Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

cfgs said:

Redhenry said:

Heard that no one is getting near RD's asking price.

Fucking hell, this is really gonna drag if thats the case....Feel sorry for KR if im gonest, really hindering his job.
    Yes and no, he is in an awful position but he was warned about working for the mad old goat.
    Yeah i get that, can imagine he walked into the job thinking ''it cant be that bad surely..''?

Found out the hard way it truly is!
    Perhaps if he listened more and spoke less he might learn something.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Not good. It's clearly going to drag on, but hopefully not into the summer.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Have a word @NapaAddick, your club needs you!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Does that not tell him something then?

You can use the old analogy about putting a house up for sale for what you think it’s worth but it’s never going to sell at that price for various reasons.

My message to Roland is hurry up and sell the club and I never, ever want to hear your name mentioned in SE London (or Kent) again.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

That is the best news I've heard for days.

The more potential buyers who say "You're having a laugh, mate, it ain't worth that in a million years" (or whatever the South African, Aussie, Middle-Eastern, Swiss equivalent is) the closer we get to Roland realising that he can't play one party off against another or wait for a better offer.

OK, this is Roland and he doesn't do logic but he clearly expected to have had the deal done by now or he would have replaced Meire.

Repeated knock backs hitting him square in the face might just wake him up to the reality of the situation.
    We are only 1% of his assets though, so I doubt he will be losing any sleep over us. He look's at us fans with contempt, so will want to stitch us up as revenge.

Well that's my take on it.
  • Options

Blokes 71 years old ffs, you'd think he'd take the most sensible offer and go sit on a beach somewhere drinking cold lager

Never understand what motivates these people TBH. When you've got enough, look after the people you love and go off & enjoy it.
    You've have to be mad to want to go through all this.....
    Ive got a couple of very very wealthy mates, both have just turned 50 and could just sell the respective businesses and split their time between their various properties in Spain, Florida and the UK. However the reason they have the wealth is because it is all they live for, its what motivates them, one of them said 'every night when I go to bed Im happy if Ive got a pound more than when I woke up, I wouldn't know what to do with myself without my businesses.'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Over one million views and nine thousand comments and still nothing in black and white. The only things we have are in red and brown.

Just got this joke. Very Clever
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

What is the asking price?
  • Options

Redhenry said:

The more potential buyers who say "You're having a laugh, mate, it ain't worth that in a million years" (or whatever the South African, Aussie, Middle-Eastern, Swiss equivalent is) the closer we get to Roland realising that he can't play one party off against another or wait for a better offer.

OK, this is Roland and he doesn't do logic but he clearly expected to have had the deal done by now or he would have replaced Meire.

Repeated knock backs hitting him square in the face might just wake him up to the reality of the situation.
    problem is he is a delusional rich bugger. he will believe that the club is worth that much and it will take an age to get through his thick skull that it isn't. you could scream at him and show him facts and he would still struggle to believe. hopefully your right and he will wake up to the reality but it might take a long time.

look at his view points on Powell, on Varney, on football and on politics. he doesn't stop thinking absolute nonsense because it helps his ego but at the same time hinders his judgement. his CEO was one that made herself because of his judgement or lack of and I'm sure plenty of others have in the past as well.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

I was thinking how long this could go on before having to replace Meire and Joyes. I mean who is in charge of the day to day running of the Club? I can imagine Dickie getting involved in things like transfers etc but can't see him doing any of the nitty gritty or whatever it was that Meire actually did.

• Options
    I am not bored. We have been working towards this for years now. It is however very frustrating not knowing who, when and what is actually going on and I am disappointed that our club don’t feel able to tell us anything.

Surely someone at our club realises that proper updates re sale, transfer policy (or not) etc is better than Robbo rambling on. He needs support and protection so he can get on with his job - wipe the disappointment from his face and instilled a can do attitude back into the players. The players he has available right now are good enough to give Bury a hiding.

RM; when I say somebody, I actually mean you!
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Possibly and no doubt would surely be the end result.

