Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• no one has shown me proof
  • razil said:

no one has shown me proof

Nor have I, which is why I said "we've been told" you'd have to ask @Airman Brown
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

One thing to consider is that the club now refuse to talk to the press about the takeover, saying that they will make any statement through the forum. This is all bollocks as far as I'm concerned, but the local press doesn't have the leverage any more.

What should concern people is that there is a least one person going to FF meetings as a fans' representative and backing RD, while attacking people who criticise the regime. While that might represent a slither of Charlton supporters' views, there is no one regularly present who represents the other extreme and perhaps there needs to be.

Can CARD not get a seat at the table? I can see why the club wouldnt want them to, but if City Addicks can get a spot it seems ridiculous CARD can't.
    Joking, right?
    No, if the club were serious about listening to fans theyd be willing to listen to all fans, however the FF is just a box ticking exercise.
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

It is far from perfect and not used as well as it should by the club but it's one of the few places fans can directly question the regime and speak truth to power.

The very reluctant denial, under pressure, from LDT about the £70m rebuff, was one example of this.
    I’m just bitter because I’m not allowed to go.
    At least when the BBBC Addicks takes off I’ll have a representative there.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

One thing to consider is that the club now refuse to talk to the press about the takeover, saying that they will make any statement through the forum. This is all bollocks as far as I'm concerned, but the local press doesn't have the leverage any more.

What should concern people is that there is a least one person going to FF meetings as a fans' representative and backing RD, while attacking people who criticise the regime. While that might represent a slither of Charlton supporters' views, there is no one regularly present who represents the other extreme and perhaps there needs to be.

Can CARD not get a seat at the table? I can see why the club wouldnt want them to, but if City Addicks can get a spot it seems ridiculous CARD can't.
    Joking, right?
    No, if the club were serious about listening to fans theyd be willing to listen to all fans, however the FF is just a box ticking exercise.
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

It is far from perfect and not used as well as it should by the club but it's one of the few places fans can directly question the regime and speak truth to power.

The very reluctant denial, under pressure, from LDT about the £70m rebuff, was one example of this.
    For a small fee you can represent ChinaAddicks.

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Joking, right?
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

Yet we've been told there's proof the denial was a bare-faced lie.

If the club is willing to sit there and lie to fans giving up their free time to attend, you have to wonder how seriously they are taking it.
    I’ve never claimed to have “proof”, just as I never had “proof” of Muir’s involvement with the Aussies, until he turned up nine months later at The Valley. I do have the word of someone I trust on it, which is good enough for me.

What I did say, for LDT’s benefit, was that proof might emerge. The whole point of that was to corner him on it at the FF, where people could make their own judgement. The lie - omitted from the record of the meeting because it is a lie - is the result.
    Omitted from the regime's record but not the record on CL
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Joking, right?
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

If the club is willing to sit there and lie to fans giving up their free time to attend, you have to wonder how seriously they are taking it.
    Exactly, the denial was a lie and that was the point of pushing him

Again, we seem to be in the realm of if something isn't 100% effective it is 0% effective.

The Fans forum isn't the problem, it's the regime.
    We knd of agree then, I think the FF used to be a great idea, pre~RD, but when theregime clearly hold fans in contempt and are willing to blatently lie to them, I think its hard to argue they are attending for any other reason than ticking a box.

That is 100% the fault of the ownership.

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Joking, right?
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

I’ve never claimed to have “proof”, just as I never had “proof” of Muir’s involvement with the Aussies, until he turned up nine months later at The Valley. I do have the word of someone I trust on it, which is good enough for me.

What I did say, for LDT’s benefit, was that proof might emerge. The whole point of that was to corner him on it at the FF, where people could make their own judgement. The lie - omitted from the record of the meeting because it is a lie - is the result.
    Fair enough, I'd taken this post:

razil said:

He can simply deny anything we put to him unless we have evidence

If he’s the honest guy that some believe him to be then he won’t be comfortable lying. And he might want to consider what evidence may emerge to expose him if he does.
    To mean that you'd seen proof that it had happened, so now we can't be sure the price jacking even happened.

Nothing involnving CAFC is straight forward anymore :(
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Joking, right?
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

Again, we seem to be in the realm of if something isn't 100% effective it is 0% effective.

