Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Rudders22 said:

As if thwy would have a meeting in the eveni g FFS. Why couldn't they have it during business hours? It doesn't add up.

I think you'll find Australia are something like 12 hrs in front of us and New York about 5 hrs behind.
    I used to live in Australia. They are about 11hrs ahead. You would think if something was going to happen they would be in this country and at the club they were buying??
  • lolwray said:

Any good fish puns ?

There have been some goujons (good ones) in the past.
  • edited January 2019

Everyone should calm down. NLA is the one speaking sense. Airman knows about the same as the rest of us, we need to be patient and see what happens.

NLA has been consistent in saying nothing would happen and since April 2017 when it was first stated Douchebag wanted to sell and this war and peace thread started.

Without taking anything away from NLA's mystic Meg and Russell Grants type talents, I'm sure Nostradamus became famous for predicting events which would happen,
    Not what wasn't going to happen.

Right carry on folks (was Sid James in that one ?)
  • Australian consortium according to JW.

Doesn't that contradict what Airman said the other day?

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This isn’t via JW, by the way.
    This is what I posted earlier, if that helps. A few calls were made yesterday by other people and this is what came back. It’s a prediction and it comes from someone who has been involved, but it is not a definitive statement of fact or a claim that it has already happened.

I don’t know anything about Jim White’s meeting but there are two primary sources of the report it’s about to be done. One is the broker, who is talking to JW, and the other is Lieven De Turck.
    Airman I don’t mean to be rude but that’s conflicting unless I’m being stupid? You have said the contact said the Americans are going to back off and then say the source says it’s about to be done?
    Quite. It's called hedging your bets.
    Whatever happens you can claim to be right if you've covered all options :smile:
  • edited January 2019

Australian consortium according to JW.

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This is what I posted earlier, if that helps. A few calls were made yesterday by other people and this is what came back. It’s a prediction and it comes from someone who has been involved, but it is not a definitive statement of fact or a claim that it has already happened.

I don’t know anything about Jim White’s meeting but there are two primary sources of the report it’s about to be done. One is the broker, who is talking to JW, and the other is Lieven De Turck.
    Airman I don’t mean to be rude but that’s conflicting unless I’m being stupid? You have said the contact said the Americans are going to back off and then say the source says it’s about to be done?
    My contact is very sceptical about the parties’ ability to conclude a deal and believes the next thing that will happen is that the American funding will stall.

Both the broker and De Turck, separately, have given the impression that it is imminent.

My contact is very sceptical about the parties’ ability to conclude a deal and believes the next thing that will happen is that the American funding will stall.

Both the broker and De Turck, separately, have given the impression that it is imminent.

So it's off then.
  • Where did the money for Jonny Williams come from if we’re not being taken over?

Bowyer has a budget, but I would be surprised if we are paying very much if anything for Williams.
    We must be paying him something, did we not take over his contract from Palace, so he wont be playing for free will he
    I should imagine he is on some kind of pay as you play deal. Palace probably paid his contract up as a gesture of good will.

One thing is for sure, if he manages to stay fit and put a run of games together, then we need to get promoted to have any chance of keeping him - because he’s miles too good for League 1.
    P*** off Otto, we're talking takeover here.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019

Rudders22 said:

As if thwy would have a meeting in the eveni g FFS. Why couldn't they have it during business hours? It doesn't add up.

I think you'll find Australia are something like 12 hrs in front of us and New York about 5 hrs behind.
    Ranging from between 8 (Perth) and 11 (Sydney) hours at the moment.

So if a deal is being made between Australia and US via Skype then we’ll all be dreaming having nightmares in London at that time.
  • FUCK all this.
    If it carries on much longer I'm back on the Brexit thread.

How's it going over there by the way chaps.

Brexit before Rexit is the new buzz word.
  • Where did the money for Jonny Williams come from if we’re not being taken over?

Bowyer has a budget, but I would be surprised if we are paying very much if anything for Williams.
    We must be paying him something, did we not take over his contract from Palace, so he wont be playing for free will he
    F*** Williams, we're talking takeover.
    Oh right, I thought it was just a thread for general bullshit!
  • iamdan said:

What’s the latest guys? Been out all day.

Nothing. It's been pretty quiet on here.

Quite. It's called hedging your bets.
    Whatever happens you can claim to be right if you've covered all options :smile:

Its really starting to get on my tits, so many people supposedly ITK who clearly know fuck all.

The two things that cause annoyance on this thread; certainty and a lack of certainty.
  • Sponsored links:

• iamdan said:

• Bingo's about to start.
  • “Charlton fans, get this into your heads, it’s happening”

Or words in that region, I know it’s not jim’s fault but F#%$¥$€+%#!!!!!!!!
  • Bingo's about to start.

Belgian Buns number 8

F*** Williams, we're talking takeover.
    Oh right, I thought it was just a thread for general bullshit!
    lol
  • 2 fat ladies, up The Millers
  • Sounds like this one has fallen off its perch.

So Airman - Given what you said in your last post, can you tell us how your source is so knowledgable, when the information that it's imminent comes from the fella handling the sale for Roland and the fella brokering the deal itself?
    I'm assuming your source is close to whichever consortium is/isn't buying the club, can you elaborate?
  • iamdan said:

Essentially only two questions being asked at the moment. Is it still on? or is it off?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!