Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Halix said:

So if ive got this straight, we could be moving from a billionaire owner who isnt prepared to invest, to Australian owners who havent got any money to invest, and who have had to raise the money by selling the freehold to third party American money men.

I cant really see this being any great improvement.

It would be far, far worse.
  • The Australian group must like doing the Hokey Cokey, there in out, in out, Roland must be dancing with them
  • edited January 2019
    CAFCsayer said:

Australian consortium according to JW.

Doesn't that contradict what Airman said the other day?

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This isn’t via JW, by the way.
    how does that work? American company buy the ground and training facilities and aussie company buy the club?
    Sounds like it to me.
    This cannot happpen and is a receipe for disaster.
    Bring back the pigs...!!
  • Pretty simple question, are the Americans in or out? If they are out is it over?

We've never really "known" about any Americans full stop.

Just like most of this takeover process really, it's all been little nuggets of information that have emerged from certain sources, but never a complete picture.
  • looking forward to the minutes from Wednesday's Fans Forum meeting. I gather LVT will say there are now six interested parties, five have done DD, one isn't going to bother as they are minted and don't care, all six have made offers to RD but none accepted, the EFL test has yet to be passed by anyone, the Aussie/USA/New Zealand/Papua New Guinea consortium is still trying to raise cash but are hopeful now that a mate in Barbados wants in, in the last three hours he had had another approach (Red Bull) and he is now extremely confident that a deal will be concluded sometime in the future. Jim White should be attending the meeting and his arrival is imminent.

Yeah, but what about the potholes?
  • edited January 2019
    se9addick said:

Uboat said:

Why are we still taking about the ground? Didn't that plan depend on the now-withdrawn Americans?

Despite the dozens of posts on this I am still unclear. Have the Americans withdrawn from the purchase process ? You would assume that if that’s the case then the takeover is off with the Australian Consortium not having the money.

Furthermore. Is there a meeting this evening ?

I seem to recall @nth london addick saying from day 1 that the Aussies didn’t have/didn’t want to spend the money, looks like he was right all along.
    At one point, just the mention from anybody of anything negative regarding the Aussie take-over was scoffed at on here and other social media outlets. Spose it shows how desperate the situation was and still is.

But at least the team and manager are doin their bit to give the fans something to cheer about
  • edited January 2019

Halix said:

So if ive got this straight, we could be moving from a billionaire owner who isnt prepared to invest, to Australian owners who havent got any money to invest, and who have had to raise the money by selling the freehold to third party American money men.

I cant really see this being any great improvement.

It would be far, far worse.
    The other thing that worries me is why are the Australians working so hard to buy us? They arent fans, theres no huge financial reward, theres any number of clubs that are suitable (and probably cheaper) unless they have found a previously unknown diamond mine under the carpark, or struck oil when doing the survey I cant see what their motivation is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Effectively two different sets of investors owning different parts of the club/assets is a recipe for disaster.

What could possibly go wrong!!!

You couldn't make it up.
  • Pretty simple question, are the Americans in or out? If they are out is it over?

The answer is nobody knows, even those that say they are "in the know". If Jim White back tracks any further he will doing tomorrows show from the pavement Belgium!.

The answer is nobody knows, even those that say they are "in the know". If Jim White back tracks any further he will doing tomorrows show from the pavement.
    Amen to that, we will only find out for sure if it happens, & if it dosn't we may get a few answers.
  • Anybody else got the feeling, we're just being played ?

If you are just getting it you must have suffered over the last few days. I take anything Jim White says with a large pinch of salt.
  • If the Americans are the new investors but are only providing the cash to buy the assets, ie are not involved in running the club, then that explains why the F&P test is not an issue - it doesn’t apply.
  • edited January 2019

If you run the club well, Charlton offers advantages over other clubs in terms of ultimate potential IMO.

Really, what? We are a unfashionable club, with a squad of players that will soon be out of contract, losing huge monies and with a disgruntled support base. We do have a young improving manager, a good badge and a location in London but cant otherwise see why we have a lot of advantages over say Portsmouth or Brentford.
  • Sponsored links:

No. What does that even mean?
  • edited January 2019

Anybody else got the feeling, we're just being played ?

And there seems to be one hell of a lot of extra time and play acting.

• CAFCsayer said:

Australian consortium according to JW.

Doesn't that contradict what Airman said the other day?

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This isn’t via JW, by the way.
    how does that work? American company buy the ground and training facilities and aussie company buy the club?
    Sounds like it to me.
    This cannot happpen and is a receipe for disaster.
    Bring back the pigs...!!
    Or the pig puns, coz i'm getting really boared with whats going on, cant you all see we have been taking it for grunted that it was all going through - but, Babe, we were all just piggies in the middle.
  • There is no conspiracy going on. Sorry to break it to you all but Roland doesn’t even know any of you exist, why would he care about playing games with something that commands less than 2% of his interest?

Reading between the lines, here is the situation in simple terms:

-Roland STILL wants too much money

-The Aussies (GM led) are STILL interested in buying but either don’t have enough money or don’t want to pay the asking price in full

-The Aussies (and the broker) thought they had a deal whereby the Aussies buy the club while new American investors buy the ground etc.

-The Americans have pulled out leaving us back where we were a few weeks ago.

All plausible, especially IMHO Duchatelet. Not sure about the Americans and their role but I'm not ITK.

What I do think is that White said the meeting was today. It may be taking place now or not even have started so we can't be sure what the outcome of that meeting was or will be.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!