We knd of agree then, I think the FF used to be a great idea, pre~RD, but when theregime clearly hold fans in contempt and are willing to blatently lie to them, I think its hard to argue they are attending for any other reason than ticking a box.

It's not just that thought is it. They're clearly using it as a vehicle to try and get others to make a move and failing miserably like they always do.

Why doesn't everyone just put their cards on the table and explain to people exactly what the bloody hell is going on. Not difficult is it?

We are talking about the right to buy a THIRD tier English football club.

It's hardly Vodafone and Mannesmann!
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Joking, right?
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

It's not just that thought is it. They're clearly using it as a vehicle to try and get others to make a move and failing miserably like they always do.

Why doesn't everyone just put their cards on the table and explain to people exactly what the bloody hell is going on. Not difficult is it?

So you want RD to say -

"I still haven't got a credible buyer with available funds that are willing to invest and no other party are in position or willing to buy at the price I have set ? "

You want the Aussies to say -

"After 2 years of trying to raise the funds, we still haven't managed it and are trying to reduce the agreed price". :smile:
  • edited February 2019
    I know some fans look at this thread with anticipation, some just hope, some frustration and some boredom, but I think it is now plain that we are stuck with RD for the foreseeable future. Obviously the Aussies overstretched themselves when agreeing to the ludicrous figure RD asked for. Other potential buyers are put off by the figure the Aussies have agreed to. It would appear that the Aussies will have to admit they have not got the money and try to renegotiate with RD who will try not to lower his demands. I cannot see anything changing before the end of the season and NO I am not ITK, just reasoning it out that to take this long there is no other alternatives. Please someone ITK prove me wrong
  • Thing is @nth london addick you say he’s the cold hearted bastard that made him a billionaire. Cold hearted billionaire bastards don’t fund anything that costs them millions for no return. You can’t have it both ways ?

We don’t know how much this is costing him in real terms

I get pleasure from sponsoring a boxer but one of the good things is that sponsorship shows before I pay tax and is a cost to the business , It doesn’t equate to the same amount of corporation tax that I pay but it does come off that figure before I pay it

I may be well wrong as I am trying to second guess a loonie but what if he would be paying tax to the equivalent of what he is funding cafc

He is no worse off and he is getting his own back
    I’m afraid the evil genius line doesn’t cut it with me because so many of the things he has done and said are so obviously stupid. If he wanted to punish people - presumably including the “super guy” Murray, or is he enjoying his own humiliation? - he could do a much better job and spend a lot less money in the process.

I’m not a tax expert but while you can use losses to reduce your tax liability I doubt if it’s that easy to wipe them out. He’s wasted tens of millions and that is what he is trying to get back.

Again you don’t employ one of the country’s leading law firms in order not to sell the club, neither are Jim White or others as gullible as you imagine to fit your version.

Also he’s 72. He has no political ambition or opportunity left and he was resoundingly thrashed when he tried that route. I do think he knows that.

The bloke can barely construct a coherent sentence and even allowing for English not being his first language his attempt to explain the situation on talkSPORT was meandering nonsense, as nearly everybody recognised.
    You continue to mention the country’s top law firm but have you any hard evidence of how much money has been spent and on what, if anything they have been tasked to do?
    And I’m not talking about hearsay from a friend of a friend.

As far as I can see potential suitors have only really scratched the surface despite what the Belgian and his representatives say. That wouldn’t incur much in costs from any law firm. I understand they may have been consulted when the initial decision was made to sell but I’m guessing a bulk of internal law matters could have been done by his own people.
    The idea that mishcon de reya's top brass are working around the clock to get this over the line are clearly unfounded.
    You're last paragraph sums it up for me. It is sitting in deadlock with no one working on it or progressing the takeover by the Aussies. It doesn't take that long, the process has stopped, it is dead. But because they were significantly the highest bidders Roland is hanging on for them while not entertaining any lesser possibly.
  • I think it has taken a while, but we have managed to work out that the scumbag wont sell unless he drops the price significantly. It all seems a bit pointless expending any hope anymore.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Joking, right?
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

For a small fee you can represent ChinaAddicks.
    Send me your PayPal deets.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Joking, right?
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

So you want RD to say -

"I still haven't got a credible buyer with available funds that are willing to invest and no other party are in position or willing to buy at the price I have set ? "

"After 2 years of trying to raise the funds, we still haven't managed it and are trying to reduce the agreed price". :smile:
    Well if that is indeed what is going on then why not?

