Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Thanks gaffer,
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Since the weekend there has been interest of one new party

Shush - I was hoping to keep that secret.

Sorry mate it was when you said I could be striker I had to blab
    That fecking liar. @bobmunro promised me I could play up top on my todd
    I’m reassessing the forward line - you kept quiet so the number 9 shirt is yours, but D let the cat out of the bag so splinters on his arse warming the bench is his likely starting position.

I intend to play the Iniesta role as the midfield general, just as soon as I can get rid of these fecking crutches!

Thanks gaffer
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

@bobmunro When I said we needed an Akinfewa and Leaburn strike force I didn't exactly have NLA and Henners in mind :wink:

I can assure you they were not my first choice.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

@bobmunro When I said we needed an Akinfewa and Leaburn strike force I didn't exactly have NLA and Henners in mind :wink:

I can assure you they were not my first choice.

I've just checked my boots in the garage and they're a little bit mouldy but I'm available for either full back position our a reducer role in midfield :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    J BLOCK said:

I just received a text backing up bobs info. Deal is/was days from completion but now probably weeks away.

Haven’t read last 3 pages so possibly old news but the reason for the delay? Australians suddenly became more interested at the start of the week and were even there Tuesday which was interesting as they were believed to have pulled out last week.

My mate knows nothing about the Aussie finances but doesn’t believe the McLeish consortium have the funding for a Prem push, more like debt consolidation with the hope of reaching the champ. Muir would be the man reducing the debt and McLeish would be more likely to be director of football than manager.

Also said he believes Roland mucked other parties about in favour of this one, possibly spite if they have the least money. But Aussies are still around but keeping a much lower profile than McLeish and Donald. The Aussies originally backing off probably resulted in McLeish showing his face believing the deal was done.

Fee of around 22mil plus repayable debt.

Mcleish bid looks shite, if, as someone else alluded too, there main backer has 400 million, I wouldn't be happy with that.
    400m is a massive sum of money, it's easy to get blase in this era of billionaires

RedChaser said:

Not sure how much money you would need in the short term. I think if you could sell Konsa for 4-5m and give it all to KR, we should be able to significantly strengthen with what we have!

Rumours of Everton sniffing around again from Louis Mendez on Charlton Live just now so RD will trouser any transfer fee for Konsa. That should mean a commensurate, plus any proceeds for Holmes, drop in the sale price. Whether new owners would allow a similar increasd spend in the restructuring of the squad is the question :open_mouth:
    All depends on how much Konsa's value is in the books. If it's say 500k and RD sells for 4m he can trouser 3.5m and knock 500k off the asking price.
    It doesn't work like that

For a start, as a home grown player Konsa's accounting book value will be zero. The purchasers (and selling advisers to RD) will have valued each player with a fair value which will be reflected in the price of the club. Sell that player, and gets taken off the price.
  • Options
    Has anyone considered that new owners may want to move to the Peninsula?
  • Options

Yes and discounted it.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Takeover to happen soon or not?.

Might just as well get yourself one of these mate;
    Need more then that to save us from RD.
    Hitler compulsively rubbed his ball - didn't do him any good
    Hitler had only one ball ..........

• Options
    What does surprise me is that any of us are surprised that there are four interested parties in buying Charlton. Our stadium, support, recent history and above all location are all very desirable assets.

We will get sold very soon and all we as fans can hope for is a decent owner. They are out there but unfortunately there are a lot of chancers as well.
  • Options
    I am resolute to the fact that we are of no interest to big money men with a plan to get back to the premier league.
    If it was going to happen it would have happened years ago.

Get used to the fact that we will only ever attract Ill informed chancers that will saddle us with more and more debt and before long send us to the depths clubs like Hartlepool currently find themselves in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Yes and discounted it.
    Woosh. Night all x
  • Options
    edited January 2018

RedChaser said:

Yes and discounted it.
    Woosh. Night all x
    Have a reciprocal whoosh before you have you cocoa :wink:
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

I just received a text backing up bobs info. Deal is/was days from completion but now probably weeks away.

Haven’t read last 3 pages so possibly old news but the reason for the delay? Australians suddenly became more interested at the start of the week and were even there Tuesday which was interesting as they were believed to have pulled out last week.

