Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Can confirm I’m not ITK. 
  • For Mehmet Dalman to put out that Statement yesterday then turn up as the owner of Cafc, days, weeks or months later would be similar to Dowie telling Palace fans and Simon Jordan that I'm only leaving to go back up North to be with my family.
    Before the weird press conference where Murray was handed a writ and Dowie face turned ugly.
    As has been pointed out, he only said "Right at this moment in time I'm really focused on preparing for the new season with Cardiff" It happens in football all the time regarding players, kiss the badge one day, sitting in the stands of their new club the following day.

That doesn't necessarily mean imo that an announcement can't now be made that a deal has been done and he'll take over in a couple of weeks

Like it's imminent you mean?
  • Dream Scenario.

Bowyer and coaching staff agree new improved contract with Duchatelet Today 

Dalman's bid is accepted after agreeing to paying RD some extra Dosh when/if we reach the Premier.(covered by TV money so Mehmet bites the bullet)

Dalman brings Warnock to be Director of Football to work with Bowyer, Gallen and JJ and uses his 50 years in football to network his contacts.

The best possible Scenario.
    Why would agreeing to pay Duchatelet extra dosh in the future be a dream scenario? The bloke's a greedy leech. I want this deal to be cut n dried based on a market price and no more.
    I'd rather he earn a little extra than never sell!
  • Dream Scenario.

Dalman's bid is accepted after agreeing to paying RD some extra Dosh when/if we reach the Premier.(covered by TV money so Mehmet bites the bullet)

Dalman brings Warnock to be Director of Football to work with Bowyer, Gallen and JJ and uses his 50 years in football to network his contacts.

Realistic Scenario: Bowyer, Jackson and Gallen  f@ck off. 
  • For Mehmet Dalman to put out that Statement yesterday then turn up as the owner of Cafc, days, weeks or months later would be similar to Dowie telling Palace fans and Simon Jordan that I'm only leaving to go back up North to be with my family.
    Before the weird press conference where Murray was handed a writ and Dowie face turned ugly.
    As has been pointed out, he only said "Right at this moment in time I'm really focused on preparing for the new season with Cardiff" It happens in football all the time regarding players, kiss the badge one day, sitting in the stands of their new club the following day.

That doesn't necessarily mean imo that an announcement can't now be made that a deal has been done and he'll take over in a couple of weeks

Well, I reckon it could be more imminent now, than what it has ever been before, going by the information out there 
  • 1732, foundations laid for The Bank of England.

We’re getting bought by @iainment
  • Think there will be a lot of people online today hoping for good news. How many times have we gone throught it now only for nothing to happen. 
    Surely we are due a change of fortune. I am having a wisdom tooth out this afternoon and i'm already bricking it at least this will somewhat take my mind of it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• All we want is that he asks a price that there is a realistic chance somebody will pay. The problem is, he constructs this fantasy world where the club is worth what he is asking for and he then believes it.

Of course a sane person will know he will end up losing more money in the long run. And make our lives a misery to boot. Also a sane owner will know that selling the club will make his life less complicated. But surely we have all worked out by now that he isn't a sane person.

What Bowyer has achieved on the pitch has given him some respite but there have also been warnings for him even in this period of good, attractive and successful football. 
  • Dream Scenario.

soapboxsam.....how dare you make me dream of an ideal world.

That would honestly be a great set up. 

Also you know if Bowyer gets in any verbal sparring you know Warnock will have his back!
  • Swisdom said:
    Maybe Warnock would be a director of football

decent mentor for bowyer 
    As I said above more to be with his experience around the politics of football and contacts rather than teaching Lee anything about football tactics. But love him or hate him Warnock is a course and distance winner in the Championship and would be a great foil not only for Lee but Steve Gallen would be a great partnership trying to find players for Cafc.

Duchatelet is always the stumbling block for this to happen.
  • edited June 2019
    Think there will be a lot of people online today hoping for good news. How many times have we gone throught it now only for nothing to happen. 
    Surely we are due a change of fortune. I am having a wisdom tooth out this afternoon and i'm already bricking it at least this will somewhat take my mind of it. 
    Don't damage it before you get to the dentist for gawds sake otherwise it'll be harder to get out!

Good luck by the way and remember it'll only hurt when you laugh  ;)
  • RedChaser said:
    Think there will be a lot of people online today hoping for good news. How many times have we gone throught it now only for nothing to happen. 
    Don't damage it before you get to the dentist for gasses sake otherwise it'll be harder to get out  ;)

Good luck by the way and remember it'll only hurt when you laugh 😀
    Unorthadox, but the brick might work and save him a visit.
  • edited June 2019
    Dream Scenario.