But RD strikes me as the sort of bloke who is so arrogant he will wait for his price. That won’t come along and so how long do we have to put up with him?

I get the feeling he is happy to accept the initial figure from the McLeish lot, the negotiating is how much debt they will repay and when/how.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

problem is he is a delusional rich bugger. he will believe that the club is worth that much and it will take an age to get through his thick skull that it isn't. you could scream at him and show him facts and he would still struggle to believe. hopefully your right and he will wake up to the reality but it might take a long time.

look at his view points on Powell, on Varney, on football and on politics. he doesn't stop thinking absolute nonsense because it helps his ego but at the same time hinders his judgement. his CEO was one that made herself because of his judgement or lack of and I'm sure plenty of others have in the past as well.
    In the case of Powell etc he was being encouraged by those he foolishly trusted. With 3/4 consortiums of equally successful businessmen all telling him his valuation is wrong then maybe, just maybe, he will take note. Ok, maybe not !
  • Options
    Just sell it for what it's worth Roland and move on with your life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I honestly think he is losing his faculties, so logic and common sense are not drivers for him anymore.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

If your super rich lot are not willing to budge on their price then good that no one else is over paying.

He wants out, he has said so. He can further hair cut his price or he can stay stubborn and lose more through covering losses and, net, end up at the same or lower price for holding out.

His other option is to asset strip with player sales in Jan to bridge the gap but then a) the price people will pay will fall and b) he runs the risk of relegation and then won’t be able to give us away.

RD in a pickle.
  • Options
    I’m actually tempted to create that coin, I mean, dogecoin is doing quite well
  • Options

Redhenry said:

If your super rich lot are not willing to budge on their price then good that no one else is over paying.

He wants out, he has said so. He can further hair cut his price or he can stay stubborn and lose more through covering losses and, net, end up at the same or lower price for holding out.

His other option is to asset strip with player sales in Jan to bridge the gap but then a) the price people will pay will fall and b) he runs the risk of relegation and then won’t be able to give us away.

RD in a pickle.
    I agree. I know he is loaded but with none of the interested parties willing to meet his totally unrealistic evaluation of the club the pressure on RD now must be considerable.

I think we are entering a watershed moment in the clubs history.
  • Options

Blokes 71 years old ffs, you'd think he'd take the most sensible offer and go sit on a beach somewhere drinking cold lager

Never understand what motivates these people TBH. When you've got enough, look after the people you love and go off & enjoy it.
    You've have to be mad to want to go through all this.....
    You said it mlc.................without question, he displays some very significant sociopathic tendencies.
    Whether that actually makes one a sociopath or not is, I guess, debatable.
    At what stage a person is diagnosed as being an actual full blown sociopath I don’t know......but I assume there are different degrees?
    My understanding of sociopathy is that the diagnosis would be antisocial personality disorder. However IMHO he doesn't fit the criteria very closely. People with this type of personalty disorder tend to have been involved with petty crime/violence in their younger years and carry this on into their adult life. They are often highly impulsive and take risks. I would say that Roland's bank balance has been built up by well calculated 'risks'.

He does show signs of narcissism - possibly narcissistic personality disorder. I doubt he'd ever get near a psychiatrist (lucky bugger!) as he's apparently high functioning and pretty stable.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

What is the asking price?
    50p and a lb of grapes....
  • Options

Redhenry said:

that WAS my view yesterday (I change my mind daily), but today my head is telling me that it won't have that impact that I and you would hope.

More likely to me is that for him to accept a lower offer than what he desires he will do what he can to reduce the difference to his target figure in the interim. ie. other asset sales, starting with increased sales of players.

I was convinced come the end of the Aug window that he wasn't imminently selling due to the lack of sales at that point, and unless there is a buyer in a severe advanced position insisting on no asset sales, then this is the next natural expectation for me,

By the time Duchatelet leaves Charlton, I expect us to be in a weaker state as either a club or a playing squad than what we currently are.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!