Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• For the people who want to hear what was dicussed about the proposed takeover on the Jim White Show,listen here.
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1546855200/1546862400/
  • Rudders22 said:

As if thwy would have a meeting in the eveni g FFS. Why couldn't they have it during business hours? It doesn't add up.

I think you'll find Australia are something like 12 hrs in front of us and New York about 5 hrs behind.
    What about the trains?
    Southeastern are well behind schedule
  • Rudders22 said:

As if thwy would have a meeting in the eveni g FFS. Why couldn't they have it during business hours? It doesn't add up.

The Aussies probably couldn’t have afforded the time off work.
  • Cmon someone come up with a buying a house analogy, we haven’t had one of those for 50 pages....

Yeah: I can't afford it and I won't be able to for the foreseeable future. Sorry.
  • Rudders22 said:

I think you'll find Australia are something like 12 hrs in front of us and New York about 5 hrs behind.
    What about the trains?
    Change at New Street, direct from there.
  • Any good fish puns ?
  • clive said:

For the people who want to hear what was dicussed about the proposed takeover on the Jim White Show,listen here.
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1546855200/1546862400/

It starts on 6 mins.
  • Everyone should calm down. NLA is the one speaking sense. Airman knows about the same as the rest of us, we need to be patient and see what happens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Where did the money for Jonny Williams come from if we’re not being taken over?

Bowyer has a budget, but I would be surprised if we are paying very much if anything for Williams.
    I would think that he got a nice pay off from Palace for the remaining 6 months of his contract meaning that we could offer something acceptable to him that was within Bowyer’s budget. Currently it’s being funded by the loss of Steer and Ward’s wages. I reckon there will be no more incomings before outgoings. If the takeover has floundered again I expect a couple of sales too especially if Roland can get a fee, any fee, for those out of contract in the summer.
  • He is on good terms with Palace - he has 6 months to go where it is clear he won't figure for them. It is logical for him to put himself in the shop window. Charlton are a good option as he will get games with us and he probably doesn't have to move for which will only be a six month move. I would expect Palace are paying most of teh money, if not all of it under the circumstances. Not to do us a favour, but to help Williams further his career.

He is no longer under contract to Palace though.
  • Maybe Palace gave him a lump sum to pay up the final 6 months.
  • lolwray said:

Any good fish puns ?

I’ve haddock enough of this!
  • lolwray said:

Any good fish puns ?

I cant help but think Jim "white bait"ing us all along
  • Australian consortium according to JW.

Doesn't that contradict what Airman said the other day?

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This isn’t via JW, by the way.
    This is what I posted earlier, if that helps. A few calls were made yesterday by other people and this is what came back. It’s a prediction and it comes from someone who has been involved, but it is not a definitive statement of fact or a claim that it has already happened.

I don’t know anything about Jim White’s meeting but there are two primary sources of the report it’s about to be done. One is the broker, who is talking to JW, and the other is Lieven De Turck.
    On the face of it that’s pretty good damned evidence.

• edited January 2019
  • Sponsored links:

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This is what I posted earlier, if that helps. A few calls were made yesterday by other people and this is what came back. It’s a prediction and it comes from someone who has been involved, but it is not a definitive statement of fact or a claim that it has already happened.

I don’t know anything about Jim White’s meeting but there are two primary sources of the report it’s about to be done. One is the broker, who is talking to JW, and the other is Lieven De Turck.
    So is it on or off? I’m so confused right now!
  • Laddick01 said:

Australian consortium according to JW.

This is what I posted earlier, if that helps. A few calls were made yesterday by other people and this is what came back. It’s a prediction and it comes from someone who has been involved, but it is not a definitive statement of fact, ie a claim that it has already happened.

ITS BACK ON.
    Redbull finally making their move???
  • Where did the money for Jonny Williams come from if we’re not being taken over?

Bowyer has a budget, but I would be surprised if we are paying very much if anything for Williams.
    We must be paying him something, did we not take over his contract from Palace, so he wont be playing for free will he
  • CARD. Do not spend the protest money. I feel if we are split between two owners / buyers Americans or Australians I feel this will end in a massive disappointmen. I got excited when I seen 209 new posts but actually I’m getting pretty pxxxed off reading he said this. He said that. I know I shouldn’t read it but like most of us I’m just hoping never mind soon be Easter.
  • edited January 2019

Australian consortium according to JW.

So is it on or off? I’m so confused right now!
    Neither.

There is a meeting taking place.

According to two sources a deal COULD be close.

We don't know what the outcome of that meeting is?

Airman I don’t mean to be rude but that’s conflicting unless I’m being stupid? You have said the contact said the Americans are going to back off and then say the source says it’s about to be done?

We must be paying him something, did we not take over his contract from Palace, so he wont be playing for free will he
    I should imagine he is on some kind of pay as you play deal. Palace probably paid his contract up as a gesture of good will.

One thing is for sure, if he manages to stay fit and put a run of games together, then we need to get promoted to have any chance of keeping him - because he’s miles too good for League 1.
  • lolwray said:

Any good fish puns ?

Thanks ...we all know what this thread is really for

I should imagine he is on some kind of pay as you play deal. Palace probably paid his contract up as a gesture of good will.

One thing is for sure, if he manages to stay fit and put a run of games together, then we need to get promoted to have any chance of keeping him - because he’s miles too good for League 1.
    Is this the right thread for this guys?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!