Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Out of the blue from a mate got a message saying, unnamed on here , trying to buy us but funnily enough our owner being difficult .

I looked up the mob who it could be and it makes no sense ...
    cos they currently own a club but It may be the people who previously owned the business who sold it to them who may be looking to buy us

What a load of shit

Still just a reminder our owner is a back and front (is that allowed )

I blame these new people for delaying the sale and their lack of transparency.

I also blame Oah Aah for getting people's hopes up. If it's not done in 72 hours as he promised it was all lies and spin from Roland.

I also blame CARD for no particular reason
    Corbyns got away with this one then Henry ?

• Out of the blue from a mate got a message saying, unnamed on here , trying to buy us but funnily enough our owner being difficult .

I looked up the mob who it could be and it makes no sense ...
    cos they currently own a club but It may be the people who previously owned the business who sold it to them who may be looking to buy us

What a load of shit

Still just a reminder our owner is a back and front (is that allowed )

I blame these new people for delaying the sale and their lack of transparency.

I also blame Oah Aah for getting people's hopes up. If it's not done in 72 hours as he promised it was all lies and spin from Roland.

I also blame CARD for no particular reason
    Corbyns got away with this one then Henry ?

His AS and other misdeeds are real and not for joking about. Also not for main board due to chunes
  • edited February 2019
    If Andrew Muir is still involved, I presume he said he wasn't, to try and reduce/stop any media questions put to him.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Wow!!!!!!! Never been itk til now !! Just had a 15 min conversation with Keith Harris in my cab.
    As open as he could be. Main points were;

RD very difficult man to deal with. Obstinate and refusing to put any more money in

Price agreed but structure of payment (Gomez / Lookman sell ons etc)

Aussies still include Andrew Muir as main consortium member

Aussies will be good for us if they can get it over the line

No other bidders as far as he’s aware

LdT is a nice guy but is RDs man and is working on his behalf hence the comment re the Aussies having some explaining to do when it’s all over is bollox. All down to RD and his stubbornness

(dont shoot the messenger) he said it’s very close. He even hinted at the dreaded “2 weeks”

Aussies not worried about timing of purchase I.e. they wouldn’t wait til end of season just cos transfer window closed

Everything seems in line with as per @JamesSeed has reported. He now tops my itk list of credibility

thanks @Taxi_Lad

The bit in bold sounds suspiciously like "third-party ownership" if RD wants to retain a financial stake in these players after he sells the club? would it be worth asking the FA if this is allowed?
    He got away with it with that bloke now on loan at palarse, but maybe different rules abroad?

Again though, every month of loses eats away at those fees.

Roll on the next FF.
  • Solidgone said:

It’s happening!

But it ain't, we wondered what the sticking point was and now we know. It remains stuck...
  • Do CAST have e mail contact with the EFL ?

If so could they ask for clarification, if EFL rules permit sellers, to add clauses for further payments to be made from previous player sales or similar ?
  • Sponsored links:

• There's always two sides to a story but according to the latest revelations, there are no other bidders and the pendulum of blame for the delay has swung firmly back towards the rat. Now why does that not surprise me :smirk:
  • edited February 2019
    I am pretty sure sell on fees, like in this example, don't constitute 3rd party ownership, as defined. Mainly because RD would have no control over any further transfer, or lack of. Didn't Leeds United and later spurs raise money to by players from 3td party finance companies, who were due a % of future sales?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Wow!!!!!!! Never been itk til now !! Just had a 15 min conversation with Keith Harris in my cab.

RD very difficult man to deal with. Obstinate and refusing to put any more money in

LdT is a nice guy but is RDs man and is working on his behalf hence the comment re the Aussies having some explaining to do when it’s all over is bollox. All down to RD and his stubbornness

(dont shoot the messenger) he said it’s very close. He even hinted at the dreaded “2 weeks”

Aussies not worried about timing of purchase I.e. they wouldn’t wait til end of season just cos transfer window closed

Everything seems in line with as per @JamesSeed has reported. He now tops my itk list of credibility

Wow, @Taxi_Lad ! A scoop indeed !

How quickly did you realise it was Keith Harris ?

Feeling pretty down at the moment so this has raised my spirits considerably.

Relating the post to Mr F and unsure how to describe who KH is/his place in this process....

Any help gratefully received.

BTW. Should you pick up Michael Buble, PLEASE lock the doors until I can get there....:-)

Orville was a bit of a giveaway....
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I am pretty sure sell on fees, like in this example, don't constitute 3rd party ownership, as defined. Mainly because RD would have no control over any further transfer, or lack of. Didn't Leeds United and later spurs raise money to by players from 3td party finance companies, who were due a % of future sales?

We used a 3rd party finance company in the Darren Bent sale.
  • Ferryman said:

Cafc43v3r said:

We used a 3rd party finance company in the Darren Bent sale.
    We needed to raise finance to sell Darren Bent ?
  • edited February 2019
    Well a least it gives us a hint of chink of light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    RedChaser said:

There's always two sides to a story but according to the latest revelations, there are no other bidders and the pendulum of blame for the delay has swung firmly back towards the rat. Now why does that not surprise me :smirk:

Not quite.

According to Taxi_Lad he said "No other bidders as far as he’s aware" - although you might expect someone as well connected as Harris acting as a broker for a bidder would be 'aware' of other bidders?
  • edited February 2019
    Uboat said:

JamesSeed said:

It's so good to know that in two weeks this will all be over.
    Hmm, we may have been here before.....but at least this time it comes from someone brokering the deal, rather than the buyer.
  • Good news and bad news really. Good news that Taxi_Lad got the info from a very good source and its perhaps positive but bad news that there are no other bidders which to be honest fits in with the complete lack of any rumours.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Big question: Was he a Spurs season-ticket holder and have you now convinced him to come and watch Premier League stars of the future?
  • This brings me back to the suggestion I made on the protest thread. At the next ff might it be worth asking LDT "we appricate that you can not discuss the details of any of the" bids" due to NDAs, would you be prepared to allow an independent 3rd party, under an NDA, to confirm the existence of such NDAs?". Refusal would in its self be an admition of them not existing, at least not in the manor he keeps repeating.
  • Uboat said:

JamesSeed said:

It's so good to know that in two weeks this will all be over.
    Wanna bet?

• Thanks for sharing @Taxi_Lad

Interesting that I was guessing Harris was involved and seems he is.

So maybe sticking point is sell on fees. Greedy bastard Roland, you've sold them once but want more.

Of course, Harris will tell it from his point of view so isn't unbiased but if nothing else should be good for another 20 pages.

It's what he's done with Batshuayi and Standard. http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84554/summer-pay-day-for-duchatelet-from-palace
  • micks1950 said:

RedChaser said:

There's always two sides to a story but according to the latest revelations, there are no other bidders and the pendulum of blame for the delay has swung firmly back towards the rat. Now why does that not surprise me :smirk:

Not quite.

According to Taxi_Lad he said "No other bidders as far as he’s aware" - although you might expect someone as well connected as Harris acting as a broker for a bidder would be 'aware' of other bidders?
    My take on that was he was quite dismissive of the idea when I mentioned possibly a British group and a European group
  • JamesSeed said:

It's the hope that kills you.
  • They would be mental to buy the club now with the window closed, we don't look good enough to go up and they would just be financing losses until May. I guess they would have a chance to come in and sign up the players out of contract.

That's the most important thing for me now, making sure we have a squad capable of competing next season, whichever division we are in.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!