Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

i'm not convinced the aussies aren't a stooge outfit in cahoots with rd - probably not but i haven't ruled it out

They’re definitely not.
    I'm not so sure.

Why would a group from the other side of the world let this drag on for as long as it has? It's nonsense . Which in turn fits the Duchatelet way of doing rhings
    I spoke to Gerard Murphy at length about his plans and the majority of it was laughable.
    That's interesting, what are his plans and why laughable? Bit worrying if they do manage to break the deadlock.
  • What is damning and quite inspiring is that the one individual mentioned is so far removed from the general mood of the FF, he is also allowed to have his view but to say he is attacking others is an exaggeration, we would not let him get away with it I can tell you. Does he represent the view of his group? now that is an interesting question that perhaps someone should ask..

Also don't think its fair to suggest that the rest of the FF do not critique the club. It was good to have Ben the other day because he could re-ask some questions with a fresh viewpoint, but for example Ian also from Bromley asks similar questions as do I.

There is room for a more joined up approach though, and I've offered this for months now, but no-one has been in touch.
  • One aspect of the current situation at the club which is without doubt significant but seems to have been “accepted” by the authorities? and less talked about more recently by the fans is the fact that CAFC have not had and not sought to appoint a senior management team for what must be now.... How many months ? This is really a dereliction of responsibility by the owner that shows a contempt of the club. I am no expert in anything to do with company law but surely at some point the EFL have to question this or are they effectively toothless when a sole owner decides to run a football club in a fashion that flys in the face of all accepted and good practice. Perhaps one question for LdT might concern this aspect of the mismanagement?
  • edited February 2019
    Regarding this tax analogy thingy offset against losses

Disclaimer alert * I am no expert

I earn £100 have no losses elsewhere I pay £30 corporation tax leaving £70 then I pay £35 personal tax cos I’m a high earner = £35 in my pocket

I earn £100 but have £10 losses so 30% of £90 paid in corporation tax leaves me with £63 and I then pay £31.50 tax leaving me with £31.50

Or I pay an entrepreneurial relief in it and the £70 leaves me with £63 and the £63 leaves me with £56.70

So if the losses increase against winnings I will lose out more ....

Is this right because no way are his losses a scratch trade .
    He may be losing less than the hardcore number but it’s still a loss £10 cost him £3.50 at the higher tax bracket
    Or £6.30 at the lower end

Still losses of 35% (at the higher end of the tax bracket) or 63% (at the lower end of the tax bracket) on the original losses .

Hardly quids in
  • razil said:

razil said:

When we ask questions like that, and they have been asked more than once, we are simply rebuffed with the NDA get out

Well then it's time to stop attending then.

The whole thing is a charade and by turning up, Swallowing this tripe and coming back for more is ridiculous.

Time to use your time and resource elsewhere.
    What would you prefer me do? Spend more time with my family perhaps?
    Get yourself out there a bit. Network. Those Christmas party guest lists don’t write themselves.... :wink:
  • edited February 2019

One aspect of the current situation at the club which is without doubt significant but seems to have been “accepted” by the authorities? and less talked about more recently by the fans is the fact that CAFC have not had and not sought to appoint a senior management team for what must be now.... How many months ? This is really a dereliction of responsibility by the owner that shows a contempt of the club. I am no expert in anything to do with company law but surely at some point the EFL have to question this or are they effectively toothless when a sole owner decides to run a football club in a fashion that flys in the face of all accepted and good practice. Perhaps one question for LdT might concern this aspect of the mismanagement?

Of course we discussed this with the EFL. Their view is that as long as the rules around the competition are complied with (Chris Parkes) and the matches can go ahead on safety grounds (Mick Everett) there is nothing they can do, although they are well aware the club has no (non-football) management. They don't see that as something they can challenge providing it doesn't lead to a breach of their rules.
  • Fumbluff said:

razil said:

razil said:

When we ask questions like that, and they have been asked more than once, we are simply rebuffed with the NDA get out

The whole thing is a charade and by turning up, Swallowing this tripe and coming back for more is ridiculous.

Get yourself out there a bit. Network. Those Christmas party guest lists don’t write themselves.... :wink:
    more true than you think..

;)
  • razil said:

Fumbluff said:

razil said:

razil said:

;)
    I put a suggestion on the protest thread before reading all this one.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

razil said:

Fumbluff said:

razil said:

razil said:

;)
    Really, about Christmas party lists?
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

Cafc43v3r said:

razil said:

Fumbluff said:

razil said:

razil said:

;)
    Yup, RM, RD and KM are all on it.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

razil said:

Cafc43v3r said:

razil said:

Fumbluff said:

razil said:

razil said:

;)
    Yup, RM, RD and KM are all on it.
    Now you're confusing party with card... (not CARD) come on not bad for a Monday..
  • Rainy days and Mondays and the sale of Charlton dragging on always gets me down.
  • There's a Kind of Hush from Belgium to here
  • One thing to consider is that the club now refuse to talk to the press about the takeover, saying that they will make any statement through the forum. This is all bollocks as far as I'm concerned, but the local press doesn't have the leverage any more.

What should concern people is that there is a least one person going to FF meetings as a fans' representative and backing RD, while attacking people who criticise the regime. While that might represent a slither of Charlton supporters' views, there is no one regularly present who represents the other extreme and perhaps there needs to be.

