Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    If it's a strategic leak, I don't think it's from Roland as it doesn't seem like his M.O. to give a definite price like that, especially one short of what we'd previously been lead to believe he wanted.... Unless he's finally getting desperate.

Not impossible but my gut says it's not him behind this one.
  • Options
    Interesting in that this bidder, albeit under the anonymity of a Standard article, has gone public with a valuation of £30M, whereas NDAs etc have clouded exactly what bids have been made. As the article says, the ball is in RD's court and given the events of the past week and the rejection of his demand by the EFL, if he turns this down his real appetite to offload the club at a realistic price will become apparent to all.
    Does that mean if they buy the club we will have heard the end of the undisclosed fees :)
  • Options
    Sollied said:
    Nicola Cortese? Banker and used to work with Southampton. Seemed to be highly regarded there too
    Roland won’t sell to a foreigner. The EFL won’t let it happen.
  • Options
    The 30 mill banker has previous football experience.

He must be a name then. Surely.
  • Options
    If it's true, just accept the offer and do one!

We promise we won't come over and annoy you in Belgium, for at least a week.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Interesting in that this bidder, albeit under the anonymity of a Standard article, has gone public with a valuation of £30M, whereas NDAs etc have clouded exactly what bids have been made. As the article says, the ball is in RD's court and given the events of the past week and the rejection of his demand by the EFL, if he turns this down his real appetite to offload the club at a realistic price will become apparent to all.
    Does that mean if they buy the club we will have heard the end of the undisclosed fees :)
    Doubt it, at least with regard to football transfers. Think they are here to stay.  :)
  • Options
    Maybe this new offer includes paying off the previous shareholders?  Was that always a sticking point in RD's eyes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More bollocks in my view. The takeover has been a myth since Murray lied  expressed a view as to when it would happen this time last year.

There is a televised game at the weekend and rumblings of protests in the air so chuck another sop at the mug customers to burst the bubble and they will meekly accept it.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Maybe this new offer includes paying off the previous shareholders?  Was that always a sticking point in RD's eyes?
    It might do in which case price for the club would only be £23m otherwise the cost to the purchaser rises to £37m. Alternatively the former Directors' charges can be left in place and rolled over. @Davidsmith any snippets?
  • Options
    So a new bid is announced just two days before a big game live on sky.
    I also expect a new bid to be announced as soon as next season's season tickets go on sale.
    This smacks of bullshit to me.
    I would love it to be true but I refuse to get carried away until it happens .
    In the meantime 
    Just sell the club and FUCK OFF. 
  • Options
    Maybe its not banker

Maybe its a W but they had to put a B instead to get past sensors

Any former Wankers(sorry admin) that have prem experience
    That dont make sense; how could Roland buy a club he already owns
    After the EFL "proposal" I won't be surprised if buying his own club is his next brilliant idea.  
    That made me laugh out loud  :) till I realised that was exactly the sort of crackpot idea he MIGHT have.  :s
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    More bollocks in my view. The takeover has been a myth since Murray lied  expressed a view as to when it would happen this time last year.

There is a televised game at the weekend and rumblings of protests in the air so chuck another sop at the mug customers to burst the bubble and they will meekly accept it.
    Do you think Muir sitting in the stands was a myth and all done to stop protests?

If anything, this news will lead to MORE anti-Roland songs on Saturday.  They were already being sung loudly and repeatedly at Donny and Wimbledon and I expect to hear them again v Pompey.
    No I think Muir and co were genuinely interested but Roland's telephone number asking price put them off.

That didn't prevent the hierarchy stringing the prols along with disinformation though in my view.

I have no inside track so my comments regarding the 'takeover' are opinion and speculation but I've seen a lot of life and know just how cunning, mendacious and duplicitous people can be particularly in a business situation. Football is not an industry known for the personal integrity of its members either.

Alan Curbishley was the exception not the rule.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it's a banker that rules out Mike Ashley. Unless it's rhyming slang. 
  • Options
    It has probably been made public by the bidder to put some pressure on Duchatelet to sell. If this is correct, there must be an expectation, or at least a suspicion that he won't sell at that price. Even though it seems more than generous considering it is significantly more than Duchatelet originally paid, and he has hardly improved anything!
    10000%
  • Options
    The protests should still go ahead as per normal.

If the bid is a fake....no one will believe Roland's bullsh*t of....the protest put the buyer off.
  • Options
    I’m in the glass half full side, I think there’s something in this one (but there again I thought the Aussie were getting us as well) as wouldn’t you after that rant to the EFL and his stunning appearance on talk sport and the accidental re painting of some Belgium properties by Banksie, think it’s would be an ideal time to crank up the pressure on him, certainly I would have done something similar. The new people know that if snippets get out then the fans will turn the screws, who know perhaps sing at the next game that just happens to be televised, or try to get Brexit sorted with a commando type incursion into a small town in Belgium? If I was a purchaser I would using all the pressure I could to get the gentleman to budge his position as it could save me a few million. 
  • Options
    Horsfield9 said:
    Typical ........................ Never a bloody taxi driver around to let you know what's going on , when you need one !!
    Where to mate?
  • Options
    PWR

Former Banker with top level experience in football

Any ideas who?
    Paulie, mate! You're better than that!!

Come on fella! PWR!!! Really?
  • Options
    Reggie and his gang to the rescue. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    In the original post about this, back on p 1550, its says that news on takeover will be coming from various outlets (not including VOTV), so we've seen The Standard story, what else, when, and from where is this going to be released @Airman Brown ?

• Options
    Keith Harris has advised alot of owners before they bought teams

Abramovich-Chelsea
    Sinawatra-Man City
    Lerner-Villa

He helped with tne Sale of Fulham from Fayed and advised middle eastern contacts on a failed bid for Liverpool
    Soon to add a failed bid for us to his CV?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!