Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Breaking news....... Roland Duchatelet has put CCTV in all his properties........ Bromley addicts have made a bid for Cafc but rejected ...........The Boycotters have decided to return to the valley.........The upper north have decided to boycott.......The west stand will all stand up and wave their blankets in unison on Saturday.......Richard Murray's consortium wins the race to take over CAFC.......Peter Varney and Airman Brown Boycott home games..........Roland accepts 35 million and another 35 million when CAFC get in the Premier...............Charlton Life members are divided on this news....

• Options
    Got to be Keith Harris 
  • Options
    Jumped 22 pages to this latest news. I don’t think I missed much!
  • Options
    Holds chin in left hand whilst tapping the desk with right .... I ain’t holding my breath #TeamWIOTOS
  • Options
    cant be harris if he is on the Everton board?
  • Options
    The bid is £30m, which is, if I’m not mistaken, the same as the bid that was rejected a couple of weeks back. Or at least that was what we were told. 
    But it might explain why Airman launched a vicious personal attack on Gerard Murphy in the early hours this morning ;-)
  • Options
    Look at the state the clubs in after five years of being owned by this  "Merchant Banker" do we need another? 😉

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Fred Goodwin ? 
    A great name for a club owner!
  • Options
    Is the ex Arsenal guy an ex banker ? Certainly has top level experience
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Please God don't let it be Fred The Shred >:)
  • Options
    as the AWB would say 'let's go round again'
  • Options
    Apologies if this has already been covered but it seems to me that the Aussies agreed a price. They now realise that the agreed price wasn't agreeable to others in their party.

This now means they don't have an agreed price.

If Douchbag doesn't want to reduce his price because he thinks he's going to get it when the Aussies find enough poor sods to agree to it then the Aussies are effectively out. They wont proceed at the price Douchbag wants and Douchbag won't reduce to their price.

If this is the case then why don't the Aussies tell the whole world "we're out"?

At least then there's no one else who has agreed to Douchbags ridiculous price and he will have to reduce in order to sell.
    The real question is, why doesn't RD go back to The previous bidders that The aussies outbid?

Any ideas @Redhenry
    no idea, I'm afraid 
  • Options

But he's already turned down a bid of £30 million - why would he accept this one? I really think I need to give up football (well, Charlton anyway). Not sure how much more of this I can take.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    The bid is £30m, which is, if I’m not mistaken, the same as the bid that was rejected a couple of weeks back. Or at least that was what we were told. 
    But it might explain why Airman launched a vicious personal attack on Gerard Murphy in the early hours this morning ;-)
    Actually it was £35m (ta @Henry Irving)
  • Options
    Aaaannnnnddddd.................................... we're off again , ladies and gents ..... hold on it's gonna be a bumpy ride !!!!
  • Options
    Aaaannnnnddddd.................................... we're off again , ladies and gents ..... hold on it's gonna be a bumpy ride !!!!
    Oi!  That's my line
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Please God don't let it be Fred The Shred >
    Believe he is keeping his head down in Edinburgh.
  • Options
    VIVA THE TAKEOVER THREAD!
  • Options
    Interesting in that this bidder, albeit under the anonymity of a Standard article, has gone public with a valuation of £30M, whereas NDAs etc have clouded exactly what bids have been made. As the article says, the ball is in RD's court and given the events of the past week and the rejection of his demand by the EFL, if he turns this down his real appetite to offload the club at a realistic price will become apparent to all.
    Was thinking the same thing.

Playing this out semi-publicly puts pressure on Roland but there are no names so no NDA broken.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Please God don't let it be Fred The Shred >
    Believe he is keeping his head down in Edinburgh.
    He's lucky he's still got it......Should've taken him to the Tower! :naughty:
  • Options
    I promise to paint my arse blue if this does NOT come off!

I am bored with the green from the last rumour really, but hey "plus la change" n'all that!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!