training facilities being built.

If RD had any brains he'd invest a little (not much is needed) to try and get promotion then he can bump his minimum acceptable offer up for a team in a better position. But no this clown would rather save money and wait for some super rich consortium to come in and give him what he wants.

Yes we know he wants to sell, but he won't sell in the cheap.
  • Options
    Can see this all reaching a boiling point , when EK and RH are sold under KR's and not replaced, KR has already hinted if this happens he will sod off, leaving a complete mess ,future buyers pulling out and RD panicks and brings back Guy Luzon
  • Options
    This £50,000,000 figure; wasn't he quoted post-Katrien that this was the figure he wanted, but he's now prepared to accept lower bids? Or did I imagine that completely?
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

This £50,000,000 figure; wasn't he quoted post-Katrien that this was the figure he wanted, but he's now prepared to accept lower bids? Or did I imagine that completely?

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15801733.Duchatelet_prepared_to_lower_asking_price_for_Charlton_as_takeover_talks_continue/

according the the News Shopper article hes prepared to lower the asking price

22,000,000 + debt was suggested earlier this week on here
  • Options

cabbles said:

I just received a text backing up bobs info. Deal is/was days from completion but now probably weeks away.

Haven’t read last 3 pages so possibly old news but the reason for the delay? Australians suddenly became more interested at the start of the week and were even there Tuesday which was interesting as they were believed to have pulled out last week.

My mate knows nothing about the Aussie finances but doesn’t believe the McLeish consortium have the funding for a Prem push, more like debt consolidation with the hope of reaching the champ. Muir would be the man reducing the debt and McLeish would be more likely to be director of football than manager.

Also said he believes Roland mucked other parties about in favour of this one, possibly spite if they have the least money. But Aussies are still around but keeping a much lower profile than McLeish and Donald. The Aussies originally backing off probably resulted in McLeish showing his face believing the deal was done.

Fee of around 22mil plus repayable debt.

This is what I can’t get my head round. Someone’s gonna pay £22m and about £30m worth of debt just to consolidate/pay that down and get us in the champ where we will likely rack up losses, maybe just marginally less.

Maybe I’m being too simplistic here but what’s the end game in that? I’m not digging you out at all here @cafcfan1990 just trying to work out the maths

Also I get the Muir apt at Rangers because it was Lloyd’s sending their man into look after/retrieve as much of their money that they could.

Buying us for £22m plus debt makes no sense at all to me

Buying us for £15-20m as a £1m a month loss making entity does make sense if you can afford to fund that and try and get in the prem to eventually recoup the money

Debt consolidation as a potential championship club just seems odd. To pay £50m for that investment is really baffling
    They won’t be paying 30mil of debt, from what I can gather the most they will be paying for the club is about 35mil if/when debt repaid.

I believe they are willing to pay 22mil up front with some upon promotion. Not sure if this is to Champ or only prem. No idea about the current ex directors debt either.

From what I can gather, other interested parties are willing to pay roughly the same up front. This party we’re willing to owe RD a bit, hence why they are his favourite if you like.

One bit of good news is that none of the deals involve RD holding any assets/property back. Possibly owe him repayments but at least he will be gone for good :)
    Sounds better - thanks mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Can see this all reaching a boiling point , when EK and RH are sold under KR's and not replaced, KR has already hinted if this happens he will sod off, leaving a complete mess ,future buyers pulling out and RD panicks and brings back Guy Luzon

There certainly is potential for that; but it could also go the other way. Considering we know Roland is remaining stubborn and greedy, he's still asking for offers that are unrealistic, and has informed Robbo that there could well be some outward players this month.

If Robbo loses players - and I'm thinking you're likely right, EK and RH - then I think Robbo will be a big indicator of how likely a quick sale will come.

(a) If he leaves - and he has every right to - then he obviously doesn't see any immediate relief, and he'll have his excuses lined up for his next interview;
    (b) If he stays - which is unlikely IMO - then I'd guess a takeover is so close that he doesn't mind losing face for a bit, and thinks he can wait it out - perhaps even with time for reinforcements in the window.

Should he leave, then I think you're right - we could well be up the creek. Once again though, the two possibilities would be:

(a) Distress sale; Roland cuts his losses having sold a few players, knows that things are in disarray, and fucks off;
    (b) Full steam ahead; Roland continues on this journey, perhaps with the thought process of "there's been over 4 interested parties so far, another will come along soon..".

I think (b) is more likely, because.. back to the beginning - he's both greedy and stubborn, and he has a refusal to admit failure.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Regarding player sales; am I correct in thinking that Roland can essentially remove money gained via player sales from the company - via Staprix - by allocating the funds as a repayment on the debt/loan(s)?

Does make me wonder whether he'd reduce the price post-sales. (Although, from a buyers point of view I understand that this is all zero-sum: any assets sold to reduce the cost will have to be replaced at - likely - a higher cost.)
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

LuckyReds said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15801733.Duchatelet_prepared_to_lower_asking_price_for_Charlton_as_takeover_talks_continue/

This can only be a positive thing surely. I don't get all the negativity. I think we all just need to be a little patient.
  • Options

cafcwill said:

LuckyReds said:

This can only be a positive thing surely. I don't get all the negativity. I think we all just need to be a little patient.
    Thanks Russell.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Regarding player sales; am I correct in thinking that Roland can essentially remove money gained via player sales from the company - via Staprix - by allocating the funds as a repayment on the debt/loan(s)?

Does make me wonder whether he'd reduce the price post-sales. (Although, from a buyers point of view I understand that this is all zero-sum: any assets sold to reduce the cost will have to be replaced at - likely - a higher cost.)

More likely he'll sell to cover the loses in financial year July 17 to June 18.

He wants to sell, others want to buy. The issue now is how much.

That's why none of the buyers meeting his unrealistic price is important. It means he can't start a bidding war.
  • Options
    @Redhenry what's the nationality of your (wealthy) buyers then? Come on. Spill the beans!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!