My mate knows nothing about the Aussie finances but doesn’t believe the McLeish consortium have the funding for a Prem push, more like debt consolidation with the hope of reaching the champ. Muir would be the man reducing the debt and McLeish would be more likely to be director of football than manager.

Also said he believes Roland mucked other parties about in favour of this one, possibly spite if they have the least money. But Aussies are still around but keeping a much lower profile than McLeish and Donald. The Aussies originally backing off probably resulted in McLeish showing his face believing the deal was done.

Fee of around 22mil plus repayable debt.

Mcleish bid looks shite, if, as someone else alluded too, there main backer has 400 million, I wouldn't be happy with that.
    400m is a massive sum of money, it's easy to get blase in this era of billionaires

RedChaser said:

Not sure how much money you would need in the short term. I think if you could sell Konsa for 4-5m and give it all to KR, we should be able to significantly strengthen with what we have!

Rumours of Everton sniffing around again from Louis Mendez on Charlton Live just now so RD will trouser any transfer fee for Konsa. That should mean a commensurate, plus any proceeds for Holmes, drop in the sale price. Whether new owners would allow a similar increasd spend in the restructuring of the squad is the question :open_mouth:
    All depends on how much Konsa's value is in the books. If it's say 500k and RD sells for 4m he can trouser 3.5m and knock 500k off the asking price.
    It doesn't work like that

For a start, as a home grown player Konsa's accounting book value will be zero. The purchasers (and selling advisers to RD) will have valued each player with a fair value which will be reflected in the price of the club. Sell that player, and gets taken off the price.
    400 isn’t a big sum of money in football, nothing at all really.

I think that this Murray is tied into this Muir and Mcleish bid and is the trusted one by RD that has been mooted.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I am resolute to the fact that we are of no interest to big money men with a plan to get back to the premier league.

Get used to the fact that we will only ever attract Ill informed chancers that will saddle us with more and more debt and before long send us to the depths clubs like Hartlepool currently find themselves in.

That’s the spirit.

Truth hurts my friend. Seen it all and heard it all before.
    Prepare yourself for another false dawn.
    I actually think next season is our testimonial season of false dawn's! It's been that long.

Shining white knights don't go south of the river I'm afraid.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I seriously doubt they have that money. Plus, to spend hundreds of millions on a new stadium when they are at 1/3 capacity in The Valley would make me question their sanity. I doubt they are thinking about what may or may not happen 10 years from now when we are one or two more bad transfer windows away from going into League Two. At least I hope not!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018

That’s the spirit.

Truth hurts my friend. Seen it all and heard it all before.
    Prepare yourself for another false dawn.
    I actually think next season is our testimonial season of false dawn's! It's been that long.

Shining white knights don't go south of the river I'm afraid.
    I don't suppose you've got the Samaritans phone number handy :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited January 2018

cfgs said:

cabbles said:

Where’s that World Cup octopus - can’t we put the 4 consortiums into a fish tank and let him choose

He died
    Where's the RIP thread?
    It was a while back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11626050
  • Options
    Lost her cheque book?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

CatAddick said:

This is all a bit depressing. What’s the betting that after cashing in on the players the old scroat walks away with the bulbs out of the floodlights, swaps the old seats back in and leaves a pile of garden waste on Sparrows Lane

I bet he’ll take the boilers from the under soil heating too.....oh :unamused:
    I had forgotten about this: what it proves though is that he genuinely thought that he was investing for the future and Thomas Dreisen would be able to recruit all the Thuram's and Koc's to get us to the premier league where undersoil heating is a necessity.

Bless 'im
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Since the weekend there has been interest of one new party

Shush - I was hoping to keep that secret.

Sorry mate it was when you said I could be striker I had to blab
    That fecking liar. @bobmunro promised me I could play up top on my todd
    Wait Andy Todd's returning?
  • Options
    What a mess. This feels worse than perhaps at any stage before. But perhaps it had to get worse to get better. Have we driven duch to the stage of him now spitefully ruining us?

Surely any buyer would be saying ok. That's 6m less you'll get for the club then?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!