Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Is he on the radio today? He said there was an important meeting last night so we ought to expect an update on that!

He’s on 10am to 1pm, same as yesterday.
  • Well let's see what he has to say.
  • Scoham said:

Looking forward to more Jim White backtracking today. Maybe he’ll announce Meire is joining from Wednesday as CEO.

Perhaps if she was involved it would get done, with the buyers walking all over her like the agents and players used to. At least she could say that she liked doing the deal.
  • Scoham said:

Looking forward to more Jim White backtracking today. Maybe he’ll announce Meire is joining from Wednesday as CEO.

I must say we haven't really noticed her absence - the fact that we can carry on for months without a CEO etc speaks volumes for their contribution when they were here.
  • I found £2.25 down the back of the sofa last night ...... it could be back on !
  • edited January 2019

Is he on the radio today? He said there was an important meeting last night so we ought to expect an update on that!

An update would be nice but I don’t think we can rely on getting one. Unless everything was resolved one way or another last night there are very likely quite sensitive issues which any of the sources might be reluctant or unable to pass on at this point. Just hearing that a meeting actually took place would be huge.

My guess is that we’ll hear over the course of the day that it’s all still on and all off. Next raft of information will be from the Fans Forum. Frustrating but what can we do.

• Would expect to hear very little mention of us from JW today or any time soon.
  • DOUCHER said:

Solidgone said:

My immediate concern is whether RD is about to sell Taylor to the spanners to help towards the mounting running costs.

If that happens then i think i'll be done with this club
    No major player sales this window - I know that for a fact
    Is this a known, known?
    It can’t be - if somebody came in with a high offer for Taylor, he would be sold.

• I found £2.25 down the back of the sofa last night ...... it could be back on !

Buy Ajose with it and you would still have 75p left.
  • Sponsored links:

Christ! That's a bit of luck, you have just out bid the Aussies.
  • ozaddick said:

Holy feck! I checked in yesterday and had around 200 posts to get through... this morning it’s 1100!! I’m guessing nothings happened.

Quite right. When (if) something actually happens, there'll be no new posts because the site will crash in the excitement.

#WINOCLBIC

Aussies have now bid £2.26 despite only having £1.45
    Some American bloke making up the rest but it's in dollars and he wants to own part of the sofa where the loose change was found.
  • So, does anyone know how the meeting concluded last night?

No one knows anything.....its taken a few years but its obvious now.

Aussies have now bid £2.26 despite only having £1.45
    Some American bloke making up the rest but it's in dollars and he wants to own part of the sofa where the loose change was found.
    Are we getting a new Fan Sofa?? Can't wait!!
  • Greenie said:

So, does anyone know how the meeting concluded last night?

No one knows anything.....its taken a few years but its obvious now.
    There was probably no meeting in the 1st place..i smell a Rat and it aint Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

Coffee. Biscuits. A few awkward glances at watches. Arranging Ubers. Last-minute dash to the loo.
  • There there everyone, hush now, Daddy’s going to sing you all to sleep and when you all wake in the morning, you’ll realise it’s just been a terrible dream, that’s all.

Rock a bye CL on the tree top.

Your not my real daddy anyway
    You’re

Yor!
  • Chunes said:

When this sale is completed, admins should print, bind and produce book versions of this entire thread and make them available for sale as novelty gifts.

More likely it will be used by future generations as a psychological study on the slow unravelling of the human mind. With fish puns
    I can see that flounder(ing)!
  • Chunes said:

When this sale is completed, admins should print, bind and produce book versions of this entire thread and make them available for sale as novelty gifts.

Chapter 6: Fish Puns.
  • The latest odds:

1/4 Noel Edmonds
    5/2 Aussies (with a bit of American chucked in)
    10/1 Zabeel
    12/1 Redbull
    25/1 The landlord of The Winchester
    100/1 The Bromley Consortium
    150/1 NLA (yet to show proof of funds - rumour has it they're hidden under the full stop button on his keyboard which he is yet to find)
    200/1 Curbs

I'm sure Siouxsie Sioux and Billy Idol have got a bit of wedge, but I can't see them buying Charlton, tbf.
  • Chunes said:

An insomnia manual sponsored by the Samaritans.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!