Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Nug said:
    I must of missed it, why is there another FF meeting so soon after the last? Is it a new strategy by fans to get the club to embarrass themselves on a more regular basis.
    The club tried to change the agenda to be just about the "vandalism" and the "proposal" and so said they would be another FF meeting to discuss other issues and in particular the transfer window.

Steve Gallen is meant to be there tonight but, no disrespect to SG, I hope the bonkers statement is top of the agenda.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    SG and other staff are at the meeting, which is a full FF, the last one as mentioned was reduced to major issues in the end, with only LdT/TR present, I'm dialled in to this one..

I won't be commenting further until minutes.. soz
  • Options
    Yer man Luke Perry has died. 
    He’s most famous for being in Beverly Hills 90210. 

Its a sign 😞

90,210!!!!!!
  • Options
    1548, Mary, Queen of Scots leaves for France.
  • Options
    1548 Capital (Arsenal) Gold with Jonathan Pearce (live from Highbury)
  • Options
    Nug said:
    I must of missed it, why is there another FF meeting so soon after the last? Is it a new strategy by fans to get the club to embarrass themselves on a more regular basis.

Everyone has been still sitting around the table since last week, but have only just stopped laughing at the owners antics - but LDT has somehow managed to keep a straight face.
  • Options
    Yet another of Roland's "suitors"...   yeh rooight mate!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47301446
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c7eb7a36b2a2/fans-forum-notes-player-and-manager-contracts-and-takeover-update

Takeover

LDT said much of the takeover was discussed last week (in last week's Fans' Forum) and there has been no big changes since then. He said that the owner’s demand had been submitted to the EFL and that they heard back that the EFL have received the request.

He said RD is not willing to decrease the asking price. He said ideas are welcome from the Fans’ Forum to speed up the takeover process.

SC asked about rumours in the press that an offer of £35m had been turned down.

LDT said the only offers that have been refused have been ones where the new owners would pay rent for the stadium and training ground, which would have been separate from the club.

LDT said there had been no £35m offer received for the club.

LDT said RD is only looking to sell the club as a whole – training ground, stadium and the football club.  

• Options
    Scoham said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c7eb7a36b2a2/fans-forum-notes-player-and-manager-contracts-and-takeover-update

Takeover

LDT said much of the takeover was discussed last week (in last week's Fans' Forum) and there has been no big changes since then. He said that the owner’s demand had been submitted to the EFL and that they heard back that the EFL have received the request.

He said RD is not willing to decrease the asking price. He said ideas are welcome from the Fans’ Forum to speed up the takeover process.

SC asked about rumours in the press that an offer of £35m had been turned down.

LDT said the only offers that have been refused have been ones where the new owners would pay rent for the stadium and training ground, which would have been separate from the club.

LDT said there had been no £35m offer received for the club.

LDT said RD is only looking to sell the club as a whole – training ground, stadium and the football club.  

But you have to pay £1 for the club and £77m for the ground and training complex
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I find it interesting (if true) that there have been offers for the club without the land (not that I want them separated, of course.)

To me, one of the big problems associated with Grapevine's idea would be finding someone who wanted to have just the responsibility for the club, to go with a fan led purchase of the land. 

Obviously there are still people who think they can see a way to run the club without bankrupting themselves.

• Options
    Aussies' deal has always been lock stock and barrel. 
  • Options
    Sounds like we're nowhere near.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    But they ain't going to be settling his £70M asking price,so why agree head of terms in the first place...... the dope now seems to think he can get it
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    I just don't believe what LDT says. Whether he is just the mouthpiece for Duchatelet's propaganda or actually has freedom to manage things how he sees fit, he is lying.
    That’s how I see it too 
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

I find it interesting (if true) that there have been offers for the club without the land (not that I want them separated, of course.)

To me, one of the big problems associated with Grapevine's idea would be finding someone who wanted to have just the responsibility for the club, to go with a fan led purchase of the land. 

Obviously there are still people who think they can see a way to run the club without bankrupting themselves.

That’s what Goldberg did when he bought Palace. Noades still owner the ground.
    look how that turned out!
  • Options
    What have the aussies got to lose by giving out an update of where they stand!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably everything they’ve spent on legal and financial advice! They’d be in breach of their NDA 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Probably everything they’ve spent on legal and financial advice! They’d be in breach of their NDA 
    well they could leak it to our James
  • Options
    LDT is a fucking liar and so is his boss, I have no doubt about that. 
    We are doomed to monthly and sometimes weekly forums, which are a complete and utter waste of time. I don't understand why we are still trying to engage with them when they have proved to be so disingenuous. 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    via one of your surveys?
  • Options
    What have the aussies got to lose by giving out an update of where they stand!!!
    This. They don't need to go into the financial details. Just a snap shot of how negotiations have been conducted.

