Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Bubble said:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6757691/Charlton-owner-Roland-Duchatelet-demands-EFL-acquire-League-One-club.html

Reports Roland rejected a £30 Million bid just weeks ago.

”Desperate to sell” my arse
    This is the problem. He won't sell for a reasonable price and he is not a sane man. He made a big mistake, he needs to take the hit and go.
  • Options
    He is giving 70+ years old people a bad name, younger people will think that once they reach 70 they go a bit.....bit......eh.. what was I saying, sorry
  • Options
    Wants a ridiculous price but it seems he also doesn’t want to deal with the previous directors.
  • Options
    Well. He is swapping his integrity/reputation for money, the silly old fool. Keep the pressure up
  • Options
    1545, The Mary Rose sinks in The Solent .                
    I just hope Roland's solution to this mess isn't to sink Charlton.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Ducktape selling the club without the ground would inevitably lead to another move from the Valley but would be worth it to see the back of the scroat. It would be easier this time and quicker. 

1. Planning laws are stricter
    2. The council knows what happened last time if Roly doesn't
    3. The stadium is in slightly better nick than last time
    4. Can imagine a share with Orient would suit both parties. Or in CCC share with Fulham, commuting by boat
    5. Not imagining any of the above, RD will have painted himself into a corner and surely throw in the towel quickly
    6. The Ozzies should still be around

Is there anyone CAFC like PV who could finance such a strategy?  £2-3m in L1, perhaps up tp £5m in Champ depending on landlord. I'd say 2 years max if we could get ducks aligned for August. I'd welcome back RM if he'd stump up for it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been busy for a couple of days.

Have I missed anything?
  • Options
    Well Henry........
  • Options

Have I missed anything?
    Nah, only the usual Charlton stuff, just a normal day at the office.
  • Options
    Mal said:

Have I missed anything?
    Thanks, glad to read all is well.
  • Options
    Mal said:

Have I missed anything?
    EFL moving their headquarters to the Valley, while our home games are on Hackney Marshes, so all good
  • Options
    Mal said:
    Mal said:

Have I missed anything?
    EFL moving their headquarters to the Valley, while our home games are on Hackney Marshes, so all good
    Sure the owner has a good reason for that
  • Options
    Mal said:
    Mal said:

Have I missed anything?
    Yep, he's gone loopy!
  • Options
    Mal said:
    Mal said:
    Mal said:

Have I missed anything?
    Yep, he's gone loopy!
    But he's a successful business man
  • Options
    Mal said:
    Mal said:
    Mal said:

Have I missed anything?
    Yep, he's gone loopy!
    But he's a successful business man
    In Electronics maybe, but no successful businessman would buy something like a football club without some knowledge of how to run it, or even employ someone who knows how to run a club. I dont believe he brought the club to ever see it advance up the leagues, his latest outburst has signalled his intentions right from the off, he wants to sell the land, and he is not going to budge from what he see's as it's worth.

• Options
    What was all that about #WIOTOS again?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The man is mentally ill.
  • Options
    The man is mentally ill.
    That may be true but it doesn't help us

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Chizz said:
    £70M. Told ya. Knew it all along.
    Woah back there.  

Just take a second and think about what you're saying.  Because it looks very much like you're saying you're as mentally stable as Roland. Is that what you'd like people to be thinking..?
    Actually it is £70m + £7M in loans to directors, which is not included. £77M. Spot on to my prediction.

I just understood how RD thinks. Many of you kept saying "He can't as for that, its absurd!" Or, "no one is going to pay that much!" or "He can't possibly demand a profit given we are one league lower!"

Well, he did. And he is.

He is crazy enough to lose more and more money every month rather than be... rational. The difference is that I was 100% correct in my assessment of the situation while most here kept thinking he would be rational. To me it was an obvious situation.

I think the verdict is in. I was right. And I was right 1500+ pages ago. Meanwhile we have many so-called "smart people" here who kept saying "Two weeks away" or "Announcement on Tuesday!" They were 100% wrong. And here we are almost 2 years later.

Sorry to gloat but I took a lot of crap for 2 years. So I feel justified in pointing out I was the one here who wound up closest to the facts. Have a good weekend!
    Mic drops are banned mate ;-)
    Not saying you’re wrong, but there’s never been a 100% known price as far as I’m aware. £70m would certainly account for why no sale has happened though. I’ve never heard anything about the business side of the deal so wouldn’t know, but haven’t people been saying £40m? Personally I’d say that he was a fool for turning down £30m. 

Edit:

Hey, I just read the end of your post and you’ve given me crap, despite bemoaning the fact others have you crap. Dual standards. 
    Anyway, I never said ‘two weeks’, or ‘announcement on Tursday’, I merely repeated was GM thought was going to happen. In his words. 
    And now we’d all love to know what he’s thinking I expect. But I doubt he has a clue what’s happening, because he’s dealing with Roland.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    He is a total fool for not taking £35M. I have just accepted he is a total fool and never think he will change. Unless he feels.... threatened. If what transpired last week continues, I think he may finally want to cut his losses.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I hate to point this out, but as I understood it, the £30-35M Aussie bid was only for the club and brand. It had to be given the old nutter wants 70M. In that deal, RD would keep both the training ground and stadium, despite the BS that old bat Murray claimed to the contrary. RD was going to develop apartments as well, which he would keep in the sale. CAFC would then have been charged a lease for the assets. All the other bidders were in the same boat, which is why RD claimed "the price has been agreed." RD changed the asset valuation so he could value it in the breakup of the club between fixed assets (£42M) and soft assets (£30M.) This is why I 180'd on the Aussie deal prospect six months ago. And the Aussies could not even find the money for that crummy arrangement! It would have been worse than the present situation. I would rather have RD owning it all and losing his marbles than selling the club and draining the club dry for a decade-plus by owning the stadium and training ground. The latter situation is the literal end of the club. We would have become Leyton or Coventry. Be careful what you wish for.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!