Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    You'd take the deal because you can afford the losses, but not the stresses that come with the club.
  • Options

RD has definitely got that Belgium / Dutch attitude that he thinks he knows f$ckin everything and won't be told by anyone and I worry that that rubs people (potential buyers) up the wrong way before they even start talking about what day the binmen come etc..

True enough. My old boss was Dutch and he was a Fukwit of the highest order.

Didn't take too well to being told that though.
    My experience with both the Belgian and Dutch is completely the opposite. They’re some of the kindest and warmest people I’ve ever met.
    I think the problem some people have is that they just say what they mean. There’s no couching it to save your feelings. If they think it’s wrong, they’ll say so. If they think they are right, they’ll say so. But they are generally nice people, and they don’t mind if you take the same attitude to them.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

i believe he wants 50mill

I thought it was announced by some that he was prepared to lower the price, that he was willing to take a haircut on the debt? Seems this was meant literally and he has taken off the ten pounds cost at a local barber's, and obviously doesn't leave tips either.
  • Options
    If there are any outgoing player sales ( Konsa , Holmes ) this month then I think that will tell us there is no imminent takeover. You wouldn't agree to buy a house and then the seller.........................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This isn’t a house, it’s a business. Part of the business is buying/selling players. Especially if the players have release clauses.
  • Options

If there are any outgoing player sales ( Konsa , Holmes ) this month then I think that will tell us there is no imminent takeover. You wouldn't agree to buy a house and then the seller.........................

removes all the light bulbs?
  • Options

This isn’t a house, it’s a business. Part of the business is buying/selling players. Especially if the players have release clauses.

If you're buying a factory and you're negotiating a price of say 30m, then the seller sells off machinery to the value of say 10m during negotiations, you'd probably just walk away.
    At the very least you'd reduce the offer to 20m. So why would the seller bother to sell off the machinery in the first place?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

If you're buying a factory and you're negotiating a price of say 30m, then the seller sells off machinery to the value of say 10m during negotiations, you'd probably just walk away.
    At the very least you'd reduce the offer to 20m. So why would the seller bother to sell off the machinery in the first place?
    I guess it comes back to accounting again. Are players capital expenditure or tradeable assets.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

JamesSeed said:

I guess it comes back to accounting again. Are players capital expenditure or tradeable assets.
    I don't know. My advice comes from a corporate lawyer friend who doubts there can be sales if real negotiations are under way.
    Put it this way, if Konsa and/or Holmes are sold, it's a very bad sign.
  • Options
    Maybe he'll buy Hartlepool and sell us.
  • Options

Blokes 71 years old ffs, you'd think he'd take the most sensible offer and go sit on a beach somewhere drinking cold lager

Never understand what motivates these people TBH. When you've got enough, look after the people you love and go off & enjoy it.
    You've have to be mad to want to go through all this.....
    You said it mlc.................without question, he displays some very significant sociopathic tendencies.
    Whether that actually makes one a sociopath or not is, I guess, debatable.
    At what stage a person is diagnosed as being an actual full blown sociopath I don’t know......but I assume there are different degrees?
    My understanding of sociopathy is that the diagnosis would be antisocial personality disorder. However IMHO he doesn't fit the criteria very closely. People with this type of personalty disorder tend to have been involved with petty crime/violence in their younger years and carry this on into their adult life. They are often highly impulsive and take risks. I would say that Roland's bank balance has been built up by well calculated 'risks'.

He does show signs of narcissism - possibly narcissistic personality disorder. I doubt he'd ever get near a psychiatrist (lucky bugger!) as he's apparently high functioning and pretty stable.
    Interesting stuff tatters......thanks for your opinion.
    He does though show an extraordinary lack of empathy or understanding of others loyalty or emotional attachment......does he not?
    Isn’t that one of the criteria of being a sociopath?
    It is, but it's also common in other disorders. He does, from what little I know about his private life, seem to show loyalty to some - eg Katrien. He's also been married, for a reasonable time as far as I know, and currently has a partner of a few years, suggesting there is some stability in his relationships. I still recon narcissistic personality is a little closer but still doesn't completely fit.

My money's on him just being a complete knob.
    Ah. Just so Dr Tatters. Very observant.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

WAKE UP AND SELL YOU DELUDED OLD SPUNK STAIN!!!!!!

