Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• IF Warnock comes, it’ll be as a Director of Football, I reckon. He’d turn Bowyer into a phenomenal leader 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Not sure if anything came from it yet, but there was a video meeting between Lieven and the Aussies yesterday. Focused on the outstanding issue, the loans. 
    Great stuff from Doucher yesterday. If this Dalman fella is a good sort, and has the funds to take the cub forward then I’d be more than happy for him m, or the Aussies, to takeover, I just hope it’s done quickly. 
    Personally I’d much prefer Bowyer to Warnock, even though Warnock is a good manager. Bowyer is a legend, and the players seem to love him. 
      Cheers Gerard.

TBH, I'd much rather the Turkish fella than your lot.
     He's been working in English football for a good few years and at a similar sized club to ours where he's had plenty of success.

The Aussie philosophy had a fair bit of wishy washyness to it if I remember rightly.
     Plus they take bloody ages to get anything over the line!
    Absolutely fair enough. 
  • Are we certain the elusive Dalman has proper proper dough ( enough to piss away at Charlton)  .
    All this he will have access to punters who can invest is waffle , who would want to “invest” in the black hole that is Charlton .
  • JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    @DOUCHER posted this in the Bowyer thread, but it’s just as relevant here:
    DOUCHER said:
    Haven't read last few pages or been on this morning but just had a bulletin. We are nearly there I think - Bowyers and many others contracts will follow on from the takeover which I believe is at a very advanced stage with the ex Cardiff chairman - verified from inside the club. Watch this space.

About time we finally heard from someone who knows what his talking about. Cheers Douche, that’s reassuring. 
    Cheers AFKA, from all other contributors who’ve tried to pass on some info to the board when they can. This sort of petty comment does you no favours. 
    Ha, it equally doesn’t do you any favours Jimbo when you fail to spot someone larking about.

dont take it all so serious
    Having said that, fairly soon after posting I re-read your post and thought you might be. 
    You know what us liberal elite snowflakes are like though. 

This is the answer...  ;-)
  • edited June 2019
    It’s better for comedic value to not have a :-)

i mean Doucher was a big “waiting to see what division we are in” before the takeover is done subscriber .... that was at the end of the previous season !
  • Scoham said:
    The forum that shall not be named have heard Dalman’s takeover will be completed in 10 days to two weeks...
    As I've been twat of the day over there in the past it almost makes me feel like I'm in the know. 
    That must have been one cracking post Rambo.

There is a lot of fierce competition over there to win that title.  Congratulations btw.
  • Are we certain the elusive Dalman has proper proper dough ( enough to piss away at Charlton)  .
    All this he will have access to punters who can invest is waffle , who would want to “invest” in the black hole that is Charlton .
    Do you believe Richard Cawley?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
  • edited June 2019

Are we certain the elusive Dalman has proper proper dough ( enough to piss away at Charlton)  .
    You can say that about anyone, but there seems to be enough interest
      Where do seriously wealthy owners get you anyway?
  • From the forum that shall not be named - the Welsh journalist said Dalman and Warnock are very close and he’d bring him with him if he takes over.
  • Scoham said:
    From the forum that shall not be named - the Welsh journalist said Dalman and Warnock are very close and he’d bring him with him if he takes over.
    Do I not like that
  • edited June 2019
    Dalman is merely another bidder in a line of bidders who is not going to pay what Duchatelet wants. The reason for this is what Duchatelet wants is unreasonable. We shouldn't be surprised that people want to buy us, but that is not going to be at any price.

What should get us all excited is not hearing somebody wants to buy us, but hearing that the lunatic has had an episode of sanity and has decided to lower to price to something realistic. I doubt we will hear that because I don't think his type of madness works like that. It usually gets worse, although in relation to us, I doubt it can be worse.
  • Isn’t Warnock retiring soon? I really, really don’t think he’ll be coming to Charlton if Dalaman takes over. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    From the forum that shall not be named - the Welsh journalist said Dalman and Warnock are very close and he’d bring him with him if he takes over.
    Complete conjecture 
    An appointment which would also go down like a led balloon.
  • se9addick said:
    Isn’t Warnock retiring soon? I really, really don’t think he’ll be coming to Charlton if Dalaman takes over. 
    He's been coming out with that line for the past 10 years.
  • Dalman is merely another bidder in a line of bidders who is not going to pay what Duchatelet wants. The reason for this is what Duchatelet wants is unreasonable. We shouldn't be surprised that people want to buy us, but that is not going to be at any price.

What should get us all excited is not hearing somebody wants to buy us, but hearing that the lunatic has had an episode of sanity and has decided to lower to price to something realistic. I doubt we will hear that because I don't think his type of madness works like that. It usually gets worse, although in relation to us, I doubt it can be worse.
    There must be some interest if he's stuck around for 3 months. Especially as it's been mentioned RD has lowered his price.
  • Scoham said:
    Complete conjecture 
    Of course. Worth saying the journalist wasn’t aware of the protests, so he probably isn’t aware of the relationship between Bowyer, the players and the fans.

Warnock’s 70 and last year talked about Cardif probably being his last job - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46138404
  • If Dalman is as good as chairman as people talk him up to be then it is absolute fluff that he would bring Warnock with him. 

Why would his first thing to do as owner be to get rid of the bloke who brought the fans and players back together and dragged us out of league one. 
    That’s my view but having warnock in your back pocket if things don’t turn out well for LB in the champ ain’t a bad thing if your aiming for the prem - in fact there’s nobody better 
  • Warnock has proved himself to be a good manager - maybe even a great manager at getting teams promoted on a budget. All managers have different styles and Warnock has his own, but ultimately they are able to see a path from where they are to where they wish to get to and are able to act on it.

It isn't that he gets found out when he gets to the Premier League, it is just that the path isn't so easy to follow there when you have to compete against silly money. There is no way he is a better fit for us right now than Bowyer, but Bowyer may not be our manager next week! 
  • I’ve got my last exam today. Would love to come out of it and see a photo of Jacko and Bowyer sat either side of Dalman
    All the best with the exam mate 
  • Today feels like a pivotal moment in our summer so in true oohaah fashion...

1% Aussies take over and Bowyer signs
    5% Dalman takes over and Bowyer signs
    14% Roland stays and Bowyer signs
    80% Roland stays and Bowyer’s off

The Duckworth OohAah percentage method of today’s likely scoop revealer:

WIOTOS 0%
    Seed 1%
    Airman Brown 3%
    Paul Abbabanana 5%
    Gieseppe Muro 9%
    Creepy Cawley 12%
    Complete random on Twitter 20%
    Peter ‘Scoop’ Burrows via Clubcall 22%
    Team Doucher 28%

anyone else add those up to ensure they made 100 ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!