Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    I can just about stomach fish puns, but comments on this thread about women's football is really beyond the pale. Please check you are on the right thread before posting irrelevant nonsense.
  • If Duchatelet cocks up this sale to Dalman due to the £7m directors loans then he only has himself to blame and would deserve to lose another £8m this year. It's unbelievable that this director loans saga has been allowed to drift for so many years. How on earth did RD become a billionaire?
  • Breaking news..... 
    Last day for supporters to book their place at this years Father's Day meal and guided tour of The Valley! 👉

As you were, stand down for now.
  • If Duchatelet cocks up this sale to Dalman due to the £7m directors loans then he only has himself to blame and would deserve to lose another £8m this year. It's unbelievable that this director loans saga has been allowed to drift for so many years. How on earth did RD become a billionaire?
    He’s not a billionaire, is he?

To be honest I think he made his money in a very niche field and I don’t know how successful he’s been in any of his other endeavours. Quite possibly the skills that made him a success in one thing aren’t transferable to others.  
  • Or the skills that made him a success are no longer possessed by him.
  • Or he got lucky once
  •  Just out of interest this link comes from the bottom of his Wikipedia page referencing business involved in http://http//www.cbetta.com/director/mehmet-dalman-4
  • 1734, Daniel Boone, American frontiersman born.
  • Sponsored links:

• Calm down everyone and just think about how excited CL was this time last year.

It's new season ticket application time again. That's the reason this has come out now and how many bought them last year cos they thought Roland was going?
    So it was Roland that leaked this news when he knew it was going nowhere. He's playing fans like a fiddle.
    Yes, the great RD media operation which recently put a CARD statement in full on the club website, referred to fans as "soft terrorists", demanded publicly that the EFL bought the club and routinely publishes statements that fall apart factually within hours has delivered another Machiavellian triumph via a Welsh website. In other news, the moon landings have been exposed as fake just weeks before the 50th anniversary of the first one...
    Indeed, he's a sly old dog.
    Oh and I forgot to whoosh you @Airman Brown. That's the first I have given out, been on the receiving end of a few.
  • It’s all gone deathly quiet 
  • se9addick said:
    If Duchatelet cocks up this sale to Dalman due to the £7m directors loans then he only has himself to blame and would deserve to lose another £8m this year. It's unbelievable that this director loans saga has been allowed to drift for so many years. How on earth did RD become a billionaire?
    He’s not a billionaire, is he?

To be honest I think he made his money in a very niche field and I don’t know how successful he’s been in any of his other endeavours. Quite possibly the skills that made him a success in one thing aren’t transferable to others.  
    Yeah, reckon he may have a very good brain for whatever niche he was in (being a ****), but partnered up or employed some very good business people who took care of that side. He clearly is too pig minded and stubborn to know when to cut your losses or he would have surely gone a year / 18 months ago. Also, weren't BelgIUM a good place to be trough the 90's with regards to business?

I just personally hope that what's going on in SE7 actually gets known about in Belgian business to the fullest extent and he gets the wanky reputation he deserves, if he ain't ready got it 
  • Remember when we reached the 1000th page of this thread and all got so excited , it'll be well over 2000 , by the time anything happens.
  • Do employees in the world of football slip off early on Fridays too?  Or can we expect something, anything this afternoon?
  • Do employees in the world of football slip off early on Fridays too?  Or can we expect something, anything this afternoon?
    How very dare you
  • This is ALL bollocks!
    Be lucky if they work at all on a Friday during close season 
    I don't remember much outrage when the were rolled over the last 2 times.  Why didn't Murray clear them before he sold us to the spivs and we won't be in the mess we are in now...........

It's RD's fault he didn't know about them, not his fault that they are there.  I would go as far as he has no moral responsibility to clear them.  That however is very diffrent to paying them off to allow the sale to go through. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    I can see he has other "Directorships" to his name - mostly around sports and prestige cars

HR Owen Dealerships
    London Lotus Centre
    Holland Park Limited (Cars)
    Broughton's of Cheltenham (HR Owen again)
    Jack Barclay Limited (cars again)
    H.R.Owen Plc
    and Cardiff City Holdings and Cardiff City Football Club

Other dissolved directorships look like "funds" but not looked at them

Under H.R.Owen Plc there are a few other Directors with familiar names..
    Robin Tan
    U-Peng Tan
    Veh Ken Choo

Jack Barclay has Mehmet and Ken Choo once again
    Same with Broughton's of Cheltenham

So they have a fair few business interests between them.  Whether that would make it easier of harder for him to sever ties with Cardiff remains to be seen.
    Just thought I would raise this to show his money is not necessarily all from the banking game

• iamdan said:
    Can confirm I’m not ITK. 
    Source?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    If Duchatelet cocks up this sale to Dalman due to the £7m directors loans then he only has himself to blame and would deserve to lose another £8m this year. It's unbelievable that this director loans saga has been allowed to drift for so many years. How on earth did RD become a billionaire?
    I don't remember much outrage when the were rolled over the last 2 times.  Why didn't Murray clear them before he sold us to the spivs and we won't be in the mess we are in now...........

It's RD's fault he didn't know about them, not his fault that they are there.  I would go as far as he has no moral responsibility to clear them.  That however is very diffrent to paying them off to allow the sale to go through. 
    So he bought the assets with the loans attached but didn’t understand them because he didn’t do proper due diligence yet they are not his “moral” responsibility. Right.
  • The Warnock rumour was literally made up yet we're treating it as fact. 
    Agreed but even if he did come here as manager I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist about it. As much as I want Bowyer to sign, we don't even know he's going to be here under RD let alone a new owner.
    If someone said next season we'd have Dalman as owner and Warnock manager I'd bite their hands off. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Bangs head repeatedly on desk!
  • Talal said:
    The Warnock rumour was literally made up yet we're treating it as fact. 
    Agreed but even if he did come here as manager I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist about it. As much as I want Bowyer to sign, we don't even know he's going to be here under RD let alone a new owner.
    If someone said next season we'd have Dalman as owner and Warnock manager I'd bite their hands off. 
    I’d bite both hands and feet off for Dalman and Bowyer. 
  • se9addick said:
    Talal said:
    Well yeah obviously, but Dalman is what matters most. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Not sure if anything came from it yet, but there was a video meeting between Lieven and the Aussies yesterday. Focused on the outstanding issue, the loans. 
    Great stuff from Doucher yesterday. If this Dalman fella is a good sort, and has the funds to take the cub forward then I’d be more than happy for him m, or the Aussies, to takeover, I just hope it’s done quickly. 
    Personally I’d much prefer Bowyer to Warnock, even though Warnock is a good manager. Bowyer is a legend, and the players seem to love him. 
    I hope it never goes on you tube.........

LDT........."you pay them"

GM........."no, you"

LDT........."no, you"

GM.........."no, YOU"

ad infinitum.

• se9addick said:
    Talal said:

what about your wang?
    Don't think they make those computers any more
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!