Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Just got a text from my gay mate Cuthbert. 
    He comes from Brighton. 
    He said that while travelling on a train today some strange bloke who claimed to be a Charlton supporter was coming onto him really heavy. 
    He asked me if I know who this person was as he would really like to meat (Sorry meet) up for a chat.
    Honestly I'm speechless. 
    Coincidence or what?
    Is the correct term not, in matters of romance, fate? 
  • Waited all day to hear negotiations moving in right direction. I fear it all basically hinges on a takeover.
  • Can I just state my utter loathing for that Belgian dental car crash at this point?  It will obviously serve no other purpose than a catharsis of my soul in these times of frustration and gnawing ball ache.

• I know it's been said an million times before, but what an absolute shambles. The job Bowyer has done... for the single season performance he's just had - well... it's got to be up there with anything Seed, Lawrence, Curbs, or Powell ever achieved... the best managers this club has ever know.

Winning promotion on a shoe string.
    Playing good quality football the likes of which we didn't really see even under Powell and only a few times under Curbs
    Turning supporter apathy in August into one of the largest, noisiest, most united turnouts ever by our supporters at Wembley 9 months later.

I mean, I honestly don't know what more he could have done. Yet here we are, at the 11th hour, and things are merely "beginning to move in the right direction". And it's not even as if it appears a difficult deal to do - Bowyer really, truly wants to stay FFS!

It beggars belief, it really does.

Don’t be silly, can’t put in the sand breathe as some of those. 

We didn’t pay a fee for anyone but let’s be honest we still had a very good squad for the third tier. Don’t get me wrong, he done an outstanding job but all we did was win promotion from the third tier. Of course we need to keep him but I think his achievements are slightly exaggerated, mostly because of the shit over the last few years. 
    Eh?
  • Not being rude but over the years Cawley always seems behind with news.
  • Sponsored links:

• When is the last time Cawley was right about anything?
  • 1738, Franz Ketterer produces one of the earliest cuckoo clocks.
    What will you do when the inevitable happens and the factorials reach 2020?

Does the universe implode?

• I know it's been said an million times before, but what an absolute shambles. The job Bowyer has done... for the single season performance he's just had - well... it's got to be up there with anything Seed, Lawrence, Curbs, or Powell ever achieved... the best managers this club has ever know.

Playing good quality football the likes of which we didn't really see even under Powell and only a few times under Curbs
    Turning supporter apathy in August into one of the largest, noisiest, most united turnouts ever by our supporters at Wembley 9 months later.

I mean, I honestly don't know what more he could have done. Yet here we are, at the 11th hour, and things are merely "beginning to move in the right direction". And it's not even as if it appears a difficult deal to do - Bowyer really, truly wants to stay FFS!

We didn’t pay a fee for anyone but let’s be honest we still had a very good squad for the third tier. Don’t get me wrong, he done an outstanding job but all we did was win promotion from the third tier. Of course we need to keep him but I think his achievements are slightly exaggerated, mostly because of the shit over the last few years. 
    Are you in the pub?
    Unfortunately not 
  • It genuinely staggers me that some fans can't see how big the job Lee Bowyer has done in the last 15-16 months or so whatever it is. It really reminds me of the late 80's when Lennie Lawrence would defy the odds every year.

Maybe you had to be sitting on the coach at 2am on the way back from Blackpool away two seasons ago having lost 0-1 season all but over with 3 months of the season to play. Maybe you had to see those lows first hand amongst many others we saw during our 3 year stint in League One to appreciate the work Bowyer has done in the last 15-16 months but i'm not even sure I can put into words what Bowyer has done for us. We owe Bowyer big time for last season. I'd love someone like grapevine to put into words just what Bowyer has done for the club.
    In fairness I think 99% of supporters do. The other 1% are wrong.

I say that as someone who was highly sceptical that Bowyer would be any good when he was first appointed. 
  • se9addick said:
    It genuinely staggers me that some fans can't see how big the job Lee Bowyer has done in the last 15-16 months or so whatever it is. It really reminds me of the late 80's when Lennie Lawrence would defy the odds every year.

Maybe you had to be sitting on the coach at 2am on the way back from Blackpool away two seasons ago having lost 0-1 season all but over with 3 months of the season to play. Maybe you had to see those lows first hand amongst many others we saw during our 3 year stint in League One to appreciate the work Bowyer has done in the last 15-16 months but i'm not even sure I can put into words what Bowyer has done for us. We owe Bowyer big time for last season. I'd love someone like grapevine to put into words just what Bowyer has done for the club.
    In fairness I think 99% of supporters do. The other 1% are wrong.

I say that as someone who was highly sceptical that Bowyer would be any good when he was first appointed. 

I agree. Don’t think there are many at all who can’t see the immense job Lee has done. It will be devastating to lose him.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    It genuinely staggers me that some fans can't see how big the job Lee Bowyer has done in the last 15-16 months or so whatever it is. It really reminds me of the late 80's when Lennie Lawrence would defy the odds every year.

Exactly who are all these fans who can’t see what a great job LB has done? I haven’t seen any evidence that there more than one or two at the most.....one of whom posted earlier today and was rounded on immediately by several of us.
    I honestly have seen no other evidence of such an opinion expressed on here or anywhere else come to that?
  • edited June 2019
    Uboat said:

I know it's been said an million times before, but what an absolute shambles. The job Bowyer has done... for the single season performance he's just had - well... it's got to be up there with anything Seed, Lawrence, Curbs, or Powell ever achieved... the best managers this club has ever know.

Eh?
    Parp 
  • Bowyer signing I reckon would meet with the change of ownership.

In  Bowyer we trust.
  • 40 pages since the mods last updated the thread title.
    Seriously, it’s like nothings happened...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!