Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Are we the only Club he still owns?
    Sorry, I should know but......

Kind of hoping that if we’re the last to go, he might just say, ‘feck it Mehmet, it’s yours’

I know. 

Straws, clutching. 
    Still has the German club and his family still has the Hungarian club, I think.
    Only ever owned 49% of Jena (that's why they are relatively successful). His son "owns" Ujpest. He still owns Stayen, where STVV play. Nevertheless even at a realistic price Charlton are worth probably more than all three above holdings put together. I think that's the problem. In order to boast in some Belgian Freemasons dinner that he showed others how to personally profit from football, he is determined to get as much as possible for us. :-(
  • bobmunro said:
    I refuse to get excited about this - I'm not thinking about it any more, no I'm not - I'M NOT!
    Yes you ARE. 
  • please please please please please let this be true!

A wealthy guy who has experience in English football who seems well thought of by Cardiff fans sounds too good to be true. 

He is just what we need a guy who can come in provide a a plan and give Bowyer the tools. 

if Bowyer is still here!

the next 48 hours could be huge 
  • https://twitter.com/richcawleyslp/status/1138825050533113860?s=21

I know he’s just mucking about but Christ Rich talk about getting our hopes up. 
    A guy on twitter said he'd take Rich with him and his family on holiday if it got done tonight. Don't anyone read too much into it
  • bobmunro said:
    I refuse to get excited about this - I'm not thinking about it any more, no I'm not - I'M NOT!
    Yes you ARE. 

See the source image
  • Here's what will probably happen: Paddy will cut his hair, lose his batting form and we won't be sold 
  • edited June 2019
    1701, Anders Celsius dies.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think that it's all a ruse by Henry to get the numbers on this bloody thread up. 
  • Two and a half weeks before the end of the Football year isnt it?

Reckon we could see something completed by then if its ever going to happen - You'd hope so thats for sure as thats when Bauer and Aribo etc. really will be Free Transfers so would be nice to go back to them both with proper offers that they deserve before they decide on somewhere else!!
  • This seems to be doing the rounds quite quickly, which means from what I can see from twitter, a lot of journos have been sitting on this for a while. Which either means this is happening fairly imminently, or it’s a last attempt by the buyer to push through the sale.
  • bobmunro said:
    Talal said:
    Won't be getting excited until I see "done deal" again. 

Surely WIOTOS
    WIOTVOTV
  • edited June 2019
    This seems to be doing the rounds quite quickly, which means from what I can see from twitter, a lot of journos have been sitting on this for a while. Which either means this is happening fairly imminently, or it’s a last attempt by the buyer to push through the sale.
    Questioned myself towards the end of the season if Roland would be more eager to sell if we were in the Championship

If this goes through then surely its clear that he never wanted us out of League One
  • Assuming Dalman will need to sell his share in Cardiff first?
  • Sponsored links:

• I mean the fact that not one contract has been renewed yet, even JFC for example who you’d assume would just sign straight away, is it all due to this?  
    He isn't a shareholder in Cardiff. 
    Don’t think he has shares in Cardiff. He’s just the Chairman. 
    Read somewhere that he doesn't have in share in Cardiff and thus wants to buy his own football club. So if true that shouldn't be an issue
    Don’t think he owns shares, he might be a director, so all he needs to do is resign that position.
    I’m sure I’ve read he hasn’t got any financial interest in Cardiff ... 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    As this one has come out of nowhere. 

I actually believe it could have some legs... It would be fantastic if it was something to get excited about. 

I can never be too excited as Duchatelet could still frick us over.
    Exactly what I was thinking. The fact we haven't heard too much about this before means I will take a little more notice 
  • This story (about Dalman) is now 'breaking' everywhere, BBC just picked it up, Cardiff City on-line also quoting it, obviously the Evening Standard now confirming they knew about it 3 months ago...this i think either has legs and is putting pressure on RD to sell, or RD using it to put pressure on the Aussies. As i said in a post a few minutes ago...I believe something is happening and he's gone by 24th June.

What's special about June 24th?
  • 1699, William Kidd the pirate is imprisoned in Boston Massachusetts.
    Wonder if he's hanged on page 1701.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!