Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

Think we’ll know either way tomorrow. Crucial meeting taking place as we speak.

Do you know that for sure?
  • Hmmmmm... American money+ Aussies =

Rupert Murdoch will be our new owner.

He will rename the stadium “Daily Mail Valley.” It all makes sense now.
  • edited January 2019
    Uboat said:

J BLOCK said:

Do you know that for sure?
    I'm listening in right now

"Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear...to me...to you"
  • When I was just a little boy
    I asked my father who would it
    Will it Aussies, will it be Yanks
    Here's what he said to me.

Qué Sera Sera
    Whatever will be
    The future's not ours to see
    Qué Sera Sera
  • edited January 2019
    My old man said
    Be a Roland fan
    I said ....
  • edited January 2019
    After ordering a donor kebabs (salad, then lemon juice followed by adding the chillie sauce and don’t forget the long thing chillies all wrapped up to go) I thought to myself is this a wrap or has the deal been sorted? Funny question you might ask... but is it?
    I handed over my £4.50 (in cash) but still continued to question this transaction. Surely someone like me with my limited intellect is able to get it sorted and purchase a kebabs without difficulty then why are peeps saying they want to buy a football club can’t do the same. I do wonder sometimes on whether the amount of money it costs to send yous to university is a complete waste of money!
  • the fish puns are the last straw for FORD
  • vffvff
    edited January 2019

Hmmmmm... American money+ Aussies =

Rupert Murdoch will be our new owner.

He will rename the stadium “Daily Mail Valley.” It all makes sense now.

More like ‘Sun Valley’
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
  • edited January 2019
    Solidgone said:

After ordering a donor kebabs (salad, then lemon juice followed by adding the chillie sauce and don’t forget the long thing chillies all wrapped up to go) I thought to myself is this a wrap or has the deal been sorted? Funny question you might ask... but is it?
    I handed over my £4.50 (in cash) but still continued to question this transaction. Surely someone like me with my limited intellect is able to get it sorted and purchase a kebabs without difficulty then why are peeps saying they want to buy a football club can’t do the same. I do wonder sometimes on whether the amount of money it costs to send yous to university is a complete waste of money!

£4.50 is cheap for a kebab. Maybe if the club was similarly cheap it would be sold by now. One thing that struck me regarding Roland's latest interview with Jim White was him suggesting that it wasn't the asking price, but the day to day running costs that was the problem in selling the club. You have to have something wrong with you mentally surely to not realise the two are linked. If you are buying a business that is losing a lot of money, surely this impacts the asking price - that is why we have seen owners of other clubs selling those clubs for relatively small amounts. If he loses £5m or £11m a year, it doesn't take long to wipe out any profit a sale would give him surely.

By relegating a club of our size, Roland has made it far less attractive and he seems to be oblivious of this.The bloke is not right in the head and it would be in everybody's interests, including his own if he took a hit and got rid.
  • So both sources work for/are hired by RD, good thing there's history of being dishonest there.

It's all smoke n feckin mirrors.
  • J BLOCK said:

Is it though? Or is that bit made up too?
    its all made up !!!!! peoples reputations being destroyed as we speak,confidences being broken bollocks, thats all i can tell you bollocks.If anyone thought they knew it would be on here!!! Why would it not,why would it matter who knew,why would someone tell a reporter in confidence,none of it makes sense,all i know is bowyer has a dream to build a football team...............................

you sure it aint Redbull
  • So both sources work for/are hired by RD, good thing there's history of being dishonest there.

Broker’s not working for RD.
  • I wonder what time the news of tonight’s meeting will filter out?

Is that not a little strange? Surely in most sales the broker works for the party with the thing for sale?

What I still don't understand is, if this wasn't a ploy to speed up a competing bid, why leak it to a national reporter?
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

I wonder what time the news of tonight’s meeting will filter out?

Bet we don’t see any minutes of the meeting either
  • bobmunro said:

Greenie said:

Unfair on White and TS from Charlton fans, were just trying to get this done. - White

So now JW is having a pop at the fans - wtf does he expect us to say? "Don't worry about it Jim, simple mistake and we're still all chilled".
    He really wasn't. Was quite complimentary about us. That comment is removed from its context.
  • edited January 2019
    Valley11 said:

This really is torture. What a shitty 5 years to support our club

It's had it's ups and downs but at least we've been able to watch the Premiership stars of tomorrow.
  • Rothko said:

Look at the guuums

Is that not a little strange? Surely in most sales the broker works for the party with the thing for sale?

What I still don't understand is, if this wasn't a ploy to speed up a competing bid, why leak it to a national reporter?
    When a house is being sold (yes, I know) both parties have a broker or agent.

Why not with a football club?

Either the broker finds buyers or the buyers find a broker.

Either way the broker takes a fee

Murray told me Duchatelet paid a £1m finder's fee when he bought Charlton.
  • J BLOCK said:

Is it though? Or is that bit made up too?
    Bit like Katrien and her interviews!!
  • Same old people trotting out the same old shite.
    Personally, can't wait for the 19th when we play someone now known as 'Stanley' at The Valley.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!