Roland has made no secret that the Aussies have been at the table. Has he not broken it already?
  • Options
    They can only do it in conjunction with, and with the approval of, the club. I suspect that that approval wouldn’t be forthcoming. 

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    But they ain't going to be settling his £70M asking price,so why agree head of terms in the first place...... the dope now seems to think he can get it
    So it’s their fault he’s a lunatic lol 

Is it possible he put the price up during negotiations? Because we went on a winning run maybe? I wouldn’t put it past him. 

But maybe the Aussies did decide to lower their offer after a verbal agreement had been made. They were within their rights to do so if circumstances changed, or if something cropped up that they didn’t like. If he doesn’t like it he can always tell them to do one.

I’m still blaming Roland, rather than the Aussies, or any other buyer for that matter.

Fun house selling analogy:
    You try to sell your house valued at £1.5m for £2m, because you bought it for £1m, but spent £1m doing it up. Someone says great, and gets a survey done. The survey points out a few problems caused by the work you had done, and reveals the house isn’t worth £2m. It’s worth 1.5m
    They offer £1.5. You turn the offer down. 
    You wait for another £2m offer to come along. It doesn’t. Your original buyer still wants to buy your house, but isn’t homeless, so can wait.
    And you want to impress the neighbours by getting a higher price that they thought you would, after you had all the stone cladding installed. 

Not said it's their fault he's a Lunatic? And "blame" is too strong a word...... maybe "reason" is more appropriate.
    I don't believe he put the price up though and if he did I'm sure they are within their rights to call him out NDA or not.
    RD has been quoted on a few occasions of stating the deal that he will settle on had been agreed and then the head of terms agreed on that? 
    So it "appears" that your "but maybe the Aussies did decide to...." would be the more likely scenario...... in which case my point about him believing he can get what he wanted stands, on the original agreement..... and if the Aussies had agreed an unrealistic price originally, then that is somewhere a lunatic may be sitting.
    I agree that the price should have reduced once Roly started to "cash in" his assets, but that would have been the time to call him out if he is the problem.... not keep hanging around like a bad smell, expecting a change and saying nothing aka RM. 

• Options
    CafcSCP said:
    That stopped when Keith Harris came along, although I did get a little message last Saturday. I’d be slaughtered by you lot if I posted it. It’s just not worth it, and it doesn’t take us anywhere new. But clearly Roland doesn’t consider Aussies to be foreigners. 

Btw @AFKABartram was right when he said if you repeat something often enough people start believing it (or words to that effect) - hence this Millwall bootboy is trying keep his head down. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    So it’s their fault he’s a lunatic lol 

Is it possible he put the price up during negotiations? Because we went on a winning run maybe? I wouldn’t put it past him. 

But maybe the Aussies did decide to lower their offer after a verbal agreement had been made. They were within their rights to do so if circumstances changed, or if something cropped up that they didn’t like. If he doesn’t like it he can always tell them to do one.

I’m still blaming Roland, rather than the Aussies, or any other buyer for that matter.

Fun house selling analogy:
    You try to sell your house valued at £1.5m for £2m, because you bought it for £1m, but spent £1m doing it up. Someone says great, and gets a survey done. The survey points out a few problems caused by the work you had done, and reveals the house isn’t worth £2m. It’s worth 1.5m
    They offer £1.5. You turn the offer down. 
    You wait for another £2m offer to come along. It doesn’t. Your original buyer still wants to buy your house, but isn’t homeless, so can wait.
    And you want to impress the neighbours by getting a higher price that they thought you would, after you had all the stone cladding installed. 

Not said it's their fault he's a Lunatic? And "blame" is too strong a word...... maybe "reason" is more appropriate.
    I don't believe he put the price up though and if he did I'm sure they are within their rights to call him out NDA or not.
    RD has been quoted on a few occasions of stating the deal that he will settle on had been agreed and then the head of terms agreed on that? 
    So it "appears" that your "but maybe the Aussies did decide to...." would be the more likely scenario...... in which case my point about him believing he can get what he wanted stands, on the original agreement..... and if the Aussies had agreed an unrealistic price originally, then that is somewhere a lunatic may be sitting.
    I agree that the price should have reduced once Roly started to "cash in" his assets, but that would have been the time to call him out if he is the problem.... not keep hanging around like a bad smell, expecting a change and saying nothing aka RM. 

I agree with very little of that. You’re cutting Roland way too much slack, and you’re way off the mark imho. 
  • Options
     My guess is they're waiting for Roland to drop his asking price. LDT said Roland won't drop the price, so nothing has changed from the Aussies point of view.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!