Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I hate to point this out, but as I understood it, the £30M Aussie bid was only for the club and brand. In that deal, RD was keeping both the training ground and stadium, despite the BS that old bat Murray claimed .RD was going to develop apartments as well, which he would keep in that deal. CAFC would then have been charged a lease for the assets. RD changed the asset valuation so he could value it in the breakup of the club between hard assets (£42M) and soft assets (£30M.) This is why I 180'd on the Aussie deal prospect six months ago. And the Aussies could not even find the money for that crummy arrangement! It would have been worse than the present situation. I would rather have RD owning it all and losing his marbles than selling the club and draining the club dry for a decade-plus by owning the stadium and training ground. The latter situation is the literal end of the club. We would have become Leyton or Coventry. Be careful what you wish for.
    What makes you think that? It seems that there's no reliable source for the figure or for what might or might not have been included. And, of course, all parties would have been under NDA. 

What's your source for this speculation? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I hate to point this out, but as I understood it, the £30M Aussie bid was only for the club and brand. In that deal, RD was keeping both the training ground and stadium, despite the BS that old bat Murray claimed .RD was going to develop apartments as well, which he would keep in that deal. CAFC would then have been charged a lease for the assets. RD changed the asset valuation so he could value it in the breakup of the club between hard assets (£42M) and soft assets (£30M.) This is why I 180'd on the Aussie deal prospect six months ago. And the Aussies could not even find the money for that crummy arrangement! It would have been worse than the present situation. I would rather have RD owning it all and losing his marbles than selling the club and draining the club dry for a decade-plus by owning the stadium and training ground. The latter situation is the literal end of the club. We would have become Leyton or Coventry. Be careful what you wish for.
    What makes you think that? It seems that there's no reliable source for the figure or for what might or might not have been included. And, of course, all parties would have been under NDA. 

What's your source for this speculation? 
    There’s a reliable source for what was included. GM. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    I hate to point this out, but the £35M Aussie bid was only for the club and brand. In that deal, RD was keeping both the training ground and stadium, despite the BS that old bat Murray claimed .RD was going to develop apartments as well, which he would keep in that deal. CAFC would then have been charged a lease for the assets. RD changed the asset valuation so he could value it in the breakup of the club between hard assets and soft assets. This is why I 180'd on the Aussie deal prospect six months ago. And the Aussies could not even find the money for that crummy arrangement! It would have been worse than the present situation. I would rather have RD owning it all and losing his marbles than selling the club and draining the club for a decade-plus by owning the stadium and training ground. The latter situation is the literal end of the club. We would have become Leyton or Coventry.
    That’s wrong. First thing GM told me that their bid was 100% for the club and grounds. He said they wouldn’t want one without the other. 
    Yep. I know. I am fine if what I believe is eventually proven wrong. Really am! But 22 months after this thread started, and my £70M number is now the number most quoted in press accounts. How do you reconcile that? I am just going with the facts as I see them. I think if one thing can be learned so far it is that "insiders" have been nothing but wrong for almost 2 years. At some point one just had to cut bait.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I hate to point this out, but the £35M Aussie bid was only for the club and brand. In that deal, RD was keeping both the training ground and stadium, despite the BS that old bat Murray claimed .RD was going to develop apartments as well, which he would keep in that deal. CAFC would then have been charged a lease for the assets. RD changed the asset valuation so he could value it in the breakup of the club between hard assets and soft assets. This is why I 180'd on the Aussie deal prospect six months ago. And the Aussies could not even find the money for that crummy arrangement! It would have been worse than the present situation. I would rather have RD owning it all and losing his marbles than selling the club and draining the club for a decade-plus by owning the stadium and training ground. The latter situation is the literal end of the club. We would have become Leyton or Coventry.
    That’s wrong. First thing GM told me that their bid was 100% for the club and grounds. He said they wouldn’t want one without the other. 
    Yep. I know. I am fine if what I heard is eventually proven wrong. Really am! But 22 months after this thread started, and my £70M number is now the number most quoted in press accounts. How do you reconcile that? I am just going with the facts as I see them. I think if one thing can be learned so far it is that "insiders" have been nothing but wrong for almost 2 years. At some point one just had to cut bait.
    Only the facts matter. I doubt anyone really cares who said what, when. We just want someone to buy the flippin’ club. 

