Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Mal said:
    Bowyer not signing a contract thus far has more to do with the negotiation being a shambles on the club side than the imminence of a takeover.
    Airman Brown, If a Take over was/is so close, would not any prospective new owner have a say in what contract is negotiated with Bowyer?
    Indeed.
    So are you saying the new prospective owners are involved in the negotiations on Bowyers contract?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    If Duchatelet cocks up this sale to Dalman due to the £7m directors loans then he only has himself to blame and would deserve to lose another £8m this year. It's unbelievable that this director loans saga has been allowed to drift for so many years. How on earth did RD become a billionaire?
    I don't remember much outrage when the were rolled over the last 2 times.  Why didn't Murray clear them before he sold us to the spivs and we won't be in the mess we are in now...........

It's RD's fault he didn't know about them, not his fault that they are there.  I would go as far as he has no moral responsibility to clear them.  That however is very diffrent to paying them off to allow the sale to go through. 
    So he bought the assets with the loans attached but didn’t understand them because he didn’t do proper due diligence yet they are not his “moral” responsibility. Right.
    I said he has no moral responsibility to clear them, if any new owner was happy for them to roll over that's fine. I then added that that is diffrent to clearing them to allow the sale to go through.  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If Duchatelet cocks up this sale to Dalman due to the £7m directors loans then he only has himself to blame and would deserve to lose another £8m this year. It's unbelievable that this director loans saga has been allowed to drift for so many years. How on earth did RD become a billionaire?
    I don't remember much outrage when the were rolled over the last 2 times.  Why didn't Murray clear them before he sold us to the spivs and we won't be in the mess we are in now...........

It's RD's fault he didn't know about them, not his fault that they are there.  I would go as far as he has no moral responsibility to clear them.  That however is very diffrent to paying them off to allow the sale to go through. 
    So he bought the assets with the loans attached but didn’t understand them because he didn’t do proper due diligence yet they are not his “moral” responsibility. Right.
    I said he has no moral responsibility to clear them, if any new owner was happy for them to roll over that's fine. I then added that that is diffrent to clearing them to allow the sale to go through.  
    It has nothing to do with moral responsibility, it has everything to do with pounds, shillings and pence.
    If anyone was to be buy the club with the charges in place then they are effectively paying £7m more than any money that they are handing over. I'm sure that any prospective buyers would be happy to buy the club with the charges still in place, if Roland agreed to reduce his asking price by £7m.
    From the moment that Roland bought the club those charges became his responsibility, moral of otherwise.
    Exactly.......particularly your last sentence.
  • edited June 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    PeterGage said:
    kentred2 said:
    If we are not sold by June 30th We need to turn the pressure on RD massively as much as we can.

Enough is enough. So many interested parties and RD is just playing hardball. It's about time we did too, all of us as one.
    By boycotting and not buying season tickets? Not enough want change enough for that as we have seen. 
    Again, its not about people not wanting change, everone wants him gone, some people need the football in their life to help them.

Also if Roland lost 1 million in ST sales, he would just sell Taylor to make up for 
    But the club would not be in his ownership for too long if they were playing to a near-empty stadium. Sadly, not enough fans wishing to make that sacrifice ( but I recognise any, or no action, is an individuals choice).
    Again, some people need to go football, its not about making a sacrifice.
    Nobody needs to go to football, it's a habit. A lot of people just go to get pissed up with their mates. Some go for family reasons son & dad etc. but there's always something else you could do with those same people. Coming up to my fourth season of boycotting & I was disappointed to miss the LB effect this past year & especially the Doncaster semi & the scenes from Wembley were fantastic but i won't break MY self imposed boycott. Sadly I think a lot of people got carried away this season & have returned & there will NEVER be a mass boycott that much is certain. 
    That’s your choice - stop moaning about it. 
    More people like watching Charlton than want to boycott. 

Neither are wrong or right but wish they would stop moaning about the others 
    That's my choice yes, the only one moaning is you. What's it like to look stupid ? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

It has nothing to do with moral responsibility, it has everything to do with pounds, shillings and pence.
    If anyone was to be buy the club with the charges in place then they are effectively paying £7m more than any money that they are handing over. I'm sure that any prospective buyers would be happy to buy the club with the charges still in place, if Roland agreed to reduce his asking price by £7m.
    From the moment that Roland bought the club those charges became his responsibility, moral of otherwise.
    Correct on all points.  If u look and read the original post, it was a quoting someone who said it was crazy how this had gone on for years.   My point was if a new owner was happy they rolled over (as the spivs and RD where, regardless of if they knew about or understood them) RD has no moral obligation to pay them for paying thems sake.  I also said that doesn't mean he shouldn't pay them to allow the take over to go through. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcwill said:
    Mal said:
    Bowyer not signing a contract thus far has more to do with the negotiation being a shambles on the club side than the imminence of a takeover.
    Airman Brown, If a Take over was/is so close, would not any prospective new owner have a say in what contract is negotiated with Bowyer?
    Indeed.
    So are you saying the new prospective owners are involved in the negotiations on Bowyers contract?
    My understanding is that they haven’t been.
  • Reams sharing some Dialogue between himself and the main antagonist from Luther season 1 episode 4.

