Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Australia
    Switzerland
    Quwait
    Saudi Arabia
    China
    Belgium
    Scotland
    Greece
    England
    Netherlands

This is a well travelled thread.
  • Options
    Are players considered assets though? Like buildings, equipment, merchandise etc?

Are they not just employees paid by the club? Surely they have employment rights like most of us?

If somebody in the ticket office hands in their notice and wants out of their employment contract does the club refuse just because of an ongoing takeover?

Genuinely don’t know the difference etc so would be good to get some insight.
  • Options
    In a nutshell Seller asks for X, and potential Buyer/s offer Y...
  • Options

Australia
    Switzerland
    Quwait
    Saudi Arabia
    China
    Belgium
    Scotland
    Greece
    England
    Netherlands

You missed out South Africa
  • Options
    kafka said:

Australia
    Switzerland
    Quwait
    Saudi Arabia
    China
    Belgium
    Scotland
    Greece
    England
    Netherlands

And Switzerland
  • Options
    How much does everyone think the club’s worth? Don’t think anyone’s mentioned that yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018

kafka said:

Australia
    Switzerland
    Quwait
    Saudi Arabia
    China
    Belgium
    Scotland
    Greece
    England
    Netherlands

And Switzerland
    And let’s not forgot the aliens who had the ability to jump 10 feet from a standing position, thus making height a non issue at the negotiating table.
    Talks broke down early doors, as they wanted to bring in their own coaching staff.
  • Options
    Why no public statement as to where everything stands? What happened to media cover for Meire
  • Options

So the vultures are circling!! - Ricky off to Sheffield, Konsa potentially to Everton, who else may RD sell? Other clubs will come in for our players, and get them as well, as RD oversees a fire sale. Other clubs know RD has pulled up the drawbridge and is happy to sell but not buy, after-all he wants to get out of CAFC, he cant get what he is asking for, so he sells as much as possible, player wise, to recoup some of his own losses made by his own bad decisions!!!
    We are in for a rocky ride over the next few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if KR walks soon, and all the while RD stays in control, Richard Murray stays quiet and watches the club be destroyed even further. When RD goes I hope RM does as well, I've never said anything against him (RM), but now enough is enough. We need a fresh start and very very soon.
    Whoever is looking ti buy us, please come and buy us now, before he destroys what is left of our once great club....PLEASE!!

Kashi to Metz?
  • Options

It is common practice during the discussions of any takeover for there to be no material change in assets (includes players). On occasion the parties can agree some movement but that is normally between just 2 parties.

There are apparently four groups expressing interest and thus consensus across all interested parties would be difficult to achieve.

I imagine that in football things work slightly differently, in that there are transfer windows for players, whereas for other assets (building, land etc) they can be bought or sold anytime.

The price of the club will presumably be adjusted downwards, though this depends I guess on whether the Holmes fee is used to reduce the debt to Roland or whether it is left in the club as cash

• Options

So the vultures are circling!! - Ricky off to Sheffield, Konsa potentially to Everton, who else may RD sell? Other clubs will come in for our players, and get them as well, as RD oversees a fire sale. Other clubs know RD has pulled up the drawbridge and is happy to sell but not buy, after-all he wants to get out of CAFC, he cant get what he is asking for, so he sells as much as possible, player wise, to recoup some of his own losses made by his own bad decisions!!!
    We are in for a rocky ride over the next few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if KR walks soon, and all the while RD stays in control, Richard Murray stays quiet and watches the club be destroyed even further. When RD goes I hope RM does as well, I've never said anything against him (RM), but now enough is enough. We need a fresh start and very very soon.
    Whoever is looking ti buy us, please come and buy us now, before he destroys what is left of our once great club....PLEASE!!

I asked many months back if anyone knew of him being vindictive in his business dealings.....the response was virtually nil.
    I suggested that maybe our Belgian 20 guys out there could find out if he has been known to shaft anyone merely out of vengeance.....once again there was no response.
    Maybe we are about to find out!

• Options
    No Carruthers in the Sheffield United squad.
  • Options

If the senile old scrote is still our owner next season I will not renew my season ticket.
    I wasn't going to this season but weakened at the last minute.
    If he is still here next season I will not weaken again.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF

This
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

If the senile old scrote is still our owner next season I will not renew my season ticket.

This
    Can I interest you in a black and scarf @Redhenry ?
    Yes
    I'll see if I can find a spare and bring it to the lib v Walsall
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Redhenry said:

Heard that no one is getting near RD's asking price.

What is the asking price?
    50p and a lb of grapes....
    Adrian Mole reference?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

This
    This again

Enough of this shit , split fan base , club in disarray, totally had enough.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Interesting video of Roland on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
  • Options

Interesting video of Roland on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Great spot, takeover can't be far away surely?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!