Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Today feels like a pivotal moment in our summer so in true oohaah fashion...

1% Aussies take over and Bowyer signs
    5% Dalman takes over and Bowyer signs
    14% Roland stays and Bowyer signs
    80% Roland stays and Bowyer’s off

The Duckworth OohAah percentage method of today’s likely scoop revealer:

WIOTOS 0%
    Seed 1%
    Airman Brown 3%
    Paul Abbabanana 5%
    Gieseppe Muro 9%
    Creepy Cawley 12%
    Complete random on Twitter 20%
    Peter ‘Scoop’ Burrows via Clubcall 22%
    Team Doucher 28%

anyone else add those up to ensure they made 100 ;)
    No. The geezer’s a speccy accountant type. 

;-)
  • Warnock has proved himself to be a good manager - maybe even a great manager at getting teams promoted on a budget. All managers have different styles and Warnock has his own, but ultimately they are able to see a path from where they are to where they wish to get to and are able to act on it.

It isn't that he gets found out when he gets to the Premier League, it is just that the path isn't so easy to follow there when you have to compete against silly money. There is no way he is a better fit for us right now than Bowyer, but Bowyer may not be our manager next week! 
    Not sure if Warnock gets found out in the Prem - he's never really had a decent budget. Cardiff almost stayed up last season with a very basic squad.

• From what I have heard the ball is in Dalman's court, one bid turned down, does he increase or fold.
  • edited June 2019
    I agree. I think part of the problem is he over achieves with lesser players so more is needed when he gets his team to the Premier League, and as you say he needs a decent budget to address it. 

I don't like the criticism of how his teams play also. It is all part of the same judgement of how you achieve your goals with what you have. I'm sure if he had big money to spend his teams would set up differently. I think it is called good management. 
  • Warnock still has a property in Beckenham I believe and liked the area when he was down here with Palace.
    Maybe Dalman would like to have him involved if his takeover was successful, but I doubt that would be as first team manager. 
  • I’ve got my last exam today. Would love to come out of it and see a photo of Jacko and Bowyer sat either side of Dalman
    I’ve got my last exam today. Would love to come out of it and see a photo of Jacko and Bowyer sat either side of Dalman

I’ve got my last exam today. Would love to come out of it and see a photo of Jacko and Bowyer sat either side of Dalman

Good luck today
  • You do wonder if Roland’s going to play the two bidders off against each other. In fact, you can pretty well guarantee he will. 
  • As happyvalley isn't here yet: 1731 was quite a dull year. This would appear to have been a highlight:

Dr. Richard Bentley, the King's librarian and the House's owner, saves the only copy of the Codex Alexandrinus, carrying it under one arm as he leaps from a window.

• JamesSeed said:
    You do wonder if Roland’s going to play the two bidders off against each other. In fact, you can pretty well guarantee he will. 
    If you had two people wanting to buy your house that is what you do.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2019, Mr. Richard Murray, the King's arse licker, saves the only copy of Bowyer's contract, carrying it under one arm as he leaps naked from a window, his scales rattling in the breeze

• Looking at Cawley's latest tweet it sounds like Bauer will be off to another club sooner rather than later.  Depressing.

• edited June 2019
    If Bowyer doesn't sign a bottom card will have been removed from a house of cards.
  • Looking at Cawley's latest tweet it sounds like Bauer will be off to another club sooner rather than later.  Depressing.

Wrong thread.
  • 1731, Daniel Defoe dies.
  • For Mehmet Dalman to put out that Statement yesterday then turn up as the owner of Cafc, days, weeks or months later would be similar to Dowie telling Palace fans and Simon Jordan that I'm only leaving to go back up North to be with my family.
    Before the weird press conference where Murray was handed a writ and Dowie face turned ugly.
  • James, can I have today for takeover day?

A robin has just landed right next to me. It is a sign I tell you. We’ve only gone and cracked it. Put the bloody kettle on.
  • JamesSeed said:
    You do wonder if Roland’s going to play the two bidders off against each other. In fact, you can pretty well guarantee he will. 
    Love a house sale analogy and, as house sale anologies go, that's a blaaady good one!
  • Sponsored links:

• God, this thread. It twists the knife eh.

• How will this club ever be sold with RD in charge? Seems impossible. 
  • Valley11 said:
    How will this club ever be sold with RD in charge? Seems impossible. 
    Keep in mind that he sold Standard, although I'm not sure how much of a loss he took.

Be interesting to find out though
  • edited June 2019
    For Mehmet Dalman to put out that Statement yesterday then turn up as the owner of Cafc, days, weeks or months later would be similar to Dowie telling Palace fans and Simon Jordan that I'm only leaving to go back up North to be with my family.
    Before the weird press conference where Murray was handed a writ and Dowie face turned ugly.
    The good times (well, before the season actually started...)
  • JamesSeed said:
    Love a house sale analogy and, as house sale anologies go, that's a blaaady good one!
    If I had a pound for every house sale analogy on this thread I could afford one! 
  • I genuinely think we will have to wait for him to die or retire through ill health.

how old is he now - mid 70s?
  • edited June 2019
    Dream Scenario.

Bowyer and coaching staff agree new improved contract with Duchatelet Today 

Dalman's bid is accepted after agreeing to paying RD some extra Dosh when/if we reach the Premier.(covered by TV money so Mehmet bites the bullet)

Dalman brings Warnock to be Director of Football to work with Bowyer, Gallen and JJ and uses his 50 years in football to network his contacts.

The best possible Scenario.
  • edited June 2019
    For Mehmet Dalman to put out that Statement yesterday then turn up as the owner of Cafc, days, weeks or months later would be similar to Dowie telling Palace fans and Simon Jordan that I'm only leaving to go back up North to be with my family.
    As has been pointed out, he only said "Right at this moment in time I'm really focused on preparing for the new season with Cardiff" It happens in football all the time regarding players, kiss the badge one day, sitting in the stands of their new club the following day.

That doesn't necessarily mean imo that an announcement can't now be made that a deal has been done and he'll take over in a couple of weeks

• Dream Scenario.

Bowyer and coaching staff agree new improved contract with Duchatelet Today 

Dalman's bid is accepted after agreeing to paying RD some extra Dosh when/if we reach the Premier.(covered by TV money so Mehmet bites the bullet)

Dalman brings Warnock to be Director of Football to work with Bowyer, Gallen and JJ and uses his 50 years in football to network his contacts.

The best possible Scenario.
    Why would agreeing to pay Duchatelet extra dosh in the future be a dream scenario? The bloke's a greedy leech. I want this deal to be cut n dried based on a market price and no more.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!