Why would agreeing to pay Duchatelet extra dosh in the future be a dream scenario? The bloke's a greedy leech. I want this deal to be cut n dried based on a market price and no more.
    Because that's the only way we are going to get rid of the Helmet Douchebag shitweasel.
    How can't CL members see that he needs to be given an exit strategy where in his unique and weird mind he is a Michael Winner.
    (We all know he is a loser)
  • Of course we would all be happy if somebody paid over the odds if that got rid of him, but that has to assume they are as mad as he is, which is unlikely to be possible.
  • No, just the last 50. It's my birthday, I did not wanna get depressed.
    Was my birthday too yesterday; some good news on the takeover would have been the best birthday present!
  • Sponsored links:

• People talking about Warnock coming in if Mehmet completes the takeover but for me that is far from going to happen and would disrupt the good work put in by Bowyer, Jackson, and Gallen.

The positions we desperately need to fill off of the pitch when a takeover does happen is a CEO and CFO.

Take the pressure off of what seems to be Gallen managing the vast majority of proceedings with contracts and signings. Let him get back to his main role as that will allow him time to work and network for current and potential players without the strain of managing other aspects too that is not normally the role of a Head of Recruitment.

There is a lot to be done when a takeover does eventually go through, and if it is Mehmet, the last thing we need to be thinking about is Warnock coming in as Director of Football.
  • Of course we would all be happy if somebody paid over the odds if that got rid of him, but that has to assume they are as mad as he is, which is unlikely to be possible.
    Then we're stuck with him forever.
  • He won't live for ever.

I think he has shown that he will always react so maybe we need to find the right thing that pushes him over the edge. Standard fans seemed to have found it. Not saying we should do that, just making an observation.
  • edited June 2019
    Our unadulterated innocent overwhelming hope is really quite tragic, even if some of us try to disguise it underneath cynical scepticism.
    The bald truth is we continue to be owned by Duchatelet, and the management and many significant players are free to do whatever they please in 16 days time.
    Not the basis for getting a season ticket as far as I am concerned.
    This takeover talk is repetitive and  continually empty, yes one day something might accidentally happen but how often do we need to bitten in order to be how many times shy?
    Van Turk Stobart  has no doubt bogged off yesterday after his three day week, so no fresh spin until next Tuesday seeing as how the nutter will devote less that his 2% time (under 2 hours) until his lickspittle returns.
  • JamesSeed said:
    You do wonder if Roland’s going to play the two bidders off against each other. In fact, you can pretty well guarantee he will. 
    If you had two people wanting to buy your house that is what you do.
    I know. Gazumping. 
  • Scoham said:
    From the forum that shall not be named - the Welsh journalist said Dalman and Warnock are very close and he’d bring him with him if he takes over.
    Sorry, I must be missing something...

Who's paying Warnock's wages? Dalman or Tann? As far as I can see, Warnock's contract is with Tann. Would he resign, give up any remaining value of his contract, to come to a club where he will almost certainly unpopular, because he has replaced a club legend?

I don't get the impression Warnock is that stupid...
  • JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    @DOUCHER posted this in the Bowyer thread, but it’s just as relevant here:
    DOUCHER said:
    Haven't read last few pages or been on this morning but just had a bulletin. We are nearly there I think - Bowyers and many others contracts will follow on from the takeover which I believe is at a very advanced stage with the ex Cardiff chairman - verified from inside the club. Watch this space.

About time we finally heard from someone who knows what his talking about. Cheers Douche, that’s reassuring. 
    Cheers AFKA, from all other contributors who’ve tried to pass on some info to the board when they can. This sort of petty comment does you no favours. 
    Think there's a touch of tongue in cheek you've missed.

Whoosh 🌬️💨
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    You do wonder if Roland’s going to play the two bidders off against each other. In fact, you can pretty well guarantee he will. 
    If you had two people wanting to buy your house that is what you do.
    I know. Gazumping. 
    Not in Scotland where we have closing dates and sealed bids. But that is far too sensible. 
  • I am led to believe that the Aussies are very close to completion.
    Not sure why I got 5 LOL's for this. Genuinely passing on something I got from a relative (not on this forum) who spoke to one of the Australians at a non UK location yesterday. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!