Sorry, It just all gets too much for me sometimes...

Get a grip of yourself man, it’s not going to happen just because you use bold upper case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does he not know that everything is half price in January.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Agreed. If a seller sold two of the most saleable assets without replacing them in the latter stages of a deal, I would immediately reduce my offer on the basis that I as the new owner would have to replace them.
  • Options

It is common practice during the discussions of any takeover for there to be no material change in assets (includes players). On occasion the parties can agree some movement but that is normally between just 2 parties.

There are apparently four groups expressing interest and thus consensus across all interested parties would be difficult to achieve.

The mismatch between the asking price and the offers apparently being made can surely come as no surprise. It is the difference between those who have better understanding of the industry in which they seek to invest and someone who did not and does not.

Duchatelets' utterances on Peter Varney noted elsewhere are testimony to the challenge we face. M.Duchatelet, for all his undoubted talents which have no doubt served him well in the electronics industry, is his own worst enemy when he chooses to apply such talents to other industries.

I recall, when starting in the bank, irregular branch appearances of a Regional Director. Most walked swiftly around the premises with an occasional nod and committed their time to branch management. Just one made a point of stopping to speak to groups of staff.

At one point in the discussions a young lad hesitated to speak whereon the Branch Manager a Mr Edridge chose to step in. "No, no Mr Edridge" interjected the Regional Director, "I hear your views every month, it is important I learn this young mans' views". It is called tier down management.

It is a simple technique of walkabout management I learned from one excellent manager. He would weekly seize on a couple of customer letters and on the pretext of resolving the customers' issues go walkabout through the office to gauge the general well being of his business and the people in it.

One of the difficulties when you climb the ladder is becoming insular and isolated. Duchatelets' comments on Varney originate from one or two voices and one of those is in his head. Strangely I found I invariably agreed with my own thinking.

Compound such thinking with a high appraisal of your own ability to do everything better than anyone else and you find someone who knew he could do his own due diligence, when buying the club, and operate it successfully on the basis of a personal commitment reflecting just 1.5% of his asset portfolio.

The 3 blokes dissertation elsewhere "on a box of rivets & a dead frog" says it all.

The rubber has hit the road. His lieutenant has gone. His 2nd lieutenant is as aged as he his (and I) and long been largely a peripheral figure.

Where we go from here is another question.

The battle is less in terms of the actual events occurring in and around SE7 but within in one mans thinking. The challenge is, as it has been throughout the past 4 yrs, such thinking is based not in any genuine interest of sport but in winning the related financial arguments.

Yesterday's message on the OS was no more than a holding communication simply reaffirming I will go WHEN I DECIDE be it in 1 month or 5 months. If someone meets my terms now then fine but I am prepared to wait.

I suspect he needs, or more appropriately his ego demands, someone to offer him a small financial victory on the way out. What that constitutes and whether any of the interested parties are prepared to accommodate it will determine our future.

We can but hope for the best outcome but there may well be a few more bumps along the road on this particular journey.

My sympathy rests with all of the staff at the club. Uncertainty over their futures is difficult to face and we should recognise the impact it will have on the football management and players. The football clubhouse, it's management and players have throughout this administration operated with a gaping void above them.

The absence of "ownership" and leadership has been breathtaking in its stupidity from the outset. I have known level 8 clubs better structured, more professional and better led.

The void in recent days has grown cataclysmically larger. With the investor as operationally remote and isolated as ever and the peripheral Mr Murray (his silence has been deafening) working to the margins, no matter our personal frustration, the manager, his staff and the players will need our support over what may be a protracted period.

We have clear evidence there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. How long that tunnel is and how dark it may become is still yet to be determined.

We have in different circumstances, in different times, been here before, and together fought through and come out the other side stronger.

We have to believe we can do so again.

Thanks Pete
  • Options

RD has definitely got that Belgium / Dutch attitude that he thinks he knows f$ckin everything and won't be told by anyone and I worry that that rubs people (potential buyers) up the wrong way before they even start talking about what day the binmen come etc..

An early front runner for sweeping generalisation of the year 2018!
    The Dutch are notorious for being that way and the ones I know here are quite happy to point out that Brits are the polar opposite.
  • Options
    Roland is a bellend,
    Roland is a bellend
    La La La La
    La La La La
  • Options
    Cashing in on Holmes before he goes
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!