Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I promise to paint my arse blue if this does NOT come off!

I am bored with the green from the last rumour really, but hey "plus la change" n'all that!
    Hmm, Blue? You must be ITK, he's ex Barcalys isn't he :wink: .
  • Options
    I hope it is not Fred the Shred. Looked what happened to RBS. Iknow from 1st hand experience which is 100% correct. 
  • Options
    PWR

Former Banker with top level experience in football

Any ideas who?
  • Options
    Ground Hog day 
  • Options
    PWR

Any ideas who?

Mervyn King B)

• Options
    addick05 said:

But he's already turned down a bid of £30 million - why would he accept this one? I really think I need to give up football (well, Charlton anyway). Not sure how much more of this I can take.

At some point he is going to have to accept that £30m or thereabouts is all he is going to get.  The more he digs his heels in and holds on the club, the more money he is going to lose.

If he really does want out, he should take this money and run and chalk up his losses to being a stupid old man who got in over his head.
  • Options

Oi!  That's my line

You snooze , you loose :)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting in that this bidder, albeit under the anonymity of a Standard article, has gone public with a valuation of £30M, whereas NDAs etc have clouded exactly what bids have been made. As the article says, the ball is in RD's court and given the events of the past week and the rejection of his demand by the EFL, if he turns this down his real appetite to offload the club at a realistic price will become apparent to all.
    Was thinking the same thing.

Playing this out semi-publicly puts pressure on Roland but there are no names so no NDA broken.
    Yes, can't imagine Roland will be happy it being played out in public.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    PWR

Any ideas who?

Mervyn King B)
    Comedy Gold.....Oh hang on a minute I wonder if the B of E are are a few ingots short  :D.
  • Options
    I promise to paint my arse blue if this does NOT come off!

I am bored with the green from the last rumour really, but hey "plus la change" n'all that!
    Do we get a photo? 
  • Options
    I believe the rejected £35m offer was the one that involved Varney. Maybe that's why it was rejected. Perhaps this new one is structured differently. 
  • Options
    Said I wouldn't get excited again. But I fucking well have. 

If protests/action has been planned for Saturday (been out the loop) then they should still go forward, as this saga has still gone on too long and in my opinion protests will not put more pressure on Roland to sell.
  • Options
    Sollied said:
    Nicola Cortese? Banker and used to work with Southampton. Seemed to be highly regarded there too
    Pals with Jim White an all -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1cb4IKt1ls
  • Options

• Options
    I didn't know until I just googled 'bankers with football backgrounds" that Maurizio Sarri used to combine working in banking with being involved in amateur football. I wonder.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't know until I just googled 'bankers with football backgrounds" that Maurizio Sarri used to combine working in banking with being involved in amateur football. I wonder.......
    Well he might be free in a few weeks.
  • Options
    I just did the same and found that out lol, like u I had no idea
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    A foreign banker has got no chance, the Douchbag has said as much about the nationality of his preferred purchaser.
  • Options
    Roland's envoy might need the good old fashioned long hard look in the mirror.
    Does he want to be a man of decency, reason, honesty and common sense, or be know as the person whose raison d'etre is to second guess a nutcase, and roll turds in glitter.
  • Options
    Please be true this time!!!  Come on Roland you old scrote, sell up and f**k off!!!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    A foreign banker has got no chance, the Douchbag has said as much about the nationality of his preferred purchaser.
    I think that was just another excuse. He'll sell to anyone if the price is right - since when has he cared about Charlton that much?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!