Can CARD not get a seat at the table? I can see why the club wouldnt want them to, but if City Addicks can get a spot it seems ridiculous CARD can't.
    Joking, right?
  • Regarding this tax analogy thingy offset against losses

Disclaimer alert * I am no expert

I earn £100 have no losses elsewhere I pay £30 corporation tax leaving £70 then I pay £35 personal tax cos I’m a high earner = £35 in my pocket

I earn £100 but have £10 losses so 30% of £90 paid in corporation tax leaves me with £63 and I then pay £31.50 tax leaving me with £31.50

Or I pay an entrepreneurial relief in it and the £70 leaves me with £63 and the £63 leaves me with £56.70

So if the losses increase against winnings I will lose out more ....

Is this right because no way are his losses a scratch trade .
    He may be losing less than the hardcore number but it’s still a loss £10 cost him £3.50 at the higher tax bracket
    Or £6.30 at the lower end

Still losses of 35% (at the higher end of the tax bracket) or 63% (at the lower end of the tax bracket) on the original losses .

Hardly quids in

I am also not an expert, but I thought it was more about the group position and where tax needs to be paid (or not paid).

One of the key drivers for us losing money is interest on loans. At a group level the loans are friendly, and the interest on those loans goes into the main pot where the group will be making its money. If the UK entity is losing money it doesn't have a tax bill as it is in deficit, however the holding company will be making significant gains in a low tax regime.

Look at Starbucks as an example (and this is from a few years ago so their position may have changed). For their european branches, they bought their coffee beans in bulk into their Luxembourg head office. these beans were then 'processed' and sold to the individual stores at a huge markup. their stores were largely run at a breakeven level due to the high cost of the beans with Luxembourg making a huge profit out of it.

I don't know enough about the money at Charlton, but I would assume that it is being run in a similar way, and due to the incomes vs expenditures we are probably not all that far away from the breakeven position if you take the 'friendly' loan repayments out of the operating expenses and add in the forecast player sales.
  • Can't someone just pay Roland £70M in cryptos?
    probably be worth 70p by the time the procrastinating fool gets to cash them in :wink:
  • No one knows Rolands thought process. I reckon we'll wake up one day with the OS saying a sale has been concluded. No rumours etc
  • Sponsored links:

• No one knows Rolands thought process. I reckon we'll wake up one day with the OS saying a sale has been concluded. No rumours etc

We’ve all had that dream mate, we’ve all had that dream :unamused:
  • edited February 2019

If I am right in thinking if RD continues to dig is heels in on price, he will continue to lose money, and the team will get weaker as he invests less and less. This means that the club will lose value and realistically he will have to ask for less money later down the line whilst he himself would have spent more money.

None of it makes sense to me.

You know that I know that, we all know it, that is why you can only conclude he is doing what he is doing out of spite.
  • JamesSeed said:

One thing to consider is that the club now refuse to talk to the press about the takeover, saying that they will make any statement through the forum. This is all bollocks as far as I'm concerned, but the local press doesn't have the leverage any more.

What should concern people is that there is a least one person going to FF meetings as a fans' representative and backing RD, while attacking people who criticise the regime. While that might represent a slither of Charlton supporters' views, there is no one regularly present who represents the other extreme and perhaps there needs to be.

Can CARD not get a seat at the table? I can see why the club wouldnt want them to, but if City Addicks can get a spot it seems ridiculous CARD can't.
    Joking, right?
    No, if the club were serious about listening to fans theyd be willing to listen to all fans, however the FF is just a box ticking exercise.
    Exactly.

Don’t tell Henry.
  • If I am right in thinking if RD continues to dig is heels in on price, he will continue to lose money, and the team will get weaker as he invests less and less. This means that the club will lose value and realistically he will have to ask for less money later down the line whilst he himself would have spent more money.

You know that I know that, we all know it, that is why you can only conclude he is doing what he is doing out of spite.
    NLA, Jimmy Seed, soapboxsam and Redvaliant, anyone else believe Spite and Schadenfreude is mixed up with the money in this cocktail and waffle from the Douchebag ?
  • JamesSeed said:

No one knows Rolands thought process. I reckon we'll wake up one day with the OS saying a sale has been concluded. No rumours etc

Don’t tell Henry.
    Been saying the same for three years
  • If I am right in thinking if RD continues to dig is heels in on price, he will continue to lose money, and the team will get weaker as he invests less and less. This means that the club will lose value and realistically he will have to ask for less money later down the line whilst he himself would have spent more money.

NLA, Jimmy Seed, soapboxsam and Redvaliant, anyone else believe Spite and Schadenfreude is mixed up with the money in this cocktail and waffle from the Douchebag ?
    Add me to the 'he's a spiteful *!#$' camp.

Add me to the 'he's a spiteful *!#$' camp.
    And me.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

One thing to consider is that the club now refuse to talk to the press about the takeover, saying that they will make any statement through the forum. This is all bollocks as far as I'm concerned, but the local press doesn't have the leverage any more.

Joking, right?
    No, if the club were serious about listening to fans theyd be willing to listen to all fans, however the FF is just a box ticking exercise.
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

It is far from perfect and not used as well as it should by the club but it's one of the few places fans can directly question the regime and speak truth to power.

The very reluctant denial, under pressure, from LDT about the £70m rebuff, was one example of this.
    Yet we've been told there's proof the denial was a bare-faced lie.

If the club is willing to sit there and lie to fans giving up their free time to attend, you have to wonder how seriously they are taking it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!