What’s in the press isn’t alway right anyway. Personally I think you might well be right, but that doesn’t make it a fact. It’s facts that we are lacking. 
  • Options
    @NapaAddick  I don’t dig anyone out on here but have a think about what you’re posting. You seem like a good bloke but you’re coming across more than a bit weird in this occasion. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Yep. I know. I am fine if what I believe is eventually proven wrong. Really am! But 22 months after this thread started, and my £70M number is now the number most quoted in press accounts. How do you reconcile that? I am just going with the facts as I see them. I think if one thing can be learned so far it is that "insiders" have been nothing but wrong for almost 2 years. At some point one just had to cut bait.
    "the £35M Aussie bid was only for the club and brand. In that deal, RD was keeping both the training ground and stadium" 

Are these "facts", @N@NapaAddick ?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    "the £35M Aussie bid was only for the club and brand. In that deal, RD was keeping both the training ground and stadium" 

If so, they would be happy to buy for £1 now!

Bet they don’t.

My guess is that the Aussie offer was for the club and Rolly in his mind separates the two things and the deal stalls.

Nobody is going to pay £35m for a couple of sets of shirts and a bunch of soon to be worthless contracts.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:

Or did RD move the goalposts ? 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I (almost) give up. The Aussie offer wasn’t for the club alone, for flips sake. 
    Lol. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I will not comment on this topic anymore and will no longer try. I really hope everyone's hope and beliefs about Roly selling the whole club at some rational price comes to pass. I really do. For me, no longer looking at the Brexit or Trump threads have made a noticeable positive difference in my experience on this board. By jettisoning this one as well, I think I will be happier, still. Life is too short. Wake me up when we start a new thread "Official: Takeover Announced" and this one is finally closed. Until then, I am no longer interested in this endless thread. It's a negative energy drain. I don't want to come here for that anymore. Good luck!
  • Options
    I believe the official line from the club was that the Aussie bid was for lock stock and barrel as confirmed by Richard Murray
  • Options
    I will not comment on this topic anymore and will no longer try. I really hope everyone's hope and beliefs about Roly selling the whole club at some rational price comes to pass. I really do. For me, no longer looking at the Brexit or Trump threads have made a noticeable positive difference in my experience on this board. By jettisoning this one as well, I think I will be happier, still. Life is too short. Wake me up when we start a new thread "Official: Takeover Announced" and this one is finally closed. Until then, I am no longer interested in this endless thread. It's a negative energy drain. I don't want to come here for that anymore. Good luck!
    You didn’t really need to slate people in your posts. 
  • Options
    1546, Trinity College Cambridge is founded.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    X
  • Options
    Sorry, but you're still talking nonsense.
  • Options
    It's a long time ago now but I'm fairly certain that Napa's suggestion of 77 million was mocked because he argued (repeatedly) that it was the true value of the club and that's what it would sell for. 
    Well, it hasn't sold and any guesses in the national press that Duche wants 77 million are only included to demonstrate how insane he is.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    It's a long time ago now but I'm fairly certain that Napa's suggestion of 77 million was mocked because he argued (repeatedly) that it was the true value of the club and that's what it would sell for. 
    Well, it hasn't sold and any guesses in the national press that Duche wants 77 million are only included to demonstrate how insane he is.
    Yes and on the company accounts thread which I bumped, it's shown that the land is worth £11.7M and the rebuilding costs of the buildings, after 20 years depreciation is £42M.

So arguably the club is worth £11.7M.

What it's not worth is £77M and if it was it would have been sold already.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simple rule of life: Only worth what some-one will pay.

#OWWSOWP
    #OWWSOWPNWSMFFBWTTP
  • Options
    Only Worth What Some One Will Pay, Not What Some Mad Fuckwit From Belgium Wants Them To Pay?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Only Worth What Some One Will Pay, Not What Some Mad Fuckwit From Belgium Wants Them To Pay?
    This
  • Options
    As we are waiting for the sale of Charlton; its only been 22 months and counting - mainly by 3blokes,Here's a little teaser.

Which English player has the most Premier games without getting a full cap. Try not to cheat !  I really struggled with this one.

Any breaking news will take priority.
    Reo-Coker?

I know he never got a cap but was on standby for a World Cup and a European Championships. 
    Was anyone listening to 5 Live last night? They were talking about the problem with Solskjaer not being able to attract as many big names as Pep and Klopp and either Jermaine Jenas or the other one said “If you’re Nigel Reo-Coker are you really gonna sign for Solskjaer over Pep or Klopp?”. Have I missed something? I didn’t understand why they were talking about big names then they mentioned him?
  • Options
    Another man down. Lest we forget.
  • Options
    So if there really was a bid of £30m for the club, then technically that’s as close we have to a a true ‘value’, even if it it was rejected. 

The stuff about Klopp and Pepp is for a different thread isn’t it?

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    So if there really was a bid of £30m for the club, then technically that’s as close we have to a a true ‘value’, even if it it was rejected. 

Unless they are in with the EFL consortium trying to get the £1 together to take over the club, without the assets.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I didn't know where else to put it and someone mentioned NRC so I thought that was good enough.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Spot on. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!