The Aussies will be viewed with a fair amount of trepidation should they ever manage to get this over the line and rightly so. There's no NDA bullshit to worry about. Leven the Turk has mentioned them on numerous occasions.
    I'm not expecting much from Duchatelet. We know what he's about.
    The last thing we need is another group skulking around in the shadows. We've had years and years of that.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Joking, right?
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

So you want RD to say -

Well if that is indeed what is going on then why not?

The Aussies will be viewed with a fair amount of trepidation should they ever manage to get this over the line and rightly so. There's no NDA bullshit to worry about. Leven the Turk has mentioned them on numerous occasions.
    I'm not expecting much from Duchatelet. We know what he's about.
    The last thing we need is another group skulking around in the shadows. We've had years and years of that.
    Who knows.
  • This takeover talk is like Brexit talk, booooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnng.

As soon as it 'finally' happens then I will celebrate. Jim White for me was the final straw when I got excited when he announced takeover happening soon but that was a load of old pony!
  • DiscoCAFC said:

This takeover talk is like Brexit talk, booooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnng.

As soon as it 'finally' happens then I will celebrate. Jim White for me was the final straw when I got excited when he announced takeover happening soon but that was a load of old pony!

I booked a train ticket for the Shrewsbury game on the strength of being sold next week.

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Joking, right?
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

I thought all parties have to agree on the minutes before they are released into the public domain? This question and resulting lie answer should not have been ommited.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Joking, right?
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

I thought all parties have to agree on the minutes before they are released into the public domain? This question and resulting lie answer should not have been ommited.
    Maybe a follow up question in the next FF as to why and how this could happen?
    If they start omissions it can lead to more accusations and more mistrust, not that I have any trust in this mob.
  • What s the minimum we need to compete next season and still be within league rules?
    Can Roland let all contracts run out, sign no one and play an academy team for instance?
  • WHAddick said:

What s the minimum we need to compete next season and still be within league rules?
    Can Roland let all contracts run out, sign no one and play an academy team for instance?

Can do whatever he wants as long as the fixtures are fulfilled as far as I’m aware.

• I'm not convinced about the spite element, but he is clearly stubborn and in his eyes wants to show that he's not lost out significantly on his disastrous acquisition of Charlton: he certainly doesn't want to admit that doing no effective due diligence was a mistake.

I don't think he is particularly motivated by spiting us - but equally he's not motivated not to. And he finds himself in a situation where he wants to not lose face so holds out for an unrealistic price and won't shift because he's stubborn even though it will cost him a lot more in the long run. I think his stubbornness is a defining characteristic and no sale is going to happen under him. His heirs will end up selling a team that yo-yos between Leagues 1 and 2, I've no idea when.

It might even be worth putting some pressure on them to have a word with their old man.

• It appears that the Australians did us a huge disservice (albeit unintentionally) by agreeing, subject to contract, an inflated price, which Duchâtelet is refusing to budge from. The best outcome might be for them to publicy walk away, in the hope that a more realistic price can ultimately be agreed for our loss-making football club.

Nothing is likely to happen between now and the end of the season and with two-thirds of our squad’s contracts expiring in June (together with Lee Bowyer’s) we are soon going to be looking into the abyss.

Duchatelet feels he can hang on without lowering his price but the reality is that he really only has one more saleable asset in the form of Lyle Taylor. His response, I suspect will be to try and reduce the budget further, although it’s difficult to see what further meaningful cuts he can make.

All very depressing.
  • Any idea if it was the same Aussies at the Notts game on the weekend?
  • Out of the blue from a mate got a message saying, unnamed on here , trying to buy us but funnily enough our owner being difficult .

I looked up the mob who it could be and it makes no sense ...
    cos they currently own a club but It may be the people who previously owned the business who sold it to them who may be looking to buy us

What a load of shit

Still just a reminder our owner is a back and front (is that allowed )
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!