Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    1699 was the year one of the Sikh gurus pulled an epic fakeout non-human sacrifice at the Baisakhi festival. Maybe a bad omen 
    If you want an omen, it was also the year when William Dampier (scientist and pirate) was exploring Western Australia...
  • 1699, William Kidd the pirate is imprisoned in Boston Massachusetts.
  • As someone mentioned earlier, such deals would have to be kept quiet for a number of legal reasons.  With that in mind this must be at an advanced stage (is what I’m clinging to) or a repeat of the January shite to generate interest.  Of course we’ve all seen it before.
  • Can confirm this one has legs, been keeping that close to my chest for months 
  • This story (about Dalman) is now 'breaking' everywhere, BBC just picked it up, Cardiff City on-line also quoting it, obviously the Evening Standard now confirming they knew about it 3 months ago...this i think either has legs and is putting pressure on RD to sell, or RD using it to put pressure on the Aussies. As i said in a post a few minutes ago...I believe something is happening and he's gone by 24th June.

Flying out to Gran Canaria on the 22nd - could be a REALLY booze-fuelled holiday! Either be celebrating or drowning my sorrows.
  • edited June 2019
    Can confirm this one has legs, been keeping that close to my chest for months 
    Dalman on the left. Who’s the other gentleman?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cawley’s last tweet is either a horrible tease or very interesting.
  • WISTCCFWTHDD
    (When I see the charlton corner flag with the headline done deal)
  • https://twitter.com/richcawleyslp/status/1138825050533113860?s=21

I know he’s just mucking about but Christ Rich talk about getting our hopes up. 
  • 1700, The Treaty of London is signed between England,France & Holland.
  • Hopefully the experience Dalman obtained in handling that idiot Tan can now be put to good use with the Rat.
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    He worked in London for at least 25 years, first knew him at an Investment Bank and he went off to work for a hedge fund for a while. Has been doing business in the Middle East for years.
    No doubt he's decent on a personal level and he's certainly come across well in Cardiff, but when I worked with him in early 2000s he was very dodgy. Under normal circumstances I'd say it's not good news, but he can't be worse than Roland (can he?). 
    He has many contacts, the club is crying out for investment. Where was it Commerzbank?
    Yes. 

• Can confirm this one has legs, been keeping that close to my chest for months 
    Just trying NOT to visualise that. :(
  • I've said this before and I'll say it again: I'll believe it when it happens.
  • edited June 2019
    his wiki page (no it wasn't me):

Mehmet Dalman (born 1958) is a British-Turkish Cypriot investment banker.[2] He is the owner of Charlton Athletic.
  • Sponsored links:

• God knows mate @flyingkiwiDK I just found a picture of him on Google with his legs showing.

Tell you what is very promising if this does come to life. It was Dalman who convinced Tan to go back to blue for Cardiff, which says a lot in my book. This isn't no egomaniac narcissist. This is a man with a plan. I hope this is finally it, got a really good feeling this time, never have done before 
  • Did anyone see him at Wembley?
  • 1699, William Kidd the pirate is imprisoned in Boston Massachusetts.
    1699, William Kidd the pirate is imprisoned in Boston Massachusetts.

Peace Treaty of Constantinople was signed in 1700 if you are looking for an omen.
  • 1700 pages for the greatest thread of all time
  • This story (about Dalman) is now 'breaking' everywhere, BBC just picked it up, Cardiff City on-line also quoting it, obviously the Evening Standard now confirming they knew about it 3 months ago...this i think either has legs and is putting pressure on RD to sell, or RD using it to put pressure on the Aussies. As i said in a post a few minutes ago...I believe something is happening and he's gone by 24th June.

And the fact that RD has gone public about the aussies and stating he was hoping for one party to have concluded the deal (possibly Aussies) shortly after play offs tells me he just wants out now. That is why he is under no pressure to get Bowyers contract done. I felt all along the lack of info from the club on Bowyers signing, Jackson signing, Williams now talking up that he wants to stay at Charlton (sounds like he has an inkling of what is going on). the lack of players in and out. It wouldn't surprise me subject to conclusion of takeover whoever is successful will depends on what players they can go for. Wouldn't surprise me if they are talking to various players/agents already. 
  • bobmunro said:
    I refuse to get excited about this - I'm not thinking about it any more, no I'm not - I'M NOT!
    Sounds like a 10CC song
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!