Some interesting stuff, the Paul bloke reckons if Mehmet does come to Charlton he would bring Warnock with him. Personally I wouldn't be happy with Warnock replacing Bowyer unless Bowyer walked himself. Each to their own though 

As Cardiff chairman would Dalmat be responsible for giving Warnock permission to talk to Charlton & if he buys Charlton while working his notice at Cardiff would he then interview Warnock for the Charlton job. Assuming that Warnock wants it of course.

Does anyone really think that somebody with experience of English football would get rid of a young up & coming manager who did such a brilliant job with little budget & is now highly rated just to bring in someone at the end of their career ?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Murray is one of the Directors owed money, so can you explain how you think he should have gone about paying the others and himself before the club was sold?

May I be as bold as to suggest that the Directors not demanding they be paid and parking their debt with no interest payable to some point in the future when repayment would not hurt the club in anyway, was a good thing?

As a byproduct, the loans have also protected the assets from change of use.

There is a lot you can chuck at RM without making it up!
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Murray is one of the Directors owed money, so can you explain how you think he should have gone about paying the others and himself before the club was sold?

May I be as bold as to suggest that the Directors not demanding they be paid and parking their debt with no interest payable to some point in the future when repayment would not hurt the club in anyway, was a good thing?

As a byproduct, the loans have also protected the assets from change of use.

There is a lot you can chuck at RM without making it up!
    Please take this in the context it was ment, to the post it was a reply to.  I wasn't suggesting Murray should have paid them.  To paraphrase you, there is plenty to chuck at RD with out making stuff up, which funny enough was sort of the point I was making. 
  • How long have these debts been around?  Shouldn't they be unrecoverable after a certain period of time, if no correspondence has taken place?  I was thinking around 6-7 years?

However, my understanding was that the money was due to be paid back should Charlton reach the Premier League, they have not, therefore, the debt can not be recovered at this stage anyway?
  • If Bowyer doesn't get announced today is it safe to assume he's probably off? 
  • cafcwill said:
    Mal said:
    Indeed.
    My understanding is that they haven’t been.
    I know for a fact that the Aussies haven’t been. They’d like to keep Bowyer though (in the unlikely event  etc etc)
  • If Bowyer doesn't get announced today is it safe to assume he's probably off? 
    I wouldn't say that, no.

it's obviously a pretty fluid environment at the moment.....
  • edited June 2019
    Is no news good news?
    Nothing at all from the club today
    Keeping us well informed as normal
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer's family home is Sevenoaks was flooded this week by all the rain. If that isn't a sign to put it up for sale along with no progress in contract talks then i don't know what is!!
  • The club should have started planning a few weeks ago. If we don't know who the manager is now it is a bloody disgrace. I suppose it only shows you how incompetent the owner is if you take the trouble to look. This has to be sorted now and should have been sorted long ago FFS!
  • Is no news good news?
    Nothing at all from the club today
    Keeping us well informed as normal
    Well, if there’s nothing to report what do you want them to do.....make something up maybe?
  • Is all ok now?
  • I really believe we’re so close to being great again. 
    RD...fucking Charlton since January 2014. 
  • My knowledge of working in Belgium is that the business day finished about three hours ago, so doubt we’ll get much news today.
  • Is all ok now?

Tickety-boo.
  • Feels like we're never going to get any news. 
  • I think we need to plan another protest in Belgium. Roland is so bonkers he'll never sell. There's no shortage of interest apparently, but it all evaporates once it comes into contact with the cold hard unreality of Roland's valuation. 
    His heirs may be happy to have him increase his losses every year and piss away their inheritance on stubbornness, but we should at least go and ask them. I think we can get quite creative on this, comparing the money he saves on duck-taped shoes with how much he loses on Charlton every year. 
  • according to Dalman's profile, he owns CAFC .. someone is avin a larf
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehmet_Dalman

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!